997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Evoms EVT700 article in Excellence Mag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:42 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Evoms EVT700 article in Excellence Mag

For anyone who has not seen this month's Excellence, there is a nice article about the Evo car at the Texas Mile event. Props to Todd Zuccone for impressing the Excellence guys - they have been traditionally down on the 997tt.

The article talks about all the work Evo put into the package, including manufacturing the custom turbo compressor wheels, recirc valves, intercoolers to produce a cohesive package. We should all be happy that such careful work is being done by tuners to make excellent products available to us.

Of note, Todd is quoted as stating the limit on the stock block is about 850hp, which is Supra territory for our GT1 blocks. This is a great reason to retain your 07-09 TT's before they put the junk motor into the facelifted late 09/10 cars.

I do have a question for those who stay in touch with Todd and Evo as to why they felt the need to use a "built motor" in their car at the 700hp level - custom head studs, gaskets, etc. if the motor's limit is closer to 850hp? If there is some limitation of our motors at the 700hp level I would love to learn more since I plan on keeping this car a very long time and want to avoid having to get into the internals.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:54 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eclou
I do have a question for those who stay in touch with Todd and Evo as to why they felt the need to use a "built motor" in their car at the 700hp level - custom head studs, gaskets, etc. if the motor's limit is closer to 850hp? If there is some limitation of our motors at the 700hp level I would love to learn more since I plan on keeping this car a very long time and want to avoid having to get into the internals.

Perhaps because they do more rigorous testing at the track then the rest of us will do to our cars. And they can do it a lot cheaper then we can.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps the block is good for 850. I'm pretty sure the rods have a limited life span at 700+.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:34 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Obviously the shop has the resources to do so at marginal cost compared to a customer. If there is a limitation though at 700ish hp then are all the Evt700 kits using built motors? I thought it was supposed to be a bolt-on? If the kits are bolt-ons then is there a longevity concern for the consumer that does not have a built motor? Do all of us 700 kit users - Proto, AWE, Evo etc need to plan for stronger head studs and gaskets? Maybe Sharky can chime in

Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 PM
lamvince is infamous around these partslamvince is infamous around these parts
if u put stronger head studs and stuff how much power can the car put out safely?