997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
JaeS4

You're really turning into a troll now. And sadly the expected IQ levels of the trolls continues to go down. You did a couple of autocrosses and think you know something about road racing. You havent even scratched the surface boy.

Look at how the GT3 has gone head to head with the Z06's over time. 996 GT3 vs C5Z and 997 GT3 vs C6Z. And both times with almost 100 less hp. Yet the GT3 needs to borrow from the Z06? Just goes to show how little you know. When you actually do some driving (that doesnt include a parking lot), then come back and talk like you know something, because obviously you are a young kid who knows nothing.

And I find it funny how all the trolls claim to have driven Porsches extensively. Biggest joke I've heard yet.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:17 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
^^^^^^^^^No problem Tony. If you look at the pics, it might seem like it's not street legal, at least not for U.S.. But it might be for Europe. Anyway, i believe this is the one that did 7:15 in The Ring. Quite impressive.

Last edited by jaeS4; 11-14-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:21 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I was trying to find out if the EDO 996TT was street legal because on this thread and/or another, somebody suggested that the 997TT and Nissan GTR debate was silly because both cars have been eclipsed by the ZR1 and ACR. I know that the ACR is basically a street legal race car, and I wanted to point out that none of these cars have yet out-paced the EDO 996TT. If it is not street legal, I'm wondering if it is all that much different then the ACR.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
JaeS4

You're really turning into a troll now. And sadly the expected IQ levels of the trolls continues to go down. You did a couple of autocrosses and think you know something about road racing. You havent even scratched the surface boy.

Look at how the GT3 has gone head to head with the Z06's over time. 996 GT3 vs C5Z and 997 GT3 vs C6Z. And both times with almost 100 less hp. Yet the GT3 needs to borrow from the Z06? Just goes to show how little you know. When you actually do some driving (that doesnt include a parking lot), then come back and talk like you know something, because obviously you are a young kid who knows nothing.

And I find it funny how all the trolls claim to have driven Porsches extensively. Biggest joke I've heard yet.
Did you even read what i posted. How many times i said i don't have much experienced. I'll post it again.

Nope, don't have much experience except for some local AutoX in parking lots. I got to drive my friends 996 and C5 Vette several times. In regards to ME cars, i've only driven the last two models of MR2's and a NSX. In the little time and experience i have with those cars, i say the ME cars are definitely more balance. Both 996 and C5 Vette where a bit too tail happy, but then again i'm not that experienced. But in comparison, both MR2's and the NSX where much easier for me to drive more agressive and i was lot more comfortable as well. But to be honest, it's not really a fair comparison considering the differences between those cars in weight and power. You ask why would the weight balance would make a difference, are you serious about that. So you don't think that if the 996 had a 50/50 weight distribution instead of something like 40/60 or the Vette with 60/40, you don't think that would make a difference. Especially for a non or minimal experience driver like myself, you don't think that would make a difference. C'mon HC, use some common sense, you can't be that stupid. Bottom line is, 50/50 weight distribution and the lighter car is makes it more balance and better in handling. Regardless how good or bad of a driver you are.
When did i say the GT3 needs to borrow from the Z06? Huh? What the hell are you talking about?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I dont count that Edo car. Too many mods to be compared to factory cars. May be a street car, but until we get a Katech Corvette, Hennessey ACR, Mines GT-R, HKS Evo and Amuse S2000 over there to test it's not in the same ballpark as the stock cars.

A super tuner shootout at the ring would be something else though.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by jaeS4
Did you even read what i posted. How many times i said i don't have much experienced. I'll post it again.

When did i say the GT3 needs to borrow from the Z06? Huh? What the hell are you talking about?

I misread your post. But I'm glad you pointed it out.

What corvette do you know of that has a 60/40 weight bias? The corvette is almost 50/50 doogie........

Please go search some more. You get worse by the post.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I dont count that Edo car. Too many mods to be compared to factory cars. May be a street car, but until we get a Katech Corvette, Hennessey ACR, Mines GT-R, HKS Evo and Amuse S2000 over there to test it's not in the same ballpark as the stock cars.

A super tuner shootout at the ring would be something else though.
Oh, O.K. As the lovely and talented Rosanna Rosanna Dana often said, "Never mind."

I'd like to see such a shootout also. How do we raise the money and talk them in to it?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:40 PM
If they ever do such a shootout, I got dibbs on driving the TPC Turbo-Cayman. Although, I should probably at least do my first DE. I will someday! I can guarantee you that I have less experience than anyone posting here! Although I did learn to drive in a 356 Convertable D 39 years ago!

Last edited by USCCayman; 11-14-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by USCCayman
If they ever do such a shootout, I got dibbs on driving the TPC Turbo-Cayman. Although, I should probably at least do my first DE. I will someday! I can guarantee you that I have less experience than anyone posting here! Although I did learn to drive in a 356 Convertable D 39 years ago!

man your old

Old 11-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Prche951
man your old
What can I say? Although I can still ride a road bike 100 miles in under 6 hours.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:17 PM
I misread your post. But I'm glad you pointed it out.

What corvette do you know of that has a 60/40 weight bias? The corvette is almost 50/50 doogie........

Please go search some more. You get worse by the post.
You are correct, C5's are more like 53/47. Hey, you have misquoted me at least twice, so who's getting worst by the post.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by USCCayman
What can I say? Although I can still ride a road bike 100 miles in under 6 hours.

yah, that is the same road that you practice your 60-130 times, it's a 5% downhill slope...

seriously, 6 hours is decent. I have not ridden in a while by I use to race a bit. I have a few decent road bikes.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by jaeS4
You are correct, C5's are more like 53/47. Hey, you have misquoted me at least twice, so who's getting worst by the post.
Trying to understand people who dont know anything can be difficult. I'm posting things I KNOW, you are posting what you looked up from internet searches, and getting from other forums, and purely just making up.

I also KNOW that rear engine in the SAME CLASS UNDER THE SAME RULES, has beaten mid engine from one of if not the finest mid engine car maker in the world, in the best true GT (production car based) racing in the world. In fact it's beaten it far more than it's lost. You have no rebuttal for that other than go back to your balance quotes, but you do not take into consideration ballast and aero which at those levels really chance the handling characteristics of the car.

If all suspension designs were the same, all tires the same, EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME, you would be on to something. But suspension can really change the handling characteristic of the car. For example some of the pro Porsche teams run heavier front springs than rear, but soften the damping force, this reduces the moment of inertia to easily controllable by the driver, which nearly all pro drivers want a car they can steer throttle steer with. But you probably dont even know what throttle steer is do you. (Hint: it's not what you read in the magazines)

But I'm sure you will look it up before you post, so go ahead.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Man we got to 110 pages fast.

200 anyone?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Trying to understand people who dont know anything can be difficult. I'm posting things I KNOW, you are posting what you looked up from internet searches, and getting from other forums, and purely just making up.

I also KNOW that rear engine in the SAME CLASS UNDER THE SAME RULES, has beaten mid engine from one of if not the finest mid engine car maker in the world, in the best true GT (production car based) racing in the world. In fact it's beaten it far more than it's lost. You have no rebuttal for that other than go back to your balance quotes, but you do not take into consideration ballast and aero which at those levels really chance the handling characteristics of the car.

If all suspension designs were the same, all tires the same, EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME, you would be on to something. But suspension can really change the handling characteristic of the car. For example some of the pro Porsche teams run heavier front springs than rear, but soften the damping force, this reduces the moment of inertia to easily controllable by the driver, which nearly all pro drivers want a car they can steer throttle steer with. But you probably dont even know what throttle steer is do you. (Hint: it's not what you read in the magazines)

But I'm sure you will look it up before you post, so go ahead.
First of all, when you make a mistake, be a man about it and don't be such a P***Y about it. Secondly, i never pretended or said i know everything unlike you. What i post is what i know or what i have read and it is very limited. I admit that i do look some of it up in the net, but only because i don't remember most of this stuff. Experience wise, well i've already told you that.

So you think that everything that you post is a fact and what you post is what you know. Let's get back on topic then.

1. You know for a fact that Nissan cheated and the video is not real as you have posted several times, you know this as a fact.

2. You have claimed several times that the GTR that did 7:29 in the Ring was not under-rated, you know this as a fact as well. But wait, when Swamp2 posted that simulation stating that the GTR that ran in the Ring is at least 550hp you didn't dispute that and you didn't even retracted what you said about the GTR not being under-rated. So you know that the GTR that ran in The Ring was not under-rated and under-rated. Good one.

Here are some few facts:

1. You never been in The Ring
2. You never have driven the new GTR
3. You don't believe that the GTR than ran 7:29 was under-rated
4. You base your analogy on the GTR on what you've read about it

So who's spewing out BULL S***T. You still think that you post everything that you know. You seem to know a lot about the GTR, yet you've never driven one, but you base it on what you've read, so it has to be facts. Next time you criticize someone on what they post or what they know why don't you look in the mirror first. Everything that you have posted about the GTR is what you've read in the net. Let me quote you again just for some laughs.

Originally Posted by Heavychevy
I'm posting things I KNOW, you are posting what you looked up from internet searches,
This is classic, typical of a tool that thinks they know everything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.