997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

increased performance with exhaust only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:43 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
Talking increased performance with exhaust only

I have a Fabspeed exhaust installed on my stock 997TT and could make a dragrace on an airfield against a Sportech Stage1 modded 997TT. sportech.ch from Switzerland has a good reputation in Europe and claims 530PS and 720NM for its stage 1 kit.

Both cars are tiptronic and we made the "launch control" start: brake -> building revs and boost -> release break.

To my own surprise i could pass the sportec at about 220 kph, although i had a bad start and the sportech made a few meters even before the race started for me

I was quite impressed and never expected to be faster and with a tiptronic there is nothing you can do as a driver, just relase your break and see what´s happening.

So: You will get a lot of performance with a good exhaust

Picture of the race (sorry, i was too fast for the photographer)

Old 07-23-2008, 08:07 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !

Old 07-23-2008, 08:10 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
There must be something wrong with the Sportec car. A GIAC stage 2 (exhaust + ECU) will run from 60-130mph in 8s vs 10-12s for a stock TT.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 AM
haudimal is infamous around these parts
my car made the 60 - 130 in 8,x sec. and this was BEFORE the exhaust has been installed, with a little downhill help;-)

car was bone stock, just a sport air filter

Anyway, I´m happy with the performance of my car, because in Germany you are in big trouble with a flashed ECU if you have some problems with your engine. Porsche will not give ANY warranty to any engine related problems, no way.

Because of the sport exhaust i had to pay a bad lambda sensor myself, this was around 300€ and no big deal, but i don´t wanna play the game with a ~ 50.000 € spare engine

Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
That's an exceptionally good run for a stock car. You got a good one!

Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gmoney

lol

haudimal.... your car is a factory freak

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.