997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dynamic Motoring - Hey Shane you can run but you can't hide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:47 PM
SSMCL-S6 is infamous around these parts
theres obviously money around this forum. you guys have amazing cars and money to spend...people will try to ake advantage of this. lets just learn and not buy anything from a shady PM no matter how much of a community is felt around here...sick world.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Hey OT,

We're in your area and are the HRE distributor for Texas...i'll do what I can to help you on a new set. Just shoot me a message or PM

peter@wheelexperts.com

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 09-21-2008, 11:42 PM
SaintlySins has a spectacular aura aboutSaintlySins has a spectacular aura about
It would be too easy to have a laugh at your experience/loss, but in actuality ... I feel sorry for you. I hope your chargeback experience is significantly better and you can get on with nice new rims from a reputable dealer.
On the other side, it sure seems this creep is a re-seller - worse yet doesn't ever see what he's selling. I'd love to see where the shipping label says the packages came from. My bet it's no where near where he's from. This is the crap we see in the processing of credit cards all the time. Funny enough it's always these big ticket items and almost never a $5.00 Beenie Baby.
If I can echo what this post has already spelled out ... do not by for price off the Internet for big ticket items.
Let us know what rims you finally upgrade to.
Good luck!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Brian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really nice
Hi Guys,

So I was doing some catch up reading and came across this post. Needless to say it was very disturbing for a few reasons... Not to long ago in Lambo and CT/NY boards I posted some pics of 2 cars we were doing some radar/laser systems in. After that post, a few days later I got a call/email from Shane about buying some LP640 exhausts. So after going back and forth and calling a few of my clients, there as some exhaust interest. I needed to get some more info and found the dynamic motoring website which was not a english based site. I asked Shane about that because my clients like to read up on what they may be buying. I was informed there was no english version which pretty much told me to stay away from this company etc... Having been in this business for 18 years, I have pretty much seen it all so my spidey sense was keyed up that there was something "OFF" with this guy/company. Myself and many of the other legit vendors here have known each other in one way or another for a long time including hanging out late night @ SEMA vegas style... The performance vendors that chimed in on this thread I can personally vouch for as well as many others here and I am sure they would do the same for me.

My point to all this, know who you are buying from... Yes you may pay a few $$'s more from one of us, brick and mortar businesses has it's overhead, but that extra money you are spending is not only buying you a product, but quality customer service. Does your performance facility have after hours? We do because every POG division director has their cell # on their business cards which is connected to our enterprise blackberry server (email) so from our perspective, we are a 24/7 business. Does that make us special, no, does it mean we take care of business, yes, so is this something that is worth a a couple more $$'s to you, I would hope so.

I don't know, this kind of thing happening in an industry where customer service has to be #1 priority hurts all of us legit guys that are working day and night to make you, the client happy in all aspects of the buying process, from the initial phone call, delivery and after the fact support if need be. This is how I do business and I am sure the rest of the quality 6speed vendors will agree with me on this one...

I think I have said enough so I will close with this... POG is a honest HRE Dealer as well as dealers for many other fine aftermarket manufacturers. I have attached some pics and our line card. I am also in the process of enhancing the POG website which should be good to go in the next week or 2.

Regards,

Brian

Last edited by Brian@Performance Outfitters; 09-23-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 PM
ASR Engineering is infamous around these parts
We were aproached by Shane as well asking to represent our company and products. Did some research about him and his company, seemed shady so decided not to do business with him. The phonecall he gave me was a dead giveaway he wasn't for real. I asked him what type of cars they did at his place, and the answer I got included every exotic car manufacturer out there. That was pretty much enough for me to realize the bull. Glad I never chose to do business with him. Sorry to hear this happened to you, hope your credit card company contacts his merchant services about his business practices.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:42 PM
OT997 is infamous around these parts
Update

Over the weekend I did receive an email confirmation from Shane agreeing to the charge back. So now I have all of the elements I need to ensure that I receive the appropriate credit. I will post updates if things get weird or when the matter is closed

In the meantime I did order a set of the exact same wheel/tire combo from Ben @ Wheels Boutique. He had them in stock. I should have some new shoes for the TT by weeks end. Oh yes, and Ben was kind enough to send me some pictures of the wheels (with mounted tires) before and after packaging .

Thanks again to all of the board sponsors, mods and posters for all of your support, advice and valid criticisms. Lesson learned.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Glad you got it worked out.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Brett1 is infamous around these parts
Cant go wrong with Wheels Boutique... Ben and Kevin have always delivered on time, lowest price and never an issue.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:45 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
I found this thread with Google.

Please provide all additional information or related contacts to me directly to kaizu@carfreaks.net or via PM - I appreciate!

He contacted me 12 weeks ago about new K24/18g turbos, I paid him 8 weeks ago through a traditional bank transfer. I have asked for a refund and currently I have no turbos or refund. Haven't heard for weeks anything.

In the beginning, I needed the turbos asap and finally after few weeks he told me that actually the turbos aren't ready from the shop yet. Heh. I thought all the time he has them, as his fast delivery time was the only reason I purchased them from him and not from a tuner shop. Tuners did not have those in stock then.

He told me that the popular 18g turbo conversion was done (or was being done) by a turbo company that does much more 18g conversions than Blouch, but was unable to tell its name. If I had its name I would contact the shop asap. However, no one in the industry knows another 18g conversion turbo shop than Blouch, not even mentioning about a bigger one, so it seems I'm in problems.

He tried to sell various exhausts and intake systems as well.

P.S. Last time I bought Cargraphic wheels from a forum member that were not straight and also in need of polish. Also, I have bought new IC's that were dented etc. During the recent years I have somewhat criticized 6speedonline's excessive focus on sponsors' rights, and not on members' freedom of speech, but this is getting out of hand. The members themselves are nowadays even more actively ripping people off? I've been in various car forums for 10 years with friends around the world due to active motorsport and track driving in multiple countries, and Porsche members...or random guys ripping them off seem to be worst ones...?

Thanks for any info,

Btw. I stay positive and believe Shane will refund me, but it seems I need some additional information and I have to do some actions.

Kai

Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
What username is he using now?

Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
I apologize for bumping this old thread up, but Shane Kent still owes me $3000...and that's from 2 years ago.

Anyone heard of him lately?

Any Wisconsin members here to help me out?

He provided me the following address at that time;

Shane Kent
2403 Tony Ct
Eau Claire, WI 54701

Any additional info is appreciated!!

Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Check this out:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov

Enter his name, and his Eau Claire under "county." You'll find a lot of info about his past.

Multiple DUIs, DOB is listed 09-16-1984. Middle name is Merlin. Multiple addressees listed, but no records since 2010 suggesting he has left the area. In fact, when you search state wide using his DOB, nothing pops up since 2010. I don't think that anyone with that many consecutive court dates drops off the grid unless they've left the state.

Last edited by bbywu; 02-12-2013 at 06:15 PM.