997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AWE Exhaust-is it too loud?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 PM
il nino is infamous around these partsil nino is infamous around these parts
AWE Exhaust-is it too loud?

Thinking of getting the GIAC and AWE exhaust for my DD. Does anyone have any comments on reliability of the system and loudness of the exhaust. I need to use the phone for work so a loud exhaust would be annoying.
How much improvement 'seat of the pants' is there with this upgrade?

Old 08-15-2008, 08:15 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
consider AWE is one of the quietest system for the upgrade out there. it's louder than stock but on the quiet side of all aftermarket options. Seems like it's what u're looking for.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
mikek84121 is infamous around these parts
I have an AWE LOUD system. Yes, they have an un-advertised LOUD. Call Mike Romano at AWE. The system is quite quiet inside with the windows up, it screams under full throttle or blipping it under a bank drive-thru canopy. And absolutely no drone.

Mike

Old 08-15-2008, 09:33 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by il nino
Thinking of getting the GIAC and AWE exhaust for my DD. Does anyone have any comments on reliability of the system and loudness of the exhaust. I need to use the phone for work so a loud exhaust would be annoying.

You will be wondering how you could have waited so long to get it done. The transformation is unreal. No downsides at all

Old 08-16-2008, 08:25 AM
otis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to behold
I am not so sure I agree. I have the Milltek exhaust and it is the quietest exhaust out and I am surprised how loud it is inside the car compared to stock. There is a drone from 60-70mph which is not bad, but there. I would not be happy if it was any louder. From the outside it sounds perfect. I do have the VTG headers which also make it louder. I would definately try to ride in a car with the exhaust you want before purchasing it. Guys on here have a very specific opinion which might not be the same as yours reguarding how loud they like their cars.

I am very happy with my setup, but it was a blind leap of faith since no one around me has a car setup like mine. Any louder I would not be happy.

Good luck.

Otis

Old 08-16-2008, 10:42 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
somebody do a gt3 exhaust conversion! (-:

Old 08-16-2008, 02:12 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
I have a full AWE exhaust & the GIAC reflash, along with an EVO airbox. Definitely louder than stock, but not objectionable. As long as you stay under 4500 rpm and avoid heavy throttle openings, it should be ok. With hard operation, it is loud, as is the stock system.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:11 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I did the AWE exhaust when I purchased my car and added the GIAC a few weeks ago. I feel like I have a new car. The added power is fantastic. Nobody (well almost nobody) orders a Turbo without the Sport Chrono option at 1800.00. If the GIAC flash was a Porsche option, everybody would order it also so why not go for it (warranty issues aside.) The exhaust adds just enough. Won't wake the dead but you'll definitely know it's there.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:56 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
I highly recommend both, reliability is without question and the improved exhaust note is absolutely perfect. Here is my car at AWE, it's just as good now as when I first had it installed.

http://awe-tuning.com/media/multimed...97GT3_test.wmv

Old 08-17-2008, 08:39 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
The easiest thing for you to do is take a short drive to AWE (as well as Fabspeed) and listen to their cars. That's what I did and chose Fabspeed - it was a bit louder than AWE and suited my tastes. The AWE sounds great as well.

Even though I chose Fabspeed Mike from AWE has always answered any other questions I have had and there were no hard feelings. In fact, I was there on Friday and had them install PSS10s on my car. I'll admit it was hard to leave there without letting them flash my car It'll be even harder when I have to in PA tomorrow as well as Wed. driving by their exit and not stopping by for a flash!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:32 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Chris, how do you like the damptronics?
Do yourself a favor and do the flash.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
il nino,

We are located just off the PA Turnpike which is Exit 6 off the NJ Turnpike. Once on the PA TPK, you are only about 15 minutes from us. (Exit 343)

I encourage you to stop by for a ride in our house car.

I'm here M-F from 9-6 and Saturday by appointment only. Email me if you need further info.

mike@awe-tuning.com

Click here for directions.
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/info/map.cfm

Old 08-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Even though I chose Fabspeed Mike from AWE has always answered any other questions I have had and there were no hard feelings. In fact, I was there on Friday and had them install PSS10s on my car.
It was great seeing you. Thanks again for your business. So how is she?

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 08-18-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Chris, how do you like the damptronics?
Do yourself a favor and do the flash.
I like them a lot - although a bit surprised that the ride is much rougher than when I had just the springs (especailly at slow speeds). Seems a bit more "sorted" though.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:29 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
I would highly recommend the AWE system. It has a very nice rumble at idle, way better than stock and certainly not too loud.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AWE Exhaust-is it too loud?