997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
I never said the design does not work, don't make things up just to cover up your stupidity. Show me when and where i said that RE does not work.

you f#$^in piece of shiet, did I insult you? I kept it civil, take it to another level with me and I am more than happy to escalate.

but to show you how stupid you are here is your own comment proving what I said above. short memory huh. IDIOT!!!!!!! here is your retarded and unfounded comment. In the GT3 class the 911 dominates...jackass.

In the GT3 class the 997's are definitely more competitive but they're still being dominated by Ford GT's, C6 Vettes, and occasionally DBR9's.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:18 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Prche951

you f#$^in piece of shiet, did I insult you? I kept it civil, take it to another level with me and I am more than happy to escalate.

but to show you how stupid you are here is your own comment proving what I said above. short memory huh. IDIOT!!!!!!! here is your retarded and unfounded comment. In the GT3 class the 911 dominates...jackass.

You just prove to me again that you are stupid. How do you figure that comment meant that RE does not work. I was just pointing out how those other cars dominates FIAgt. Try to understand what you read instead of just seeing the words next time. Just because i posted that Vettes and Aston Martins are dominating FIAgt, that doesn't mean that the 997's RE design does not work nor did i ever said that it does not work, learn english. BTW, take it easy tough guy, you initiated the insult with this post.

my point which you obviously missed was that you do not know what you are talking about.
Time for you to initiate foot insertion in your mouth.

Last edited by jaeS4; 11-14-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
You just prove to me again that you are stupid. How do you figure that comment meant that RE does not work. I was just pointing out how those other cars dominates FIAgt. Easy tough guy, you initiated the insult with this post.
"Originally Posted by Prche951
my point which you obviously missed was that you do not know what you are talking about."

now I know you live in your own world. Show me in my post that you quoted and I requoted here, where I called you a name. Again, you appear to suffer from ADD and probably many more psychological issues, I am sure.

so again you initiated the name calling. can you not see that. sheez.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:37 PM
"Originally Posted by Prche951
my point which you obviously missed was that you do not know what you are talking about."

now I know you live in your own world. Show me in my post that you quoted and I requoted here, where I called you a name. Again, you appear to suffer from ADD and probably many more psychological issues, I am sure.

so again you initiated the name calling. can you not see that. sheez.
You are right, i stand corrected. I shouldn't have called you stupid initially. But you have to admit that by saying that i said that RE don't work because of my post, that's pretty stupid. Again, i simply gave an example of how other cars dominates the FIAgt, nothing more. That statement doesn't mean RE don't work. Do you understand this at all?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:22 PM
You are right, i stand corrected. I shouldn't have called you stupid initially. But you have to admit that by saying that i said that RE don't work because of my post, that's pretty stupid. Again, i simply gave an example of how other cars dominates the FIAgt, nothing more. That statement doesn't mean RE don't work. Do you understand this at all?

yes, you gave FIAGT examples. I gave Lemans and American Lemans, 24 hours of Nurburgring, and you casually dismiss them, and these races and series are considerably more monumental. Don't you think that is pretty stupid. How can you dismiss the fact that the 911 has won it's class more than any car in history at LeMans and american lemans. With the same engine. What other car can say that?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:28 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
I'm late to this. But FIAgt is so freaking different from ALMS. You are an idiot.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:31 PM
yes, you gave FIAGT examples. I gave Lemans and American Lemans, 24 hours of Nurburgring, and you casually dismiss them, and these races and series are considerably more monumental. Don't you think that is pretty stupid. How can you dismiss the fact that the 911 has won it's class more than any car in history at LeMans and american lemans. With the same engine. What other car can say that?
How and when did i dismissed them? I never questioned the 911's accomplishments, i just said that ME is better than RE. That is the whole discussion and the only discussion, nothing else. What part you don't understand. You still haven't anwered my question, when did i exactly say that RE doesn't work, please show me this.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
I'm late to this. But FIAgt is so freaking different from ALMS. You are an idiot.
You're the bigger idiot, you don't even know what we're talking about. I never compared FIAgt to ALMS. Read first you moron before making any comment.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:12 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Lol. You're right. I don't know anything about racing.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:29 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
JaeS4 - seems like Mini-D is getting under your skin...would be hard for him to get it into your head since you are thick-skulled...

It went from GTR to ME and RE....tsk tsk...shame..

Old 11-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Kanhn...you're invited foo

Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
JaeS4 - seems like Mini-D is getting under your skin...would be hard for him to get it into your head since you are thick-skulled...

It went from GTR to ME and RE....tsk tsk...shame..
Not at all, MiniDick is just a little pest, he makes me laugh.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Lol. You're right. I don't know anything about racing.
Nope, didn't say that either. We're not talking about racing and you're just an idiot.

BTW, please take this advice, it might save your life, reading is fundamental. Learn to read and understand what you are reading. I know it's hard for you since you ride the short bus, but you can do it, have faith.

Last edited by jaeS4; 11-14-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:11 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
http://www.edo-competition.de/Porsch...16.0.html?&L=2

Edo Porsche 996 GT2 RS:

CARRIAGE

<HR>Aerodynamics
  • Front spoiler & fronts skirting in kevlar fibre (CFK) designed for 3 radiators with outlet ports in the soft hood
  • Integrated brakes cooling duct made from kevlar fibre (CFK)
  • Air emission outlets of the radiators left and right lead to optimal cooling outside
  • specifics: Aoerodynamics also cause both the outward dispersal of heat both from the brakes and from the radiator.
  • Air deflector for better incoming airflow of the outer radiator.
  • Front spoiler: goes to the steering gear; therefore encases the front end completely, this leads simultaneously to better through current of the lower air
Doors
  • Light contruction doors, weight per door 5.5 kg (Serie 30 kg) with Makrolon light weight panels, green coloured and double sided sliding windows
  • Custom designed quick-opening door handle side fender
  • Widening rear made out of CFK for rims 13 xs 18" wheel tire combinations
  • Front fender for rims 11 xs 18" wheel tire combinations
  • Interior
    the wheel housing caters for 13" wide wheel tire combinations with optimal suitability for slicks & rain tires
Tailgate
  • Rear bumper made out of CFK is specially for 13" wide wheel tire combinations
    and for slicks & rain tires. In the rear bumper are lateral air retirement openings are integrated air outlet ports whcih remove warmth of the air cooler.
  • Rear bumper downward drag with pipe-in-pipe exhaust system optically integrated
    engine hausing cover with rear spoiler.
  • Version 1: Airfoil (spoiler) "boomerang" in CFK engine housing cover-
    Has became with the GT 2 Karosse an adapted, integrated air duct for engine air extraction.
  • Version 2: Airfoil (spoiler) "Le Mans" length 186 cm - removeable(Gourny-Flap) made from CFK for racing.
Panes
  • Specially prepared Makrolon ® door panels, rear panels, side panels. Green tinted with balck edges (Weight recuction 18 kg)
CHASSIS

<HR>Chassis suspension

• Sports chassis consisting of gas pressure dampening with twin springs and universal ball-storage for our 3 setting adjustable race sport damper we use adjustable 1 step and press (low and high speed separately) tube gas pressure damper with balance container
  • Stabilisers (front und rear) adjustable
  • Altered steering gear ratio (around 50% more direct turning than in production series)
Braking system

• Brembo-Braking system with 4-channel-ABS
  • Front axle:
    brake disc diameter 380 mm, perforated 4- pluger brake calliper with Racing sport lining und mit zirkonium oxide piston insert for optimal Barake pressure performance at all Temperatures
    Rear axle: brake disc diameter 350 mm perforated 4- pluger brake calliper with Racing sport lining und mit zirkonium oxide piston insert for optimal brake pressure performance at all Temperatures
Wheel / tires combination

• 3-section Aluminium alloy rim with forged wheel spider(custom made)
  • front axle: 235/45 ZR 18
  • rear axle: 315/30 ZR 18
* Optional central locking possible
TRANSMISSION

<HR>
  • "GT 2 R" -race transmission with stiff suspension
  • Transmission 9:31 with steel synchronisation rings
  • reinforced pressure plate
  • special race clutch
  • GT1 differential lock
  • gear shift lever (customised) with integrated reduced gearstick movement
  • reinforced shaft
MOTOR
  • Basis: Water-cooled 996 GT 2 Engine with 3.6 Ltr. Cubic capacity performance:
    612 HP / 6.790 U/min
  • Torque: 785 Nm / 4.300 U/min
  • Revised exhaust system
  • Revised turbocharger
  • Revised exhaust manifold
  • Abgasanlage mit integrated catalytic converter
  • Modified engine electronics and steering
DRIVE DATA

Accelerations of...
0 - 100 km/h in ca. 3.5 s
0 - 200 km/h in ca. 9.5 s
0 - 300 km/h in ca. 22.5 s

jaeS4,
Thanks for going through the trouble to find the answer for me. Very nice of you and I appreciate it.
Tony

Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Guys, we're getting nasty with each other and getting off track. We are all human and on the same side. In a war, we'd all be in the same foxhole covering each other's butts. These are just cars. Be civil!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.