997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Winter Tire Recommendation Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Winter Tire Recommendation Please

I thought I had better start thinking about ordering a set of winter tires later this month. I have Pzero's from the factory on my TT now. In Seattle we don't get tons of snow like some of you get in the winter (although can get some), but as you know wet and cold most of the winter. What kind of tires do you recommend (19" so I can use the stock rims in the winter). Thank you all!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
My sister lives in Bothell...she tells me if it does snow, it typically doesn't accumulate or stick around for more than a day. If this is true, you could get away with your stock tires...if you don't want to chance it, I was planning on trying Pirelli's Winter 240 Sottozero this winter...I've read a few decent reviews of it.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:23 PM
kiko1 is infamous around these parts
ttt, my cousin just moved up north and was asking me the same question

Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Pirelli Winter 240 Sotozero and Continental Winter Contact TS810 are the two most popular. Both are N-spec and offer great traction. Pirelli seems to be the most popular between them.

I have them in stock, please give me a call to order if interested of if you have questions.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I have the conti winters in 19s, no issues at all last yr. I did have the pirelli 240 wintersports in the past, they seemed slightly better.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to hear from other northwest or similar climate TT owners too - who use their car for a DD. Does everyone put winter tires on? Thanks for the recommendations above.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
docjackson1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gretapass
I would love to hear from other northwest or similar climate TT owners too - who use their car for a DD. Does everyone put winter tires on? Thanks for the recommendations above.
if you are going to use your tt in the snowy or icey climates, which you certainly can do, you absolutely must put winter tires on it. if you drive it in that kind of weather with the performance rubber on it, you are crazy and foolish-being afraid to spend money for winter tires on a 135k car is foolish.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
^^^no, I would never drive my car in snowy or icy conditions. In Seattle we don't get much of that (and I stay home if we do, or get a ride to work). However, we do get cool, rainy weather most of the winter.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
^^^no, I would never drive my car in snowy or icy conditions. In Seattle we don't get much of that (and I stay home if we do, or get a ride to work). However, we do get cool, rainy weather most of the winter.
Greta, my best guess is you can probably stick with your stock PS2s, knowing that they get a little hard on cold days. If you aren't driving on snow, or snow doesn't accumulate, your probably okay.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Greta, my best guess is you can probably stick with your stock PS2s, knowing that they get a little hard on cold days. If you aren't driving on snow, or snow doesn't accumulate, your probably okay.
She's got PZeros not PS2. Anyways, I definitely agree with your sentiment too. I did have to let a stranded 997TT owner park his car in my garage while he got rescued by his Jeep-tootin' girlfiriend once.