997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Techart Ecu Software&Varioplus Coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
CeM997tt is infamous around these parts
Techart Ecu Software&Varioplus Coilovers

What are you guys thinking about Techart software and Varioplus coilovers? As i know,they are actually same with Bilstein Damptronics,is it true ? Anybody using them ?

Last edited by CeM997tt; 09-14-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:44 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CeM997tt
What are you guys thinking about Techart software and Varioplus coilovers? As i know,they are actually same with Bilstein Damptronics,is it true ? Anybody using them ?
Not exactly the same...OEM is Bilstein, but I think they are revalved with a different spring rate from the Damptronics.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:51 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Get Pss10 and save money...

Old 09-15-2008, 08:17 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Get the PSS Damptronics for PASM aka PSS10's and as luiscarlos said - save money.

AWE was running a special on them.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
We have the PSS10's in stock. They have been very popular for the agressive street drivers and those who like to take it to the track too. Keep in mind when you have your shop install them that the ride height is set within bilstein specs or the car will not be fun on the street even in non sport mode.

we can also provide techart software but it's really expensive because it includes several other items.

$11800 gets you the ECU Upgrade, Carbon Air box with filters, and throttle y-pipes 50hp increase to the wheels

Last edited by GMP Performance; 09-15-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
We also have a couple other options if you are just looking for software upgrade only.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
White997TT is infamous around these parts
i would recomend the evo software and I have heard good things about the TA coil overs. although they are pricey

Old 09-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Site Sponsor
We support EVO & APR

Old 09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
CeM997tt is infamous around these parts
Thank you for your opinions guys.I've already had TA manifold,TA race exhaust with 100 cell cats and Techart intake.Only TA software was missing for to complete power kit.I had it installed by sending the ECU to TA Germany and finally have it back 2 days ago.My only problem was low rpm issues until now.Now i'm pretty happy with the things i've done
Matthew,I know Evo or Giac softwares are also very succesfull but they have no dealer here,same as damptronics.If i order from GMP or another company,i'm gonna pay custom taxes(unfortunately you must pay tax for breathing in Turkey ) and they will be nearly same price with Techart Variopluses.That's why i'm gonna go with TA coilovers i think.

Last edited by CeM997tt; 09-15-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Site Sponsor
Taxes are a pain in the butt for sure ....

Do you want me to give you a quote with the shipping anyway?, maybe with the exchange rate it might be a little less, I can get the techart ones too if you want pricing on those.

ECU.
You can always ship your ecu to us overnight and usually we can ship it out the very next day so your car would only be down for a maximum of 3-4 days. And we may not have to put an invoice on it since there is no physical item to really tax unless customs have diagnostic tools lol to check your ecu for software upgrades We do this all the time in the states with Speedart. Have you heard of them? They are basically like techart, a Porsche tuner/design which is exclusively imported by GMP.

Well anyways if there is anything I can do for you just send me a message or you can email me direct @ mkrisel@gmpperformance.com for any of your european performance needs.