997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Also, JaeS4...

You're not smart.
And you're a tool.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Apart from the ZR1........well the Viper ACR is the other Supercar capable of beating the above list.

The GTR should really be outclassed in this field as shown by other results. Nissan did have a ringer just as Porsche said.
BTW, good answer, i totally forgot about the ACR. But in fairness, the ACR is really a street legal race car. Regardless, you are correct.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:18 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
I'm actually a person. Not a tool.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:25 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
There was a recent review comparing the ZO6 and the GT2(?). The rear engined Porsche was aparently better at getting the back end planted down during hard take off and better at braking, its engine placement was also far better at communicating the GT2's handling characteristics.

In terms of racing it seems to be that the FR and RR configuration have a batter success rate and are more widely used than MR and especially F-AWD (apart from rally).

Old 11-13-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm actually a person. Not a tool.
Since you lack comprehension how about this one, you're an ***.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaeS4
Since you lack comprehension how about this one, you're an ***.
MiniD I think you hurt his feelings!!

Old 11-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
There was a recent review comparing the ZO6 and the GT2(?). The rear engined Porsche was aparently better at getting the back end planted down during hard take off and better at braking, its engine placement was also far better at communicating the GT2's handling characteristics.

In terms of racing it seems to be that the FR and RR configuration have a batter success rate and are more widely used than MR and especially F-AWD (apart from rally).
It depends on what type of racing you're talking about. IMO, F1 is the #1 racing platform and they're configuration is mid engine. Except for Ferrari and some Lambos, there aren't too many mid engine cars that participate in GT1, GT2, and GT3 class. Again, IMO and many others as well, mid engine configuration is the best in terms weight distribution for any type of racing.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by airflite1
MiniD I think you hurt his feelings!!
Yeah, Minidick did hurt my feelings.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I could very well be mistaken, but wasn't the EDO 996TT that ran the 'Ring in 7:15 a street legal race car? Or, if not technically, for all practical purposes a street legal race car? Certainly in concept not much different from the ACR?

Last edited by USCCayman; 11-13-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by USCCayman
I could very well be mistaken, but wasn't the EDO 996TT that ran the 'Ring in 7:15 a street legal race car? Or, if not technically, for all practical purposes a street legal race car? Certainly in concept not much different from the ACR?
Don't know, but i wouldn't be surprise if it did.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Pak317 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Trommel
That's a little unfair - the TT doesn't look that bad.

hahaha chubby chaser huh??

We've all had our chubby girls.......

Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Pak317 is infamous around these parts
By the way, wasn't this a GTR VS 997TT thread? why the hell is everyone talking about RR vs FR vs MR now?

Besides, how many of us could actually drive these cars to their fullest potentials anyways? 10% of the members on this forum maybe?

While we're at it, my ***** IS BIGGER THAN YOURS and I can pee further too!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....................................

People just need to accept that this is a PORSCHE forum. Accept that and return to your playstations please

Old 11-14-2008, 02:35 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Don't you mean month, Jenk?

December 13 is my birthday. We'll probably be in town that weekend. You're invited if you're not out town, Michael. DHinkle, MiniD, Tyler, Jenk, and Dez...doesn't sound like the cleanest race in the world.

Is this for real this time? If so, I'm in.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:59 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
It depends on what type of racing you're talking about. IMO, F1 is the #1 racing platform and they're configuration is mid engine. Except for Ferrari and some Lambos, there aren't too many mid engine cars that participate in GT1, GT2, and GT3 class. Again, IMO and many others as well, mid engine configuration is the best in terms weight distribution for any type of racing.
You get stuck on repeat when you run out of wikpedia searches to copy and paste. There is no way to make an F1 car efficienty rear engine. You'd have to raise the engine up a few feet, so it could sit over the rear axle, that would destroy the aero efficiency in which they are almost totally dependant. You also couldnt have a front engine F1 car because it would completely destroy the aero.

Street cars dont have these problems because there is a certain mass that will be there and the car sits high enough to support front, mid and rear engine platforms.

For the simpletons F1 cars center of gravity are too low for rear engine, street cars are not. Open wheel cars are not applicable to what we drive on the street. Your simplistic way of thinking is really not relevant.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:35 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You get stuck on repeat when you run out of wikpedia searches to copy and paste. There is no way to make an F1 car efficienty rear engine. You'd have to raise the engine up a few feet, so it could sit over the rear axle, that would destroy the aero efficiency in which they are almost totally dependant. You also couldnt have a front engine F1 car because it would completely destroy the aero.

Street cars dont have these problems because there is a certain mass that will be there and the car sits high enough to support front, mid and rear engine platforms.

For the simpletons F1 cars center of gravity are too low for rear engine, street cars are not. Open wheel cars are not applicable to what we drive on the street. Your simplistic way of thinking is really not relevant.
You just couldn't make this up. Hilarious.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.