997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Service issues with Wheels Boutique

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Service issues with Wheels Boutique

i recently purchased 2 sets of HRE wheels from Ben at Wheels Boutique. He actually hooked me up with a great price. However, one of my wheels came in with a small nick in it. I reported it to him as soon as i received the wheels. He promised that HRE was working on sending out a replacement wheel. This was about 2 months ago???? Also, the TPMS were supposed to be included in the wheels, but those were never received. I have left numerous messages with him and one of his colleagues, but i keep getting the run around. They promised they would credit my Amex back for the TPMS within 24 hour and email me confirmation. That was never done. Furthermore, we checked directly with HRE on the mysterious replacement wheel, and HRE claimed that they have no idea and have never heard from Ben regarding a replacement wheel. Am i getting hosed here?? I have been very patient for over 2 months now. Has anybody else had any issues with getting problems resolved with them. Is this something i can handle directly with HRE?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:36 AM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
HRE has great customer service. Call and get this issue resolved. I'm sure you could send the damaged wheel back to them and they will shipp you a new wheel. Next time deal with Peter Lee at Wheelexperts.com and you will get great customer service.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:18 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 672pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="896"><tbody><tr><td colspan="14" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 672pt;" height="17" width="896">I also had a small but "principled" incident with Wheels Boutique. I purchased my Dymags from them for 9000.00 DELIVERED to me. They were dropped shipped by Fed EX and I received a 29.00 additional freight bill from them (Fed Ex). As it was in my name I paid it and called Ben. Per his request, I faxed all the information to Wheels Boutique for reimbursement. They said they would take care of it. When I didn't here anything for a few weeks, I contacted them again. It's now been months and still no reimbursement. After I had a wheel "curbed" and ordered a replacement from Wheel Enhancement (the importer), Ben pm'd me to say I should have ordered it from him (would have given me a great price) and he didn't realize the 29.00 was such an issue. Not a lot of money but after spending 9000.00 I just figured they would send me a check and not make an issue of it. He said it was a dropship - Fed Ex - importer issue. I didn't deal with Fed Ex, or the importer - he did. Probably petty of me but still............. </td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 08-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 672pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=896 border=0 x:str=""><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 672pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=896 colSpan=14 height=17>I also had a small but "principled" incident with Wheels Boutique. I purchased my Dymags from them for 9000.00 DELIVERED to me. They were dropped shipped by Fed EX and I received a 29.00 additional freight bill from them (Fed Ex). As it was in my name I paid it and called Ben. Per his request, I faxed all the information to Wheels Boutique for reimbursement. They said they would take care of it. When I didn't here anything for a few weeks, I contacted them again. It's now been months and still no reimbursement. After I had a wheel "curbed" and ordered a replacement from Wheel Enhancement (the importer), Ben pm'd me to say I should have ordered it from him (would have given me a great price) and he didn't realize the 29.00 was such an issue. Not a lot of money but after spending 9000.00 I just figured they would send me a check and not make an issue of it. He said it was a dropship - Fed Ex - importer issue. I didn't deal with Fed Ex, or the importer - he did. Probably petty of me but still............. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
at this point, it is a matter of principle. i have spent over $10K in 2 sets of wheels and a set of tires. i just want my car to look right and it is very frustrating to wait over two months and then hear from an HRE rep that they have not even been contacted. i would rather them tell me to take it up with HRE and give me their customer service number. but everytime i call, they keep apologizing and assure me that they will take care of it. great customer service and follow up will go a long way in this business. it seems like more and more companies are just too eager for the initial sale and once they get your money, your issues get pushed back to the bottom of the priority list when it should be just the opposite. To wheels boutique's credit, i have had a follow up pm and have been assured they this time they will definitely take care of this.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by M3 S3-R
HRE has great customer service. Call and get this issue resolved. I'm sure you could send the damaged wheel back to them and they will shipp you a new wheel. Next time deal with Peter Lee at Wheelexperts.com and you will get great customer service.
Will HRE customer service work directly with the end customer in these types of cases?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:24 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Just call AMEX they will take care of it. I'm sure you'll get a quick response from Wheels Boutique after they hear from AMEX.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:29 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dk996tt
Will HRE customer service work directly with the end customer in these types of cases?
HRE will do what ever it takes to make the customer happy. They want you to continue buying HRE product, so if the dealer isn't taking care of you, they will. Dealers like Wheelexperts.com has a great realation ship with HRE and Peter Lee takes customer service to another level. Nexted time call Peter when you need wheels. When you call HRE ask for Chad he will get you going in the right direction. Good luck.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:35 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dk996tt
Ive had wheel damage before, and if its caused by the shipping company, the wheel is returned to the sender, they work with the shipper on the claim, and they (WB) are paid for the wheel. They would need to re-order the wheel for you because they are being paid by the shipper for the damaged item.

HRE probably wont work with you since you cant buy direct from them, only through a retailer. Whether WB or the shipping company damaged the wheel, WB needs to take care of it.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
Was there ever a resolution to this? Considering Wheels Boutique is a site sponsor, I would certainly hope so...

Old 09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor
KevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to behold
We have been in contact with the OP and are resolving the issue as quickly as possible.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
That is very good to hear.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:04 PM
PIXC55 is infamous around these parts
This hardly ever happens with will WB they're customer service is great , i have purchased at least 10 sets of Hre's from them. This is a simple misundertanding that will get resolved. Wb is not going to upset people over $29.00. Hey big company and many clients things happened and get resolved and everybody gets on with their lives.

Last edited by PIXC55; 09-02-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
PIX - I would not say never happens..

I will leave comments to myself on this one. I hope they both get it resolved..

Old 09-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PIXC55
This hardly ever happens with will WB they're customer service is great , i have purchased at least 10 sets of Hre's from them. This is a simple misundertanding that will get resolved. Wb is not going to upset people over $29.00. Hey big company and many clients things happened and get resolved and everybody gets on with their lives.
it is over a damaged wheel and 4 tpms, not $29. but even if it was $29, it is the principle that matters. sometimes when a company grows too fast, the customer service side of things tend to fall behind. hopefully they get this corrected and follow up with great customer service. i will keep everyone posted on when i finally get my new wheel.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
This is surprising. I know Wheels Botique and know Ben personally very well.
This is not an issue of a business growing to fast. Wheels Botique has no need to try and screw customers on a few bucks. This has to be some type of unsual misunderstanding.
I will contact Ben and find out what is up. I can not see Wheels Botique trying to *** over a good customer.

Ranger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Service issues with Wheels Boutique