997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:12 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
JaeS4 - Chill Out. Really. Name calling people doesn't get your point across.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:14 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
^^^^. Yeah, but it does make it more dramatic.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Holy change of subject Batman!!!!!!

You trying to rewind 50 pages and start that all over again? Comon man........

I call it lying and cheating like everyone else. You call it under-rated even if the only cars with that hp are the ones that ran the ring.

How smart is that?

Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy

I call it lying and cheating like everyone else. You call it under-rated even if the only cars with that hp are the ones that ran the ring.

How smart is that?
Are you for real, it's the same thing you moron. Under-rating is cheating.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:27 AM
BTW, how ironic that you have a quote from Evo and Carmagazine. I thought you didn't post stuff from the net or mags, but only stuff that you know as actual facts.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:37 AM

How smart is that?
My point is you believe that Nissan cheated and lying base on what you have read in the net, forums, or mags. Not base on actual facts that "YOU KNOW". (And all of them haven't proven anything either and neither have you)You've never driven a GTR and probably haven't seen one either. So don't be a hypocrite and say that i only post stuff from the net when you do the exact same thing. Do you still think you know everything, you still feel smart, or should you start inserting your foot in your BIG MOUTH. I'll be glad to help you.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:54 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
JaeS4 beat 997 Turbo walking.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
Are you for real, it's the same thing you moron. Under-rating is cheating.

Under-rating IS cheating?

Wow. I cant believe I just read that.

Do you know how many cars make more hp than advertised? Especially sports cars? But MANY of them making that type of hp. Not just the ring models. I'll give you a clue, there are a lot (EVEN PORSCHES)!!!!!

Do a search and see what SAE ratings mean and how they came about. You may also want to look into dyno types before you continue to spew that mess. Maha would be a good starting point.

FYI there is a difference between being an enthusiast, and reading magazines.

Last edited by heavychevy; 11-15-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:47 AM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
Ummmm jaeS4....

PORSCHE started this controversy by testing and reporting their results,

thereby suggesting.....

NISSAN seems to have fudged the ring numbers with the GT-R.

Looks as though PORSCHE's currently "questioning"

Nissan's GT-R ring times...

ONLY after purchasing and "TESTING" the GT-R...

in an attempt to verify Nissan's PR releases.

Now Porsche doesn't seem to have any problems with GM's reported...

"ring times"... be it Corvette's ZR1, C6 Z06, C5 Z06, or even GM's sedans.

Nor has Porsche brought up questions (Dodge's mighty Viper as an example) with other cars tested @ the ring.

Many of us have doubted the extraordinary performance numbers that were released by Nissan... simply based on the "weight" of the GT-R,

concluding that Nissan "boosted" the turbo's pressure on the test mule GT-R's.... amongst other possibilities.

Now we find Nissan also has warranty "problems" with the GT-R, when their customers attempt to match Nissan's PR results published for the quarter mile.

This is not good for Nissan and certainly doesn't help their reputation,
especially for those of us who enjoy taking our cars to the track.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Prche951
yah, that is the same road that you practice your 60-130 times, it's a 5% downhill slope...

seriously, 6 hours is decent. I have not ridden in a while by I use to race a bit. I have a few decent road bikes.
Cool. Florida is an OK place to ride, but a lot of country folk driving pick-ups and old ladies who can barely see over the dash make it interesting at times.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:31 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Man we got to 110 pages fast.

200 anyone?

Let's do it!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Under-rating IS cheating?

Wow. I cant believe I just read that.

Do you know how many cars make more hp than advertised? Especially sports cars? But MANY of them making that type of hp. Not just the ring models. I'll give you a clue, there are a lot (EVEN PORSCHES)!!!!!

Do a search and see what SAE ratings mean and how they came about. You may also want to look into dyno types before you continue to spew that mess. Maha would be a good starting point.

FYI there is a difference between being an enthusiast, and reading magazines.

Yes, there are plenty of cars that are under-rated, 335i BMW is a good example. But the difference is they're not as big as the one in the GTR and they're not doing 7:29 in The Ring. When a car is 200hp and it has a top speed of 200mph, when it actuality it is 600hp, that's cheating.

There are different type of car enthusiast but they all have the same passion, it doesn't have to be the same cars it can be all type of cars or only one. They don't have to be race car drivers either, they don't even have to know how to drive and they don't have to read magazines about them as well. A person in a wheelchair that will never ever get to drive can have the same enthusiasm as anyone just by reading magazines, surfing the net, or going to car shows. So there are differences but they have the same passion but they are all car enthusiast.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, there are plenty of cars that are under-rated, 335i BMW is a good example. But the difference is they're not as big as the one in the GTR and they're not doing 7:29 in The Ring. When a car is 200hp and it has a top speed of 200mph, when it actuality it is 600hp, that's cheating.
So then at what point is it cheating according to your definition? Exactly how many hp???? And on what kind of dyno, and in what conditions?

See, you have nothing to stand on, you are making up nonsense.

My point is that the ring GT-R's are cheating because they amped up the power for the test runs and not for the street versions. They lied and said it was a production spec vehicle and it wasnt because the street cars cant accelerate in that manner. THAT IS CHEATING. Not the nonsense you are talking about.

Not to mention Nissan drove the ring with VDC OFF , so the fact that a regular driver cant do so without voiding warranty void is lying too.

See Me_qwkr's thread on how he tried tracking with vdc off and they voided his warranty.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:01 PM
So then at what point is it cheating according to your definition? Exactly how many hp???? And on what kind of dyno, and in what conditions?

See, you have nothing to stand on, you are making up nonsense.

My point is that the ring GT-R's are cheating because they amped up the power for the test runs and not for the street versions. They lied and said it was a production spec vehicle and it wasnt because the street cars cant accelerate in that manner. THAT IS CHEATING. Not the nonsense you are talking about.

Not to mention Nissan drove the ring with VDC OFF , so the fact that a regular driver cant do so without voiding warranty void is lying too.

See Me_qwkr's thread on how he tried tracking with vdc off and they voided his warranty.
Are you retarded or something. You just pretty much said the same thing. The car that ran in the ring is under-rated, the same thing as "the ring GT-R's are cheating because they amped up the power for the test runs". When a car is advertised to have certain performance data base on its spec but the spec is intentionally not accurate, that's cheating. The 335 is as quick as the e46 M3 base on 300hp only, while it is actually making around 330hp or more, that's cheating.I have said previously that i believe the cars you buy from the dealers are still under-rated, maybe not as much as the one that ran in the ring, but still under-rated base on some of the dyno test that i've seen. And if you believe Nissan's claim of 10% power loss when everyone else including people that have done the dyno test says that it's more like 20%, then you're really an idiot. And i have a bridge to sell you, real cheap too.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Are you retarded or something. You just pretty much said the same thing. The car that ran in the ring is under-rated, the same thing as "the ring GT-R's are cheating because they amped up the power for the test runs". When a car is advertised to have certain performance data base on its spec but the spec is intentionally not accurate, that's cheating. The 335 is as quick as the e46 M3 base on 300hp only, while it is actually making around 330hp or more, that's cheating.I have said previously that i believe the cars you buy from the dealers are still under-rated, maybe not as much as the one that ran in the ring, but still under-rated base on some of the dyno test that i've seen. And if you believe Nissan's claim of 10% power loss when everyone else including people that have done the dyno test says that it's more like 20%, then you're really an idiot. And i have a bridge to sell you, real cheap too.
How is the 335i cheating if the showroom stock models come with that much hp? You are the only one making this utterly ignorant arguement.

Explain to me how doing a dyno tells you how much power is lost through the drivetrain. I'd like to hear that explanation.

And who is "everyone" that says the drivetrain loss is 20%? There is not such thing other than your generalizations to try and convince yourself that you make sense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.