997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Collective Wisdom on Clear Bras?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 1SIKCAB
looks best on c-cups
Actually it's more revealing on D cups!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
RandomName is infamous around these parts
I've seen several on black cars and you can tell the clearbra cuts like 50% of the glossy look off the car. the best color to have clear bra on is probably metallic gray color, you can barely tell it is there.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 PM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Clear Bra On Black C4s

Originally Posted by RandomName
I've seen several on black cars and you can tell the clearbra cuts like 50% of the glossy look off the car. the best color to have clear bra on is probably metallic gray color, you can barely tell it is there.
As always said here, it's all about the installer.

My friend has a Clear Bra on Artic Silver, yes you can barely see it.

Here is my Black C4S with a Clear Bra, full front and 3/4 hood. I would NEVER own a Pcar without it. 3 feet away, if your looking for it yes, you can see it. 8 feet away, you really can't tell..JMHO

Attached Images  

Last edited by NYCPCAR; 09-23-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 PM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
I have been installing clear bra kits for a long time now and really a good film on any color will not be noticable. Its all about the quality of the film and the quality of the installation. Yes you may see the hood/fender line (if you dont opt to have the panel wrapped) but its much better than having a vinyl bra on it that you can see half a mile away. And as far as gloss, I have found an acrylic sealant they use on aircraft windshields and it puts an amazing shine on it. It also seals the film up well so it wont absorb bug stains as easily. Put it this way, the film is even glossier than the paint... which I Zaino often.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NYCPCAR
As always said here, it's all about the installer.

My friend has a Clear Bra on Artic Silver, yes you can barely see it.

Here is my Black C4S with a Clear Bra, full front and 3/4 hood. I would NEVER own a Pcar without it. 3 feet away, if your looking for it yes, you can see it. 8 feet away, you really can't tell..JMHO
Clean car, that looks very nice and glossy. What brand did you go with, and how long have you had it?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 AM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
understanding the 3M CLEAR FILM CONCEPT

We've struggled with our impression of this "phenomenon". As several of our 6-speeders know, 50 percent of FM is disposed to heavy collision restoration. Through our vision and many years experience on "stone shield" installation, it has more positives than negatives. It is costly, initially. Many of my clients go to the track, NO BRAINER THERE. however, I see more positives in collision repair, as some panels are rubbed, abrased and visually damaged, yet upon removal of the clear material, the panel is saved from any refininshing necessity! Yesterday I saved a hood on a track collision based on the film application and it's protective qualities. a MUST is the installer experience to get a nice finish and fit detail. that'sit-Mark

Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 PM
noah677 is infamous around these parts
I am sorry about motorcops experience. But there is one thing I have learned. When you buy your new car HAVE THE DEALER do it. Even if the dealer farms it out. Then you have quite a bit more leverage if things go wrong. Generally the dealer will stand with you---they don't want a bad experience. Also I hope motorcop has taken LOTS of pictures and gotten estimates to put it all right. Go to small claims court-even though it is a pain in the ***. When you go, bring all the pictures, estimates etc. Your are sure to win
If I were closer to motorcop I would be willing to help with the leg work because that is how pissed I am--this guy should not get away with this.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
I have an Atlas Gery 997TT and have 3M all the way back to include the doors being covered, plus some inside the lip of the wheel wells. And, I added the plastic coating for the front window. This looks good and you can hardly tell it's on unless you get up really close and are looking for something. My driver's door, hood, and window have been hit by rocks and bumped by doors and they clean up really well. I expect to have to replace the 3M every few years or so but in the mean time my car looks great and it's a lot cheaper than painting (and trying to match it). You do have to take care of the 3M just as you would your paint or marks, scratches and discoloration can occur. I agree with a previous post, a very detailer is very important for install and maintenance. I meet lots of people whose BIGGEST regret is that they didn't do and their low mileage Porsche is full of dings and marks.
A MUST for your Porsche!
K.