997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dynamic Motoring - Hey Shane you can run but you can't hide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by black430
Sounds like you aren't getting tires
Sounds like he is only getting tires.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:34 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I was contacted by Shane through a PM back in May. Very similar story. Nice car - would you be interested in running some wheels for us to help get our name out there. He wanted me to run the 360 Forged with the bright orange lips. I had to decline - not really my style. I told him I would be interested in getting a hold of some Nitto Invos. This he said he could do.

The tires were ordered on June 6th. I have not paid for anything at this point. Supposed a 2-3 week order time and I would have them. Talked to him a few times in July to check status of order. I had to call him each time. Supposedly the fronts were in but they were having trouble with the rears.

Finally on 8/5 he said he had sourced the rears but I had to pay in advance because it was not a normally stocked item for his supplier. I paid via paypal on 8/6. Again this was contact initiated by me. Up to this point I was never too worried about anything since I had not paid him any money.

On 8/21 he still did not have tires in his possession yet. On 9/3 he finally had tires - again i had to call him to find out. He said he would be able to deliver them over the weekend. He didn't show and didn't call to cancel or give a reason. I called him and he said he had a family emergency come up and was sorry but would try to come the next weekend. Again he never called to say if he was coming or not. I called him the next week to remind him that a C&C in Minneapolis was on Saturday and he said he would come and deliver them at that time. Once again the whole weekend goes by and no tires and no call.

Then I notice this thread and I start to get worried. I tried calling him and since there was no answered I sent him a PM on 9/11. He responded with the family emergency in Chicago and that he would be back Sunday or Monday and bring them at that time.

At this point I went onto Paypal and filed a dispute/claim. They would give him 10 days to correct problem or they would refund my money.

I sent him a PM that I would be in town until Tuesday night and that I wanted delivery of tires even if I had to drive to Eau Claire to pick them up. He agreed to meet me in St Paul on Tuesday night to deliver.

They did show on Tuesday night. I have the tires. They did not stick around very long and did not even mention the 6Speed issues they were having.

Shane sent me an email that evening asking me to clear the claim with paypal. Which I will do today since I am back in town. I told him he needed to make good with the other 6Speed members. He said that his customer would have their wheels by the end of the week.

He also asked me to let people know that he got me tires that now one else was able to get. He did get me the tires but, it took 90 days for him to fulfill his end. I do not see this as doing any special. I am sure that I could have ordered the tires from several other sources and received them in a shorter amount of time with much less drama.

In the end I got what I paid for but the customer service was **** poor. I always had to contact him.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
still a loser....can't polish a turd and you can't teach stupid..

On something so simple he made it a BIG deal and caused it to be aired out here. Glad others are now aware of him and stay away from his poor business practices.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:47 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
paint a turd gold - it is still a turd.

I personally will never do business with him again. I am hoping that he is capable of making good on all of his deals where people have paid him.

I was asked by a moderator to post my story here. I was fortunate enough to have a happy ending.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
And honestly one less person he screwed is nice to know. Sucks that you went through what you did as well as the others. You can't screen them all and you have to place faith in someones hands and hope it comes out for the better. In your case it did in 90 days but at least you have an end result. We haven't heard from the OP about the wheels/tires of 70lbs in one box wasn't it due in Thursday? Or did I miss something?

Old 09-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned
360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute
Did I miss something also? Did the OP get his wheels finally?
Just so you all know, 360 Forged has no affiliation with this guy. He's contacted me as well on several occasions for price quotes, but we've never done any business. I've never had a problem with him though.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:01 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by OT997
Yeah I saw that as well... but he is still hiding from me as he couldn't bring himself to immediately PM or phone me when he read my post. I guess my suspicions were unfortunately right...

BTW great support and PMs from a lot of you out there offering to help (and sell me a new set ), and that makes me feel great about this board. Again a shout out to HRE, WB and to Switzer who have been real pros in trying to help me out.

OT997 Sorry to hear that! Gook luck to you on resolving your problems with Shane.

Three months ago Shane also had PM me stating he is SPI Switzer's distributor and he wants me to sell his products to my friends in Taiwan. Fortuneately, I didn't want to deal with a stranger and I would rather deal with Mik@ AWE or Proto's Todd K who have established their own creditibility and reputation.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:41 PM
OT997 is infamous around these parts
Angry I got my wheels!!!! But wait, there's more :( ....

Yup, those of you tracking the progress knew that delivery was scheduled for Friday. Well my local tuner did receive 4 boxes on Friday. There were 4 U-Haul boxes with one mounted wheel & tire in each with NO PACKING MATERIAL WHATSOEVER (see pics). Needless to say the wheels had several, nicks and gouges as well as a scuffed finish from the loose wheel rubbing against the cardboard. UNF**KING believable.

So I have initiated a charge back with my credit card company. In addition I called and spoke with Shane twice on Friday and also followed up with an email as well (see below). I spoke to him once before I saw the wheels but had heard from my local tuner that I wasn't going to be a happy camper, and then again after seeing the wheels in person and then sending my email. Shane got my email and did see the same pictures as you guys have now. He again verbally agreed to refund my money and said he was dumbfounded that his employees would have just put them in cardboard boxes with ZERO packing materials. I have other words to describe it.

I was patient, too patient for many of you, but now my patience has run out. I told Shane that I'm done. I also expect him to honor his verbal commitment to accept the charge back and reversal. We'll see if he replies to my email, but in any event I have initiated proceedings with my credit card company.

I know a lot of you predicted this outcome, and I was hoping that it wouldn't come to this and that this weekend I'd have 4 cool P40 wheels but this just wasn't meant to be. I guess I'm in the market for a replacement wheel & tire package now, from a reputable vendor.

Attached is the email I'm waiting for Shane to reply to:

Here are the pictures of the wheels (arriving off of UPS truck, unpacking and damage).

There was NO packing materials whatsoever in the boxes. The wheels arrived with various gouges, nicks and scrapes as well as all 4 wheels totally scuffed. This was a complete shipping disaster. As mentioned to you I have have authorized MasterCard to put into dispute and to reverse $X,XXX of the $XXk charge last June 25th which in a conversation with you earlier today you said you understood and agreed to.

So I need you to reply to this email and:

1) re-confirm to me your acceptance of this reversal, and
2) make arrangements with Curt to get your wheels back at your cost.

Please acknowledge this email with your acceptance of both of these items.

I'll keep you all posted as to what happens next. I'm sure many of you have an opinion. Maybe we should run a poll

Anyway...... bummed out to say the least, especially after a week of Ike clean up. OK let the I told you so's begin .........

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Dynamic Motoring 111.pdf (573.8 KB, 270 views)
Dynamic Motoring 222.pdf (696.0 KB, 195 views)
Dynamic Motoring 444.pdf (622.9 KB, 217 views)
Dynamic Motoring 888.pdf (642.9 KB, 248 views)
Dynamic Motoring 666.pdf (745.1 KB, 224 views)
Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Your first pic looked like the wheels were shipped in a grocery bag. The wheels look used!

Old 09-21-2008, 05:59 PM
OT997 is infamous around these parts
I know the history of the wheels since shane bought them new from Wheels Boutique. I checked with WB and HRE a long time ago to verify the authenticity. But you're right they do look used now .

Old 09-21-2008, 06:06 PM
spg993tt is infamous around these parts
glad this saga is hopefully now over. u burned way too much energy on this cheating bafoon. one story after the next. lets just hope you get your money back. at thi spoint, he now has proof he shipped 4 wheels. now its your word vs. his. hopefully you come out on top.
thankfully, he's a a bad thief. a good one would have had you a long time ago.

i hope fyou get your cash back. good luck.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Philly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the rough
WOW! I can't believe this story ends like this. All that time and aggravation! And yes, they do look used! Gotta hand it to you OT997, you are one patient guy. Good luck on your new wheels again!!

Old 09-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Brett1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OT997
I know the history of the wheels since shane bought them new from Wheels Boutique. I checked with WB and HRE a long time ago to verify the authenticity. But you're right they do look used now .
Should have just got them from Ben or Kevin in the first place. My P40's came sparkling and wrapped like newborn babies.....

Old 09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Wow you in Texas, call Peter at Wheelexperts.com I've had great service from them. I've purchased 2 sets of HRE and 1 set of Zone wheels from them. Always have had great service. Good luck.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:32 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Looks like somebody is eating a set of HRE's, I hope it's not you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Motoring - Hey Shane you can run but you can't hide