997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVOMSit Flashing Officially Released for 997TT

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Lightbulb EVOMSit Flashing Officially Released for 997TT

Hey folks, I just wanted to let you know that Evolution Motorsports' own in-house tuning (EVOMSit) is now officially released. We've been installing the EVOMSit on EVT700 kits for some time now as well as on Stage 1-4 cars so whichever set up you have, whether it be for 91, 93, 6speed, Tip etc... you'll be covered. There have been a good deal of positive reviews and info in Excellence, Modified Luxury & Exotics as well as Total 911 and obviously I've also been running it (and hard) on our Turbo, Cayman and GT3RS. Feel free to drop either (myself) alex@sharkwerks.com, (Greg) sales@roadsportsupply.comm, or alex@maxrpm.com or mike@evoms.com an Email for any questions or your local EVO dealer where the software is available for $2500 by itself or $3000 for any of the higher HP versions (for exhausts, etc...). The process is pretty easy and we would need you to send your ECUs into us and can ship them back the same day we recieve them (we can walk you through the process as it's quite simple). Please specify your requirements in terms of modifications and/or Octane level...

For more info please see our Stage 1 Kit (which comes with the Boost
Recirculation Valves)
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=18

EVT S1 550 Includes:
-EVOMSit ECU Tuning
-EVOMS Boost Recirculation Valves (Pair)

HP Gain 91 Octane: 75 crank
TQ Gain 91 Octane: 70 crank

HP Gain 93 Octane: 90 crank
TQ Gain 93 Octane: 90 crank

You can also get a specific (or spare ECU) tune for 100.

HP Gain 100+ Octane: 100 crank
TQ Gain 100+ Octane: 100 crank

<b>Note: With an exhaust and high flow cats of your choice</b>

A few quick swipes from the PR:

Screen Capture From the ECU Manipulation Software Program of a Modified 3-D Ignition Map

IST (Intelligent Switching Technology™):
Intelligent Switching Technology,™ (IST) is an OEM feature that is built into the factory ECU and allows for automatic switching of ignition timing maps based upon input received from other engine sensors. Available for certain EVOMSit performance programs, the EVOMSit IST programming incorporates this intelligence for true and safe flexible power without compromise. The EVOMSit ECU tuning utilizes the multiple OEM ignition tables in progressive stages, which can optimize safe performance based upon outside conditions and different octane fuels. The ECU automatically switches to the best-suited ignition map creating an automatic “race mode” if race fuel is utilized. This IST function is always active and will switch automatically without having to physically change anything. IST is far more intelligent than any manual switcher found in the market. The use of manual switchers can cause serious engine damage if accidentally switched to a “race mode” without having race fuel in the car. This manual type of switching technology physically locks the timing map and can over ride the ECU’s ability to protect itself if unfavorable conditions exist. This manual switching is archaic considering that OEM ECU has the ability to analyze conditions and switch timing maps automatically. EVOMSit with IST is the intelligent way to utilize ECU timing map switching.

SP (Sport Pedal™):
All E-Gas (drive by wire) cars from model year 2000 and newer have an electronic throttle valve, which is controlled by the car’s ECU. Available for certain EVOMSit performance programs, EVOMSit Sport Pedal™ (SP) feature changes the ratio of accelerator pedal movement verses opening of the throttle valve, increasing throttle response. By modifying these maps in the ECU calibration, throttle response is drastically improved and the “throttle delay,” a common complaint among enthusiasts, is eliminated. Certain cars contain an OEM “sport mode” which incorporates this same Sport Pedal™ feature. For these cars, we incorporate the OEM “sport mode” pedal calibration for the regular mode and further increase the responsiveness of the “sport mode” with our improved calibration.

EVT610 Kit AWHP on a Mustang Dyno

For those of you more used to seeing the European "crank" style chart this is a general representation of the same car.

Last edited by sharkster; 08-29-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:57 PM
SoCalCFP is infamous around these parts
any dynos for the various stages?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SoCalCFP
any dynos for the various stages?
Absolutely, I'll get stages 1-4 once I get back in tomorrow morning for you guys

Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Looking good Sharky!!

Out of all the various software i have used, Evomsit is by far superior in my 996t 700 setup. I have posted a graph in a previous thread showing the difference, but i don't think it'll be a good idea posting it here. I don't want to start any drama in this positive thread.

If you would like to see my personal dyno sheets, pm me.

Keep up the good work guys!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Looks great!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
If Evolution is doing in house tuning now, any word on creating something like 2 step launch control, or a rev-limiter at 3 or 4K RPM for first gear?

Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Am I missing something or is a ECU tune alone (with valves) yeilding +90hp on 93?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Awesome news Alex! I've only heard really good things about this flash.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
If Evolution is doing in house tuning now, any word on creating something like 2 step launch control, or a rev-limiter at 3 or 4K RPM for first gear?
That'd be interesting to do/try and I'll make the suggestion to Todd for sure

Old 08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Looking good Sharky!!

Out of all the various software i have used, Evomsit is by far superior in my 996t 700 setup. I have posted a graph in a previous thread showing the difference, but i don't think it'll be a good idea posting it here. I don't want to start any drama in this positive thread.

If you would like to see my personal dyno sheets, pm me.

Keep up the good work guys!
Glad it's working out for you well for you! It's been really neat see what EVO's done with our RS, our GT800 and now even the Cayman... More to come in the next few days

Old 08-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by raiyu
Am I missing something or is a ECU tune alone (with valves) yeilding +90hp on 93?
Hey Raiyu, sorry if I wasn't clear but that is _with_ 93 and _with an exhaust.

Software alone (with the stock exhaust) is obviously going to give you less gains: 60hp/50tq on 91 and with the IST and 93 70/65. I'll get some more specific data together later tonight from the EVO fellas which will explain it better

Old 08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Awesome news Alex! I've only heard really good things about this flash.
It really is and as we talked about a long time ago, I think it only strengthens/tightens the hardware together now having it fully focused just on their kits

PS Did I catch you on youtube again last week

Old 08-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Looks great!
Software really is such a nice party trick on these cars. I only wish we could all run on 93 tho. You East Coaster's I tell ya....

Old 08-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Max Energy is infamous around these parts
Sharky,
The dyno sheets and referenced horsepower on the Evom's website appear to be the same as when EVOM utilized the GIAC software. In fact it still has the dyno testing performed by Steve Kasper of Imagine Auto. Could you please furnish updated dyno runs, HP and ET's with the New Evoms Software for the different stage options
Thank you,
Max

Old 08-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Max Energy
Sharky,
The dyno sheets and referenced horsepower on the Evom's website appear to be the same as when EVOM utilized the GIAC software. In fact it still has the dyno testing performed by Steve Kasper of Imagine Auto. Could you please furnish updated dyno runs, HP and ET's with the New Evoms Software for the different stage options
Thank you,
Max
Hi Max, I know they're updating the site but the ones I've looked over just now on their site like this one (for the EVT700) show the EVOMSit software?

Or on this page:
http://www.evoms.com/evo/Pages/EVT700INFO.asp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit Flashing Officially Released for 997TT