997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Collective Wisdom on Clear Bras?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:37 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Clean

STONER Has a website , free shipping on a case..

They also make Invisible glass also in pump bottles

I use Drywashnguard foe small detail cleaning, ebay on this...

Zymol wax for everything else for long term care....

Gee-Bee

Zymol, invisible glass, xeint cleaner is also available at Kragen Auto parts

Old 08-24-2008, 05:28 PM
shnapps is infamous around these parts
Many thanks for all the great info, everyone. Has anyone ever tried to take a clear bra off? Does it damage the paint? Real pain in the keister?

Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM
car enthusiast is infamous around these parts
VentureShiled,Clearshield,Xpel,Avery, all will come off with no residue if peeled off slowly. Its pretty simple just peel up a edge and start pulling. 3M on the other hand can be a pain. Sometimes it peels off nicely and sometimes it leaves a bunch of glue residue.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
are you guys replacing your clear bras periodically because of staining, scratching, or yellowing?

Old 08-25-2008, 03:21 PM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
After several clear bra's had to be pulled off for yellowing, edge-peel and the like, I swear on VentureShield, and since I've mandated the installer mix solution in front of me with distilled water, I haven't seen any yellowing at all in over 2 years on the white Infinity. I had it on my black C-4 Cab, for a while without yellowing for less than 2 years, but replaced it when a shopping cart marred the bra and we couldn't buff the marring out. On the Merc, it took a gravel hit and punctured the film (but not the paint) and in a few months I could see the bra was releasing in that area and water was getting in and only replaced that panel though. A lot less costly than a repaint or complete bra replacement.
Other than that, I hope those reasons, I don't see any reason to have the bra's changed out. I hope it lasts till I sell it.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Don't do it. They scratch when polished and dull in the sun.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
skyytek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robertp
Don't do it. They scratch when polished and dull in the sun.
I am with you on this. All the clear bra's I have seen have either gone dull or you can easily see the joins - to the point of the join itself looking like a scratch.

What was ironic - on two cars I have seen recently - the scratches (from road debris I presume) were actually above the clear bra line on the front.

I personally do not think its worth the time or effort unless you live on a building site.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
if you don't want the lines then get the whole fender, bumper and hood covered.
I did that with mine and you can't tell there's 3m on there. Mine hasn't yellowed either. The newest generation of 3m isn't supposed to yellow.. it's thinner than the old stuff also.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:23 AM
TT23 is infamous around these parts
clear bra all the way no questions a must have!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 AM
carlover08 is infamous around these parts
I would do a 3m on the car. Just make sure you find a good installer.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:01 AM
motorcop71 is infamous around these parts
My one experience was horrible!!!!

I had the Boston area venture shield installer put it on my brand new Caddy Escalade Platinum edition. They ruined the hood and front bumper of my brand new black vehicle.

The guy's name is Dave Diminico and he works out of Rockland Ma. I called him and his company applied the venture shield. Within 2 hours the covering was bubbling and peeling. I immediately texted Dave pics of the problem. Dave did not stand behind his work or his product and had the gall to accuse me of causing the problem. I asked him to explain the reasoning for me to ruin a $500.00 job I just had done on an $80K vehicle. Of course he couldn't think of a logical reason, but still denied doing anything wrong.

I told him that since he was not willing to stand behind his product or it's installation, I wanted the venture shield removed and he came to do that 2 days later.
When Dave finally looked at the job, he finally admitted that there were some "installation issues". When he removed the venture shield it exposed all the deep razor cuts that were put into the paint of my brand new black car during the installation his company did.

Prior to the installation Dave had touted venture shield as being better than all the other competitor's products because the pieces were pre-cut and didn't need to be cut on the car. They probably figured I would never have the shield removed, and therefore would never see the damage they caused.

After removing the venture shield, Dave jumped in his car and took off as fast as he could. I called him on his cell phone several times as he was driving away, and he wouldn't answer. I even text messaged him once. I pleaded with him to come back and inspect the damage on my vehicle. Dave did not return and did not return any of my messages. Instead he had his father Tom call me an hour later to stick up for him. Tom Diminico told me to sue them because "at the most, they were looking at a small-claims court case".

I contacted the better business bureau, the state's Attorney General's office, and an attorney. I am going to sue them in court to hold them responsible for ruining my brand new vehicle.

I can't stress enough how terrible my experience with dealing with venture shield and Dave and Tom Diminico has been. In my opinion, one would be very wise to stay clear of the Diminico's, their company, their products, and their "services". If anyone would like to see photos of the damage the Diminico's company did to my new car, PM me and I will send them to you via email.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Old 08-30-2008, 10:22 AM
car enthusiast is infamous around these parts
Boy that really sucks. I hope they are found liable and have to pay for the damages.
<O</O
I can’t stress enough how important it is to find a good installer. The reason this happened to your car is because the installer either did not use any pre- cut pattern at all, and just bulked the kit. Or the pattern that they were using was crap and in return meant they had to trim on the car to make up for the crappy pattern. Always go with a installer that has a actual plotter and has a credited cutting software program like Enpro, Xpel, or Proform. These are premium clear bra cutting software, and their patterns are the best out there, which means that they will most likely fit the best and require little to know trimming on the vehicle.
Also the reason the Ventureshield probably bubbled up on you was because they did not remove all the water from underneath the bra and when the car was out in the hot sun, it boiled the water underneath the clear bra.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
kiko1 is infamous around these parts
100% go clear bra !!!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 PM
motorcop71 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by car enthusiast
Boy that really sucks. I hope they are found liable and have to pay for the damages.
<O</O
I can’t stress enough how important it is to find a good installer. The reason this happened to your car is because the installer either did not use any pre- cut pattern at all, and just bulked the kit. Or the pattern that they were using was crap and in return meant they had to trim on the car to make up for the crappy pattern. Always go with a installer that has a actual plotter and has a credited cutting software program like Enpro, Xpel, or Proform. These are premium clear bra cutting software, and their patterns are the best out there, which means that they will most likely fit the best and require little to know trimming on the vehicle.
Also the reason the Ventureshield probably bubbled up on you was because they did not remove all the water from underneath the bra and when the car was out in the hot sun, it boiled the water underneath the clear bra.
I really loved the idea of the clear bra, but after this horrible experience, I personally probably wouldn't do it again. The joy of having a new, high-end car (not to mention resale value) has been substantially diminished for me because of a couple of hacks.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:34 PM
1SIKCAB is infamous around these parts
looks best on c-cups

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Collective Wisdom on Clear Bras?????