997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:46 AM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
Hhmmmm....

Nissan's quest to rush the GT-R to market, and targeting the Porsche TT as their "benchmark", resulted in Nissan delivering a car that wasn't fully tested.

Very poor customer support... denying warranty on transmissions that fail...

and now Nissan's DELETING the electronic gizmo's (launch control) for next year's model...

I see a class action lawsuit on the horizion.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Quacker there is no proof that actually happened. I have asked for proof and not a soul. He posts on one board and never again. I would like to know what happened and where so I can ask the people I know at Porsche about the problem.

It takes a reasonable time to fix a LEMON. He didn't get his money back just like that. So the story appears to be bogus. I want more proof and not a soul can provide it.

In regards to the tranny with Nissan I mentioned it a while back from reliable sources that there were more than 30 logged problems relating to the tranny. Everyone wanted to say it was one. NAGTROC wants to turn a blind eye to the problem. I can tell you if there was a problem on the Turbos and it wasn't getting resolved you would have the board behind you instead of making you out to be the bad guy.

I would like to see the counter the NAGTROC boys will have because in so many posts they said - BMW dumbed down the SMG LC and Ferrari left it out. GUESS WHAT FANBOYS? How does the FOOT TASTE?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Having no LC will not affect the car's straight line performance at all. GTR owners in Nagtroc are getting 11.7sec @ 120mph quarter mile times with STOCK car, STOCK tires and NO LC.
Nissan should've followed Ferrari's and Merc footsteps by reomoving LC for the American market when the GTR was first released. Oh well, hard lesson learnt.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Quacker there is no proof that actually happened. I have asked for proof and not a soul. He posts on one board and never again. I would like to know what happened and where so I can ask the people I know at Porsche about the problem.

It takes a reasonable time to fix a LEMON. He didn't get his money back just like that. So the story appears to be bogus. I want more proof and not a soul can provide it.

In regards to the tranny with Nissan I mentioned it a while back from reliable sources that there were more than 30 logged problems relating to the tranny. Everyone wanted to say it was one. NAGTROC wants to turn a blind eye to the problem. I can tell you if there was a problem on the Turbos and it wasn't getting resolved you would have the board behind you instead of making you out to be the bad guy.

I would like to see the counter the NAGTROC boys will have because in so many posts they said - BMW dumbed down the SMG LC and Ferrari left it out. GUESS WHAT FANBOYS? How does the FOOT TASTE?
I've tried searching for the thread. It's on here somewhere. The guy eventually wanted his money back cos Porsche couldn't fix his PDK properly.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:24 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Oh wait now the GTR fanboys will say they have an exclusive and its worth more!

That will be classic because having it still doesn't mean you can use it. Also go ahead and pay 10-15K for the new gears. But if they break due to feeling safe then you will have another problem again. How many people can actually work on the tranny? It is not like you can take it to AAMCO.

You know, they do have access to a double-clutch gearbox with launch control that works. It's the one they use in the Veyron. That would solve Nissan's problems. Problem is, it wouldn't be a bargain basement supercar anymore!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2008/11/2008-la-auto-show-2010-nissan-gt-r-loses-launch-control.html

Funny how Edmunds continues to carry a blind eye to the GT-R. The one they had for the long term test was in the shopw 4 different times for a combined total of over a month and they still tried to bash guys who've had problems with their cars. Go read it for yourself, it stayed in the shop with various problems until they had to take the tranny out and replace it because they couldnt fix it.

And now this, they spin it as if every GT-R that has broken has been abused.

-Never once mentioning that your warranty is void for using it.
-Never once reiterating the fact that they didnt have to pay for their second tranny.

This is a joke. Nissan pwns edmunds.
Perhaps Edmunds has their hand in Nissan's back pocket.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
You know, all of this could have been avoided if they were to offer a manual, but if they did this I would highly doubt it to be a turbo killer or a ring king! Sucks. I happen to like the car, but the only way I would consider it is if it lost some weight and had a stronger gearbox. Half the fun in owning a car is modding it. If it's having issues in stock form, what's the point of it?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:27 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Quacker
Having no LC will not affect the car's straight line performance at all. GTR owners in Nagtroc are getting 11.7sec @ 120mph quarter mile times with STOCK car, STOCK tires and NO LC.
Nissan should've followed Ferrari's and Merc footsteps by reomoving LC for the American market when the GTR was first released. Oh well, hard lesson learnt.
11.7 is the achievement of 1 guy. Most others are well into the 12's. FWIW stock C6 has hit in the 11's also, but again it is the accomplishment of one guy.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:43 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Quacker
I've tried searching for the thread. It's on here somewhere. The guy eventually wanted his money back cos Porsche couldn't fix his PDK properly.
Not on this forum. It was on some automotive forum that isn't very popular called Piston Heads. The guy has 5 posts and never showed resolution. Hasn't posted since Sept?

He doesn't know if it is gearbox failure or something similiar?

Look up Porsche PDK Failure online and see how many hits you get.

Look up GTR DSG Voided Warranty and see how many you get.

So did the "Porsche" PDK owner get Porsche/Dealer to buy his car back, fix the problem, or was it a real problem to start with?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:12 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
11.7 is the achievement of 1 guy. Most others are well into the 12's. FWIW stock C6 has hit in the 11's also, but again it is the accomplishment of one guy.

Exactly. There is one 11.7 and one 11.9, the rest are well into the 12's. Some even using LC and will turn to 12.3-12.5 or worse without the LC.

Dont forget this is during the best time of the year to go as well. So it only goes downhill from here.

I hate to think what the guys who ran 12.2 @ 114 are going to run now.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:31 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Exactly. There is one 11.7 and one 11.9, the rest are well into the 12's. Some even using LC and will turn to 12.3-12.5 or worse without the LC.

Dont forget this is during the best time of the year to go as well. So it only goes downhill from here.

I hate to think what the guys who ran 12.2 @ 114 are going to run now.
I bow down to you man...You called it...

It's official...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/20/n...rom-2010-gt-r/

To all the GT-R fanboys who were drooling over quarter mile times, I'm laughing so hard that I had to put on a pair of Depends...

Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Bobby...you need to get that checked out. You are too young for Depends...

Old 11-20-2008, 11:05 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Lolol

Old 11-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Jeez, Louise. If only Nissan had consulted with HC before including launch control in the car. This is becoming a joke. I bet they will be fixing a lot of busted trannys--those already busted and those yet to bust.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Sometimes, it's just too easy...

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.