997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Newly acquired 997 Turbo with pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JT3
Nice collection....why did you sell the first turbo so quickly? Lack of mods?
Lack of mods, and I wanted a lime green LP640 that came available at the time.

Aaron

Old 09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
very very nice collection you have there.... proto850kit for 997tt?

Old 09-15-2008, 03:15 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Im flying in to Ohio tomorrow to meet Tym and check out the Switzer Sledgehammer.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
997ttt is infamous around these parts
Absolutely CRAZY!!!
Ok, so what else is there to own?
A jet, a yacht? (so you probably already have one of each)
You probably own most of Tennessee.

Lucky, lucky guy...
But, are you really happy?
(ok, so you probably are really happy)

IMPRESSIVE!!!
I love all your cars!
I can't imagine what the insurance alone would cost on all these cars.
All I can say, is enjoy them all!!!

I am curious to know your honest thoughts comparing the 997 turbo with the lambo and the F430. I drive my 997 Turbo daily but I have never even ridden in a lambo or an F430.

Damn nice cars and nice home!

Good luck with the mods.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks,

I do enjoy my cars, they are my hobby and passion, thats why I spend a lot of money on them. 997 Turbo is much more of a daily driver than the F430 or the Gallardo. They sound amazing but the attention they get around here is borderline annoying. There is also a lot more room inside of the tubo. The turbo gets some attention, but u can blend in a lot better. I am looking to trade my F430 for a Bentley CGT Speed.

Aaron

Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 AM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Aaron,
Keep me informed on how you come out on the mods. I live in Brentwood as well and have an '08 turbo which I have done an exhaust but am thinking on going further. By the way nice rides. I also have an 09 ml63. Have you done anything to your ml?
T.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by tblountman
Aaron,
Keep me informed on how you come out on the mods. I live in Brentwood as well and have an '08 turbo which I have done an exhaust but am thinking on going further. By the way nice rides. I also have an 09 ml63. Have you done anything to your ml?
T.
I sure will. I flew to Ohio today to visit Tym Switzer's shop and to check out the Sledgehammer. That thing is a beast. Accelerates like my 1000+hp twin turbo Gallardo. What color is your ML63? I havent done any mods to our ML63, are you planning any?

Aaron

Old 09-16-2008, 08:01 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by acicchelli
I sure will. I flew to Ohio today to visit Tym Switzer's shop and to check out the Sledgehammer. That thing is a beast. Accelerates like my 1000+hp twin turbo Gallardo. What color is your ML63? I havent done any mods to our ML63, are you planning any?

Aaron
Hey Aaron,

Glad you got a chance to meet Tym and David! David is like a big brother to me and Tym is the only guy I have work on my rides. I was trying to make it out there today but to much work. I would love to hear an in depth comparison of the Sledgehammer and how it compares to your Heffner Gallardo.

Cheers

Old 09-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Hey Aaron,

Glad you got a chance to meet Tym and David! David is like a big brother to me and Tym is the only guy I have work on my rides. I was trying to make it out there today but to much work. I would love to hear an in depth comparison of the Sledgehammer and how it compares to your Heffner Gallardo.

Cheers
Thats too bad you couldnt make it, would have loved to meet you as well. Tym and David are great guys, and I enjoyed my short visit a lot.

As for the Heffner G in comparison to the Sledgehammer, they are very different animals. The acceleration is similar in both cars, but the power delivery is much different. The Gallardo is a much louder, smaller, less comfortable, and more exotic. The Sledgehammer on the other hand, is more refined, classier looking, more of a daily driver. You can talk on your cell phone or have a conversation as the exhaust isnt too loud when cruising around. When you step on it, you can hear it sing, albeit about 1/3 as loud as the Gallardo. Both cars make your heart race and your neck snap. Both platforms seem very eager to handle 1000+ hp at the crank, and are very stable at high speeds. The great thing about the 2 cars is even with all the power, the engine does not seem to be as taxed as you would expect.

Aaron

Old 09-16-2008, 08:25 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute

Aaron
My ML is white just like my TT. I have only had the ML for a couple of weeks and haven't done anything to it yet. I spoke to the tech @ MB Nashville which is doing Kleeman stuff and may let him do some things. Sorry to hijack the thread. Keep us informed on what you do with Switzer. May want to take a ride if you don't mind.
Thanks,
T.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:34 PM
My ML is white just like my TT. I have only had the ML for a couple of weeks and haven't done anything to it yet. I spoke to the tech @ MB Nashville which is doing Kleeman stuff and may let him do some things. Sorry to hijack the thread. Keep us informed on what you do with Switzer. May want to take a ride if you don't mind.
Thanks,
T.
The techs know me very well over at the MB of Nashville. I have had several mercedes and they have done a few things for my Gallardo. I am pretty sure I saw your car the tuesday after labor day. I was over at the Verizon store off of cool springs blvd (sort of near the Carmike movie theatre), and parked my black SL65 next to an 09 white ML63. My fiance also had my E63 (which I have since traded for the 911 turbo) and parked next to me. So we had 3 AMGs all in a row haha. I was checking it out as the 09's have some minor cosmetic changes, and some new wheels. The car looked very sharp, and very nice in white. We should get together sometime.

Aaron

Old 09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
That was me. One of my stores is in that shopping center. I saw your ride parked there and was admiring it. Always looking for reasons to get the rides out and go for a spin. Would love to see your stable. It is always nice to show the wife there are others who blow more money than me.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:44 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Thats too bad you couldnt make it, would have loved to meet you as well. Tym and David are great guys, and I enjoyed my short visit a lot.

As for the Heffner G in comparison to the Sledgehammer, they are very different animals. The acceleration is similar in both cars, but the power delivery is much different. The Gallardo is a much louder, smaller, less comfortable, and more exotic. The Sledgehammer on the other hand, is more refined, classier looking, more of a daily driver. You can talk on your cell phone or have a conversation as the exhaust isnt too loud when cruising around. When you step on it, you can hear it sing, albeit about 1/3 as loud as the Gallardo. Both cars make your heart race and your neck snap. Both platforms seem very eager to handle 1000+ hp at the crank, and are very stable at high speeds. The great thing about the 2 cars is even with all the power, the engine does not seem to be as taxed as you would expect.

Aaron
Thanks for the detailed description Aaron and great write up! I like your last sentence alot...one of these days I will pick up a Gallardo to go with my Turbo...and have Tym work his magic on the Lambo as well! Good luck with your TT and for the record Cartier sucksJK LOL

Les

Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Lol, thanks man. Lets meet up next time I am in Ohio.

Aaron

Old 09-16-2008, 08:56 PM
That was me. One of my stores is in that shopping center. I saw your ride parked there and was admiring it. Always looking for reasons to get the rides out and go for a spin. Would love to see your stable. It is always nice to show the wife there are others who blow more money than me.
Lol @ the wife comment. I havent met anyone around here with even a fraction of my need for speed.

PM me when you wanna get together and Ill give you my phone #.

Aaron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newly acquired 997 Turbo with pictures