997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
And certainly havent done as much trolling as you have.

I havent joined site after site to promote or bash any car, can you say the same? You call yourself a Porsche enthusiast and join a Porsche site and have not one post outside of a GT-R thread. On top of that not even one remotely suggestive post of being a Porsche fan.

The car forums I post on, I've followed and been a member of, and at some point owned a car from the make, or at least followed prior to anything concerning the GT-R (other than nagtroc) can you say the same?

How many sites in which you are a newbie member and havent posted about anything but the GT-R? Dont even try to compare you and I.

I'm an enthusiast. YOU, are a troll
You read very selectively and respond even more selectively - I have clearly explained what led me to post in this thread.

I have no interest in promoting, or talking down, any car, but I would rather see facts than conjecture and fabrication.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:21 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel
The weight difference between GT-R and Turbo is less than the difference between Turbo and GT3.

Does the Turbo's extra weight mean that it can't go around corners?

With a typical American in the passenger seat, you're not far off equal.
Depends on which type of turbo you're talking about. Again a Porsche enthusiast would know this. The 6 speed is just over 3500lbs while the GT3 is over 3200 lbs with the GT-R being over 3800 lbs. It's about equal and no just an extra passenger wont get it done.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:25 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel
You read very selectively and respond even more selectively - I have clearly explained what led me to post in this thread.

I have no interest in promoting, or talking down, any car, but I would rather see facts than conjecture and fabrication.
Full of it as usual. Is that what prompted you to join Rennteam as well? I'm sure there are more too. Do you intend to rid the forum world of anyone who doesnt like the GT-R.

BTW you havent proven anything as conjecture here. Just mouthing and defending like the typical fanboy troll.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
To the best of my knowledge I have never posted a message on Rennteam - I'm not aware that I have even registered there.

I couldn't care less who likes a particular car, but if you don't like one at least try to provide facts or first-hand experience and observations to justify your attempt at argument.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
You are still lost!! Build quality has nothing to do with DSG! Boy are you really dense. Even more so than from my previous post. You can't see logic you don't know the definition.

BMW = DCT = DSG = PDK
NISSAN = DSG = DCT = PDK
VW = DSG = DCT = PDK
Porsche = PDK = DSG = DCT

So what is your point about standard build quality again?

Leather clad? Where do you get your vocabulary from? You can't polish a TURD as I mentioned before. So don't try all you will get is a handful of "****e".

So tell me MR. Wanna Be Enstein you are impressed with gadgets that tells you the oil temps, etc.etc on a screen as compared to an ANALOG gauge that has worked in most race cars for years? So your precious PS3 goes out what will you do? Guess? TOO FUNNY!

Go home as in leave and find another place to troll.

Boy are you weak in your come backs...

Yeah, Porsche's PDK build quality is better than Nissan's DSG - that's why you see a 911 owner with a broken PDK just 3 weeks since he's got it. And the guy doesn't track it or has even launch it....
You see Formula 1 cars with analogue gauges? So you're going to tell me that Formula 1 cars are from PS3?...your logic is pathetic. Don't try and argue when you know you cannot win.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:38 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prche951
ok, lets seriously do an apples to apples comparison of two cars...The GTR and the BMW M5/6. The BMW has 500 hp and weighs about the same as the GTR, and aerodynamically cannot be much different. What is the BMW's time around the ring.....? The GTR will not be much of an improvement.
I guess I'll chime in here since I have an E60 M5 as well and have tracked it extensively.

Firstly, it's an awesome car and with an aftermarket exhaust, that V10 sings like a Ferrari. I love it!

M5 is a very very fast car in a straight line, especially at high speed. In certain speed ranges, it can pull on a stock 997TT (although for sure slower overall).

I have the Dinan suspension kit on the M5 (just new springs and sways, nothing too dramatic).

Despite being just 100lbs or so heavier than the GT-R, it feels very heavy on track and pushes like crazy. I think I am at least 5 secs faster around the track in GT-R versus the M5.

I think it's a combo of more TQ in the GT-R, AWD, lower CG and better mechanical grip from suspension geometry and VDC/Diffs.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:00 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Quacker
Yeah, Porsche's PDK build quality is better than Nissan's DSG - that's why you see a 911 owner with a broken PDK just 3 weeks since he's got it. And the guy doesn't track it or has even launch it....
You see Formula 1 cars with analogue gauges? So you're going to tell me that Formula 1 cars are from PS3?...your logic is pathetic. Don't try and argue when you know you cannot win.
What a loser you are...its truely sad. Now you are bringing in F1's. I guess you have no other knowledge to spread huh? What a troll.

PDK broken? A single post and no pictures. I have asked for proof and guess what no proof. We have proof of the GTR's bring me the proof - NOT POST of the problem. Even if I gave the owner of that PDK the benefit of the problem was it denied warranty?

Now you are the all knowing of what really happened to the PDK car? You know he didn't launch for fact? You know it really happened for fact? I could log on to many boards and post problems with my GTR tranny to smear it couldn't I?

Get a life you troll..

Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
10 sec GTR on 22"s. WTF was the owner thinking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Tfjz0U3C4

Supposedly just bolt on mods and everything else completely stock.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Quacker

LOL, funny that the last reincarnation of Z07 made the EXACT same arguement. And he always picks the dumbest names he can think of.

But in case you are NOT him.

The GT-R has a whole country (thousands in Japan) worth or recalls

PLUS

Several documented failed GT-R's being denied by warranty with lawsuits in the US

PLUS

Some grey market cars they fixed to keep the problem quiet before US release.

Sow how exactly are you comparing this ONE Porsche with a problem to all those GT-R's? I would say YES that does make Porsche build quality better because you wont find any not being covered under warranty.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Old 11-19-2008, 09:34 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vladcanada
I reckon "Launch Control" failed to launch in the U.S.!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Oh wait now the GTR fanboys will say they have an exclusive and its worth more!

That will be classic because having it still doesn't mean you can use it. Also go ahead and pay 10-15K for the new gears. But if they break due to feeling safe then you will have another problem again. How many people can actually work on the tranny? It is not like you can take it to AAMCO.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 AM
http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2008/11/2008-la-auto-show-2010-nissan-gt-r-loses-launch-control.html

Funny how Edmunds continues to carry a blind eye to the GT-R. The one they had for the long term test was in the shopw 4 different times for a combined total of over a month and they still tried to bash guys who've had problems with their cars. Go read it for yourself, it stayed in the shop with various problems until they had to take the tranny out and replace it because they couldnt fix it.

And now this, they spin it as if every GT-R that has broken has been abused.

-Never once mentioning that your warranty is void for using it.
-Never once reiterating the fact that they didnt have to pay for their second tranny.

This is a joke. Nissan pwns edmunds.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:44 AM
I guess this either proves that Nissan has lost one of these lawsuits, or is going to lose.

Or that there are more cases than you can shake a stick at, though Kahn has told us that already, so maybe both.

So much for ONE tranny being broken.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
What a loser you are...its truely sad. Now you are bringing in F1's. I guess you have no other knowledge to spread huh? What a troll.

PDK broken? A single post and no pictures. I have asked for proof and guess what no proof. We have proof of the GTR's bring me the proof - NOT POST of the problem. Even if I gave the owner of that PDK the benefit of the problem was it denied warranty?

Now you are the all knowing of what really happened to the PDK car? You know he didn't launch for fact? You know it really happened for fact? I could log on to many boards and post problems with my GTR tranny to smear it couldn't I?

Get a life you troll..
I remember reading the post a month ago. Guy just bought his PDK, uses it as a daily driver. 3 weeks into owning it, the transmission goes stupid on him. He sent it to the dealers to get it fixed. They said they fixed it, but the problem happened again so he is getting his money back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.