997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Instructions on removing Porsche hood crest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 04:12 AM
TurboTronic is infamous around these parts
Instructions on removing Porsche hood crest?

I just purchased a silver Porsche crest to replace the gold one on the hood, but can't seem to find any instructions for doing the swap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I replaced the rear turbo emblem with the black satin one from bumperplugs.com. Eric, thanks for the great service! I am enjoying the new look very much.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 AM
father&sons is infamous around these parts
I think its a deep 10mil or 8 mil socket remove the two nuts you will see holes behind crest, be careful when removing so they dont drop they have a soft glue on them then pull crest off easy! putting back on is a little more challenging, the rubber gasket is hard to fit around crest try useing old one put back on and dont tighten nuts too much good luck!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
easy swap, I installed the silver crest a while back.

They attach via a push on, non locking device, simply losen with socket and then use some needle nose or similar and pull and twise at the same time, they come off easily.

Reinstall is a simple push on with socket (required due to the gooey stuff to hold them down that is attached to them).