997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PSS10 making poping noise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
PSS10 making poping noise?

I had Pss10 installed in my car a few months ago. Well about every time I crank the wheel full tilt I have a nasty popping noise when backing up and more so turning the wheel to the right. It does it going forward but not as loud or as nasty sounding. I was wondering if this is normal for coil-over or is it not seating properly?

Old 09-15-2008, 06:06 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I have the PSS Damptronics, been on for a few months and I havent heard any popping noises, might want to get it checked out.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:25 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Main spring is rotating on the perch, not really normal on street coilovers but common on race setups.

I'd tell the installer to check it out

Old 09-16-2008, 08:48 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, normal spring pop as they are shifting under slow tight turning. Typical of coilovers.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
Yup, normal spring pop as they are shifting under slow tight turning. Typical of coilovers.
So this is normal? Is there anything that can be done to stop it? I just wondering cause its very loud and had a friend ask me if all $140k Porsches do that...

Old 09-16-2008, 09:42 AM
BoostJunkie is infamous around these parts
Check the tightness of the nuts that secure the swaybar endlinks. They may have come loose.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Just adding a data point here: Mine does not make any popping sound. I just retested this morning. My setup is PSS10, GMG sway, Tarett drop link.

Originally Posted by meaker
So this is normal? Is there anything that can be done to stop it? I just wondering cause its very loud and had a friend ask me if all $140k Porsches do that...

Old 09-16-2008, 10:16 AM
PAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nicePAT J. is just really nice
hey buddy, i have it on my car and it seems normal for it to make that sound if you turn it all the way. but when driving straight, i have no issue. perhaps get it checked out and as a recommendation, get it adjusted every few months or so!! good luck.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks everybody for info. I guess I will call GMP(they did the install) up and see if they can check it out..