997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dynamic Motoring - Hey Shane you can run but you can't hide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Stories like this bother the hell out of me.

I'm baffled that guys like that still manage to sell wheels, but companies like us have a hard time moving them. I don't get it.

I'll be honest, wheels have never been a big seller for us.

For the record, we are an authorized HRE dealer that's been around for over 15 years and we don't do stuff like what you just read.
I think if the forum admins did a better job of screening, our members wouldn't have to go through this. My 2 cents.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
I understand that you're going through the Ike cleanup and that the wheels don't take priority. But with the money you're spending to get your life back in order, do you really need to lose another few grand on the wheels? I would have followed everyone's advise and charged them back immediately. I've learned my lesson the hardway also...but it was only a few hundred bucks fortunately.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OT997
Late last night Shane sent me this update:

"This tracking number is working:

1Z RF1 788 03 3089 848 9

For some reason the other one my brother gave you is not working.

Shane"

I went on UPS and indeed there is a shipment on its way due into Houston on the 19th with a weight of 69 lbs (4 wheels and tires + packaging materials which sounds about right). I'm holding my breath to see what that shipment contains and in what condition. Perhaps the story will end there or perhaps it will unfortunately continue. I'm betting positively as you are by now you are all aware.

I started this thread because I had no other means of communicating with Shane and unsure whether or not I was being scammed. I did so with the intentions listed in my original post which were to see if "1) I can't get Shane to respond and complete the transaction and/or 2), make sure no one else on this board ends up getting screwed as well." It seems like I'm making progress towards 1) (we'll see but getting more hopeful) and have more than certainly accomplished 2).

I have some recommendations relating to the board which I'll post as an epilogue which I think are fairly self evident but will do so when the story is complete.

The wheels are to be shipped to my local tuning shop and I'm not sure what state his shop is in since the Hurricane, and believe me guys the damage to the Houston area is very extensive . I relocated my family yesterday to my apartment in Austin as power phones, internet connectivity, etc. aren't due back on line for a few days at best and a few weeks at worst. And yes I do now have other priorities like the several thousands of dollars in tree damage, fence repairs, pool re start etc. So please be patient on the updates. While the wheels are important to me, I have been given other priorities to consider at this time and am working several fronts.

Thanks

OT
You did the right thing bro. Just as there are praises by customers doing business with good sponsors here, there needs to be negative feedback for sponsors that are not holding up their end of the deal.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:11 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I think if the forum admins did a better job of screening, our members wouldn't have to go through this. My 2 cents.
How could the forum admins have done a better job on screening in this particular case? He was a long time member with lots of posts.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
How could the forum admins have done a better job on screening in this particular case? He was a long time member with lots of posts.
The admins need moderators that are actual members with good standing and an excellent feel of the 6speed community; someone like you perhaps. You have over 14K posts; I'd say you have a good understanding of the "feel" of the board.

When a problem like this errupts, the memebrs can go to the mods, the mods discuss the situation with admins, and decide what is best for the board. If you spend enough time on this board, you get a great feel of who people are based on how they respond to posts.

As you know, I'm heavily involved in the detailing board here and consider it my home. I can tell you, since IB has bought out the owners of 6speed, we've seen a drop in members posting questions to detailers. The whole feel of the detailing board has changed. Hopefully we'll get it back on track. I think right now, the admins are more concerned about $$ than content from sponsors; that's unfortunate.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:59 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
You did the right thing bro. Just as there are praises by customers doing business with good sponsors here, there needs to be negative feedback for sponsors that are not holding up their end of the deal.
Worst part was, he wasn't even a sponsor.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Count me as another member of the peanut gallery who's bewildered as to why you haven't initiated a chargeback, which takes all of 10 minutes. Especially with the hurricane damage, you don't need another headache. I suspect you are a very forgiving "do right" person who wants to let Shane make good on a promise. You used this board to teach him a lesson, and by all accounts, it's working -- at least he's lost his access. You know deep inside that you're continuing to get screwed, but you're enabling Shane's company to do so.

If you are holding out because you "really" want the rims/tires without further wait, that's the wrong reason. First, what makes you think they're not damaged? That they fit right? That they're not defective? Good luck getting them repaired if they are. Second, why reward this guy with $$$ of business? I'm sure our sponsors will hook you up with a fair price and an expedited order. As to timing, well, I'm not even sure Shane will send you rims, but you have other priorities right now that don't involve driving your TT, so in my humble opinion, waiting a few more weeks to get the same exact rims from a reputable and upstanding dealer would be worth it.

Good luck to you.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Bobby G
Count me as another member of the peanut gallery who's bewildered as to why you haven't initiated a chargeback, which takes all of 10 minutes. Especially with the hurricane damage, you don't need another headache. I suspect you are a very forgiving "do right" person who wants to let Shane make good on a promise. You used this board to teach him a lesson, and by all accounts, it's working -- at least he's lost his access. You know deep inside that you're continuing to get screwed, but you're enabling Shane's company to do so.

If you are holding out because you "really" want the rims/tires without further wait, that's the wrong reason. First, what makes you think they're not damaged? That they fit right? That they're not defective? Good luck getting them repaired if they are. Second, why reward this guy with $$$ of business? I'm sure our sponsors will hook you up with a fair price and an expedited order. As to timing, well, I'm not even sure Shane will send you rims, but you have other priorities right now that don't involve driving your TT, so in my humble opinion, waiting a few more weeks to get the same exact rims from a reputable and upstanding dealer would be worth it.

Good luck to you.
+1...get your money back, spend it with a reputable sponsor here on 6speed.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah thats the sad part and even if he was a sponsor he wouldn't be the first sponsor that has had horrible customer service, etc. So even if you are paying to be a sponsor it doesn't remove the chance of a bad transaction. Some times good things happen to bad people and vice versa. It would be so hard to gauge the "GOOD" intentions of board members based on post counts. There have been people I see on other boards that had incredible feedback and then go bad on a large transaction and people try to protect the seller even though they clearly dropped the ball or decieved. It has happened on here and recently in fact.

The OP in my opinion gave this guy too much time and Dynamic(Shane) took advantage of it. I would have charged it back and posted it on here immediately to protect others. As Mike at A.W.E said that he has been an HRE reseller for 15 years but he doesn't sell that many HRE wheels. It has to do with the fact that some people will ***** out a product to give up the customer service and forget the pricing protection that some manufacturers ask that they adhere to in order to be fair to competition. But the ALL mighty dollar put the pricing protection to the side and hurt other resellers who followed the rules. That is why we have PM in pricing on certain items.

Off my soap box now..

Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Bobby G

Good luck to you.
i have to agree, although you are trying to recover from Ike (btw i hope you are recovering well and everything is going smoothly), i think its about time you do the charge back, in fact that should have been done quite some time ago. you mentioned something about having to pay 1grand for each down tree, with the money you get back that could help. it may not be much but take it from a person who lives in miami, any break after a hurricane is a HUGE break.

Last edited by j.a.cadet; 09-17-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
If anyone that's not a sponsor solicits me via PM, I'm not interested. Plain and simple. There's a reason why there is sponsorship. I don't think there is a way to screen out members anyways. It will be hard to do so. I think the sponsors here should have a thorough screening process since they are the ones conducting business with members. To the OP, good luck with the IKE mess and do the right thing with this clown. You are a pretty patient guy!!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I have read this entire thread. I was PM'd by Shane as well over the last 2 weeks to buy his "rare" P47's and be the first to have them on my GT2. I am so glad I tripped on this deal and didn't make the purchase. I got sidetracked with the hurricane hitting a couple of our houses in Galveston, and didn't buy the wheels. Man am I glad I didn't. He even promised me that someone wanted to buy my factory black GT2 wheels. This should be a lesson to me and all of us in the future. To Mr. Shane, who can easily be someone else on this thread, I have bought Champions and my money went elsewhere. Good Luck in Houston.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:28 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
I have read this entire thread. I was PM'd by Shane as well over the last 2 weeks to buy his "rare" P47's and be the first to have them on my GT2. I am so glad I tripped on this deal and didn't make the purchase. I got sidetracked with the hurricane hitting a couple of our houses in Galveston, and didn't buy the wheels. Man am I glad I didn't. He even promised me that someone wanted to buy my factory black GT2 wheels. This should be a lesson to me and all of us in the future. To Mr. Shane, who can easily be someone else on this thread, I have bought Champions and my money went elsewhere. Good Luck in Houston.
Hey...That was me.

Shane offered me a set of black GT2 wheels from someone looking to sell them. It would be funny to see what price he said he was selling them for...PM me.

I told Shane I wasn't sure, that I was going to take a few days to think about it...and emailed him that I was going to go with something else.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
Hey...That was me.

Shane offered me a set of black GT2 wheels from someone looking to sell them. It would be funny to see what price he said he was selling them for...PM me.

I told Shane I wasn't sure, that I was going to take a few days to think about it...and emailed him that I was going to go with something else.

OMG. This thread just saved me about 5 grand. Thanks to all.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
LUISGT3 - You have PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Motoring - Hey Shane you can run but you can't hide