997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GMG SWAYS vs. H&R sways

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
H&R or Champion (I thought they are the same ???) will give more drop just upfront not are the rear, how come ??? So front will sit low and rear high ??? that not good...

Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
No, no. They are the same springs as far as I know. They give a slightly lower drop in the front compared to techarts or gmg. The rear drop is the same. My car sits 26" front and 26.5" rear measured at the mid fenderwell.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 11-10-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:53 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Ok so H&R Champion Springs and GMC Swaybars ???

Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Sounds good to me!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 AM
Better RSS bar cause they include toe link or somethin like that...)))

Old 11-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Eibach makes the GMG sway bar exclusively for GMG. The RSS sway bar includes a basic male/female spherical rod end upgrade with their sway bars per the picture. I think both are an excellent choice. Running the GMG bars on my car, I have had no issues. I run the rear sway bar links from the factory as they are fine and upgrading would not change anything. The front sway bar link I run our heavy duty Agency Power links which use a stout CNC machined aluminum center with oversized spherical rod ends.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Oh so there are front and rear ones as well...

Doesn GMC and RSS offer front and rear or only front sways ???

Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Oh so there are front and rear ones as well...

Doesn GMC and RSS offer front and rear or only front sways ???

Our sway bar kit is a matched front and rear specifically made for the 997TT.

We went with Eibach as a manufacture for a few reasons they are world reknown in sway bar manufacturing,are TUV approved, use the highest quality steel and frankly build the best bars on the market. Additionally we have a long time relationship with Eibach as development partner for some of there products and they work very closely with us on our Speed GT program.

Additionally we designed our bars to work with the stock drop links as this has always been a problem on previous generation 996TT's.
Running the stop drop link works perfectly fine on any 997TT that is equipped with any suspension upgrade from simple lowering springs to PSS10's or Moton dampers.

We could have easily gone with a no name sway bar bender who would have made the bars at a much cheaper cost. But its simply not the way we do things. Our customers have come to appreciate the highest quality products that we build and sell and when it comes to suspension we simply wont make a compromise to make a few extra bucks.

Our bars are available direct or through some of the respected advertisers on the forum such as Vivid.

Feel free to email me directly. If you are in the area please feel free to stop by the shop if you have any questions about suspension in general we are always here to answer questions so you can make an informed decision on your next upgrade.

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 11-13-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Could not agree more Fab... We have our own sway bars through Agency Power. They are made by a well known sway bar company like Eibach does yours. Ours are exclusively done to be how we see fit for the vehicles to our spec.

We have tried to use some "no name" companies that will bend and pinch the ends. The quality and consistancy is never there, and for the $10 - $20/bar savings, it was better to get them done the right way the first time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.