997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

KW coilovers for 997 Twin Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
KW coilovers for 997 Twin Turbo?

I understand from KW that their 996 coil overs also fit and work as they should with the 997 Twin Turbos? I've had some experience with their variant 3s before and they were excellent. I'd seriously consider the KWs for my 997TT if I could get some feedback from members who have 997TT experience with them. Are the 996 and 997 chassis the same? Hmmmm. If not, Bilsteins will be my choice (how exactly are they for daily driving re bumps?)
Thanks. K.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
The KWV3's are very good from personal experience in other cars. I purchased a set of KWV3's but could not find anyone to disable the PASM. I had the instructions it was more of a liability on their end and they would not disable it. I returned them to get the Bilstein Damptronics with PASM.

I would love to have experienced the KWV3's but in the end I am happy with the Bilsteins..

Old 09-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
The KWV3's are very good from personal experience in other cars. I purchased a set of KWV3's but could not find anyone to disable the PASM. I had the instructions it was more of a liability on their end and they would not disable it. I returned them to get the Bilstein Damptronics with PASM.

I would love to have experienced the KWV3's but in the end I am happy with the Bilsteins..
Thanks, this is the word I was looking for. I hope the Bilsteins have a relaxed setting in normal mode for long road trips and daily driving city bumps (it bothers my wife in the passenger seat and I can see her point).
Suspension is the first mode in my opinion. The stock suspension is a bit slushy especially on the track (notwithstanding my limited driving skills!).
K.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I got the damptronics in a while back and I think the majority of the comfort is dependent on road conditions and ride height. Mine is set very low, as a result driving in NYC I would say that it is definitely not enjoyable. However, even with the low ride height once you are on the highway the car feels planted and the majority of the bumps aren't really bothersome.

I hear that if you raise the car a bit, or use their recommended ride height, the ride is pretty compliant, mine's been slammed from day one though. All in all though I still use it as a daily driver, I just mind the road a bit more, because once the pavement is flat, it's just so much more enjoyable.

On a side note, some female passengers who are rather top heavy (if you catch my drift) have complained about driving on city streets. If you have the same issue, recommend they wear a sports bra