997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How many of you know about this with the GTR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Streamlined is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Forgedwheeler
The Nissan seems like a lot of car for the money. We can't all afford F430s and GT3s. It also sounds like a fun car to drive for those with modest skills.
This is a big, free-market economy. If the GT-R turns into a real PITA to own, or a maintenance hog, the market will respond accordingly. Nissan will then have to rethink their "attitude".
Market competition is a truly wonderful thing.
Market competition is a wonderful thing and real world info and opinions based on actual ownership will emerge over time vs speculation.

As for the 'modest skills' comment, there are plenty of experienced drivers who have loved the car and been quite engaged by it, it really is a very enjoyable driver's car and presents its own challenges and learned skills to get the most out of it.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Streamlined
Market competition is a wonderful thing and real world info and opinions based on actual ownership will emerge over time vs speculation.

As for the 'modest skills' comment, there are plenty of experienced drivers who have loved the car and been quite engaged by it, it really is a very enjoyable driver's car and presents its own challenges and learned skills to get the most out of it.
Well said. As for the "modest skills" comment, I was only speaking for myself.
The Nissan seems like a car I would really enjoy, and an excellent value.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
recently someone on Corner Carvers tested the stock GTR Bridgestone RE070's with a durometer and found them to be equivalent to a Nitto NT-01 (r compound)

Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Real owner chimes in

Not sure if you guys noticed this thread I posted:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-my-turbo.html

I am a real-life owner of 997TT and GT-R and just got back from tracking the GT-R for first time. I will do the post-track inspection in a few days, but expect to only pay for the inspection/adjustments (couple hours of labor) and for an optional (my choice) oil/filer change for ~$200.

As for the debate of "was it me or was it the car?" Who cares? Many folks think AWD and PSM are buzz-kills and pine for the good old days of the 930, etc. To each his own, I say.

For me, I find the car to be a blast to drive and very confidence inspiring. However, take a bad line, over-cook a corner, lift in a high speed turn, etc., and you still eat dust (or a wall)--- just like any other car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.