997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GTR killed by......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
GTR killed by......

Sorry to post or if i re-pors it but it is look like the japan Godzilla cant even hold with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjmyt52-c8c

Old 07-18-2008, 09:07 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
not surprised. The GTR's advantage is its transmission. From a hole shot the Z06 / TT are beat. On the track it also holds its own. From a roll....easy picking for Z06, TT. Quite an amazing achievement from Nissan at that price level but as the street races are reported shes going to see her fair share of losses.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
even with the launch control the GTR couldn't pull away from the Z...

Old 07-19-2008, 04:40 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
How does stock 997 TT runs agains stock Zo6 ???

Old 07-19-2008, 09:30 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by empunker
even with the launch control the GTR couldn't pull away from the Z...
Don't know how you define "pull away," but from 0-60, LC + AWD will smoke the Z06. By the end of 1/4 mile, I think the Z06 will have caught up and will continue to walk away.

In any case, who cares. It should be judged as an all-arounder.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Nij
Nij is infamous around these parts
GT-R not proving to be consistent in the straight line acceleration tests: C&D Magazine July and Aug'08 also May'08 R&T Magazine can't replicate the blistering 0-60mph in 3.2sec seen on edmunds review. The 0-60 mph times are between 3.4 - 4.1sec none beat the turbo and in fact the z06 and turbo beat the Gt-R in the QTR mile in R&T. Gt-r is great handling supercar it does have special rubber unlike the stock tires on the 911Turbo (does that account for 2 seconds on the Nurburgring Nordschleif who knows?). In Sport Compact Mag. June'08: GT-R released in Japan with a top speed limiter of 111 mph!!! You can track the car (on approved race tracks detected by GPS) but there is a mandatory dealer Safety Check @ $1000, try and skip it and void the warranty....My point is this I love an M3 you know what you are getting..A lot is still unknown with the Gt-R (US spec car) and its manufacturer quirks/limits/requirements. The Gt-R test mules were showing awesome performance (some said they were the V-Spec motor & settings, who knows??) for the money....But if Nissan is like Mitsubishi with the EVO and do not support the enthusiasts my money is with the M3 or RS4 and their Tuners. The Tuners may eventually have to save the day for the Gt-R.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Nij
Nij is infamous around these parts
My previous message was a discussion between the M3 and the GTr I posted else where..please take in context with that comparison.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:37 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Looks like the Z06 walked the nissan GTR pretty easily.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Why is this in the 997 forum? The GTR isn't that fast, I think a stock Turbo will get the edge almost every time, unless the launch is screwed up.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:36 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Sounds like they juiced up the boost on the press cars, the consumers get the "normal" aka SLOW version.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:26 PM
lamvince is infamous around these partslamvince is infamous around these parts
i heard the gtr will activate itself into sport mode when the gps detects it is on a track. forgot where i heard that from. could that cause it?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:10 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Z06 wins... interesting - the GTR is an enigma... no one knows anything about this car, every magazine posts differing results

Old 07-19-2008, 09:19 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Z06 wins... interesting - the GTR is an enigma... no one knows anything about this car, every magazine posts differing results
They are starting to hit the streets, so more data should be flowing soon. I saw one dyno chart showing 420 AWHP on brandnew car (<100 miles on odo):

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....dpost&p=310435

Speculation is that that might go up a bit post break-in. Not too shabby.

Also hearing rumors that a brake job MUST include a rotor swap and will be $6K+. Seems crazy if true.

I have one coming in late Sept.

-Chris

Old 07-20-2008, 11:14 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I knew it. The test mules were much more powerful than the production versions.

Where are are all the GTR trolls that normally jump in on this forum?

ihatepotholes, where are you? We need your GTR wisdom on this one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.