997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

turbo forgivness?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:49 PM
craiglieberman is infamous around these parts
To make matters worse....

Originally Posted by Rams86
Jeeezuz....that video was brutal! amazing effect though!
I see Noah chimed in from Gotham Dream Cars, so you already know this isn't BS. I WILL tell you that I was in town to film an episode of Bikini Driving School and that car was slated to appear. Thanks to Gran Turismo boy, the car was FUBAR'd....and I have the video of the car going on the tow truck. Unbelievable carnage, I hope the kid's insurance premiums go up by a factor of 1000.

So in short, not only did he destroy one of the best cars ever built, he effed up the opportunity to put a half naked **** star behind the wheel.

If you were MY kid, you wouldn't drive until you were 21, moved away, off my insurance and out of my state. Let's just say that Gotham knows what's going on with their cars every second of every day...and the kid painted a rosier picture than the reality. Speed, plus downshift mid turn = chaos.

Stick to your Dodge Neon and stay away from cars of inherent value...you have no business even being around them and thanks for effing up the opportunity for us to see *******-a-bouncing in the world's greatest sports car. Noob.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:56 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TommyGargulo
heres 2 quarters.. talk to me when you have a gt2
...called out, and no pics?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:22 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Bobby - you don't have a GT2 so when you do he will show you his : ) Thats the impression I am getting. In fact I don't think you own a 997TT because those pics are not yours are they? We are all posers..

Old 09-03-2008, 07:34 PM
MJS NYC is infamous around these parts
interestingly enough, i heard the classic car club's GT3 took on some damage recently as well. Maybe not the best car to be putting in anyones hands...

Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Bobby - you don't have a GT2 so when you do he will show you his : ) Thats the impression I am getting. In fact I don't think you own a 997TT because those pics are not yours are they? We are all posers..
Okay...okay...you caught me...here's what I really drive...

Old 09-03-2008, 08:15 PM
flightposite is infamous around these partsflightposite is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tuskir
Why did you even try driving a GT3 if you can barely drive stick? That was completely irresponsible of you and clearly you still haven't learned a lesson because now you're asking if turbo is easier to drive. All cars with a lot of power are potentially dangerous, especially rear-engined 911's and you clearly are not ready to handle a car of this caliber. I don't understand why your father would even let you drive the GT3 knowing you can't even drive stick! Are you sure you didn't take it without permission? Your claim of only going 70mph is probably bull**** too, you were probably going 100mph+ to lose control that bad!
i completely agree with this.. how pathetically irresponsible he is to be driving something he shouldnt, **** even if he rented a damn cheap *** rear wheel drive stick car and he crashed it hes still an idiot for 1. driving something thats not even his 2. not knowing how to drive a manual 3. asking about getting a turbo. I feel very sorry for his parents who are probably taking responsibility for what this moron did. You deserve no mercy!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:19 PM
flightposite is infamous around these partsflightposite is infamous around these parts
what were u thinking driving on the road? trying to flex your nuts? by taking those keys you were endangering other people on the road...

Old 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E55AMG
To the OP and anyone with kids approaching driving age should watch this series of public service announcements. don't know why they don't do stuff like this in this country.

Warning - Most of it is pretty tough to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxjocYbbdsk
Jesus that's rough.......

Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Sty3x is infamous around these parts
Hey ai91, please tell me where I can get enough money to rent such a car. I'm 19 and it only took me about 4 years of hard work and dedication to get a nice 928 S4...I think you need to understand that most people work a long time or most of their life to be able to own such a car and you come in here saying yeah I wrecked one cause I'm a idiot and now I want to wreck a sacred GT1 engined turbo?? Porsches are pricey ,because they should be for people that have worked and earned the right to be able to own and operate exotic machinery. Just my thoughts...

Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 PM
lavey2750 is infamous around these parts
Coming from a 20yr old car get some seat time with a stick in a lesser car. When i was 16 i got my first car a mazda rx8. I thought i was mario andretti! Take the time to practice i got myself in some very scary situations with 240hp and a fairly forgiving chasis. I have driven 996s and there alot of car. Take the time to learn and the rewards will be ten fold.