997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need auto transport company?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 PM
txjeff is infamous around these parts
Need auto transport company?

Does anyone know of a good nation-wide auto transport firm. I am needing to ship a car from Milwaukee to Dallas. Not my TT.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:39 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
intercitylines.com used to be a sponsor on here I believe but are well-known...

Old 07-24-2008, 02:19 AM
memo is infamous around these parts
I used Intercity Lines to transport my 997TT from Naples, FL to Arlington, VA and I was extremely happy with them. Everything went very smooth.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 AM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
I was happy with Blue Highways.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:13 AM
PorscheGuy949 is infamous around these parts
plycar

Old 10-15-2015, 04:37 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
I'm using Intercity for I believe the 5th time now. I've been happy each time. Hopefully everything goes well this time also. I've cross-shopped Reliable at least 2 times, but each time I got quotes meaningfully higher than Intercity. Given I've been happy with Intercity, I saw no reason to pay even more to switch. I do think it would be nice if repeat customers like me got a discount, but they've never offered, even when I've asked.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:05 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
I had a great experience with Intercity, will definitely use them again in the future. My driver told me a bunch of great stories about delivering $1MM+ cars to well known TV personalities.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Zenradical is infamous around these parts
I also recommend Intercity Lines. They did a great job moving my TT from Texas to Massachusetts. The driver was awesome, called me when he was loading it and then all along the route keeping me updated on his progress and ETA. I would definitely use them again. There is a thread on hear where they will give you a quote for your move. See link below.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mbers-137.html

Old 10-16-2015, 08:05 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I've shipped cars dozens of times. Find Intercity, Thomas Sunday and Passport on top of my list. But its all about the driver too. Some are more fastidious then others.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:43 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Confirm enclosed is an actual metal enclosed trailer ,i shipped my TT when i got it & thought i was paying for enclosed transport ,when it got here it was one of these trucks with soft sides the roll up & down & the car was filthy.Also try getting a delivery date thats the tough part, they'll promise you day but then it will be 2 weeks late .

Last edited by twturbo; 10-17-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:41 AM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
Also make sure the truck has a lift and not just ramps, many of them just subcontract out the deliveries.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:49 AM
stever is a jewel in the roughstever is a jewel in the roughstever is a jewel in the rough
I would only use Intercity. They were amazing. Bellevue WA to Washington DC. Perfect.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:57 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
If you can, get a carrier with an impeccable record. Lots of recommendations here for Intercity. Unfortunately they could not handle my needs last year, and I had to shop around. I found that the auto transportation industry has a lot of rather unsavory (sleazy?) brokers and carriers who will promise much , but can deliver very little. Approach these jerks with care.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
brokers have little to no control over the carrier. you have a car to ship from point a to pint b. they search their database looking for a carrier (owner of the rig) that will accept the car and set up the pickup. unless the carrier and the broker are the same company you will have virtually no way to know who picks up the car. you deal with the broker they deal with the carrier. you specify what you want, open carrier closed carrier delivery times and place. the broker finds the carrier and they then coordinate with you.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:38 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
I had a perfect experience with Passport.