997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:39 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Quacker
So let me get this straight, Porsche tests the GTR and got 7:54 and driver Republic tests the GTR on a damp track and with the slower Bridgestones and got 7:55. Nissan was right - Porsche really needs driving lessons for the GTR.

You can divert all you want, but like I've said all along it's likely that Porsche got the premium model thinking it's faster like everyone else. So he likely ran on bridgestones too. And DR got 7:55.9 which is almost 8 minutes, barely faster than Nissan's time in the R33.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Well ///M Kevin, apparently there's a recall on BMW's with dual clutch transmissions and its due to problems with the transmission that BMW can't seem to fix right. So much for the ///M badge eh?
The guys^^^have already explained BMW's dual clutch problem so I won't get into it but whatever the case, BMW is willing to fix the problem instead of running away from it. You won't see BMW and Porsche deleting any options or functions if they run into a problem. Nissan, on the other hand, has proven that by taking away the LC next year.

Oh, and BMW is fixing their dual clutch problem free of charge. They're not charging their customers 20K. Oh damn. That's what I call standing behind your product.

Last edited by ///M Kevin; 11-22-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:48 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Well ///M Kevin, apparently there's a recall on BMW's with dual clutch transmissions and its due to problems with the transmission that BMW can't seem to fix right. So much for the ///M badge eh?
What does that have to do with anything? Seriously...ask yourself. Does that have ANYTHING to do with Nissan's failure? BMW's recall = covered under warranty.

Your arguments are weak...just the GT-R's transmission.

Last edited by bbywu; 11-22-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:56 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
So let me get this straight, Porsche tests the GTR and got 7:54 and driver Republic tests the GTR on a damp track and with the slower Bridgestones and got 7:55. Nissan was right - Porsche really needs driving lessons for the GTR.
So let me get this straight...Nissan has figured out a way to defy the laws of physics and statistics by running 3 standard deviations out of the normal regression for power to weight ratio on the 'Ring?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:57 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Quacker = Z07, might as well get used to the ignorant arguements.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:33 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
What does that have to do with anything? Seriously...ask yourself. Does that have ANYTHING to do with Nissan's failure? BMW's recall = covered under warranty.

It's an immature response, like when kids argue. When one of the kids starts losing the argument, he brings up some totally irrelevant thing in an attempt to hurt the winner's feelings.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
The 7:55 was on a damp track and on Bridgstones. The Bridgestones are notoriously crap in the wet. Examples: One Lap of America, Targa Tasmania Australia etc. If Harris was on the Dunlops - i wouldn't be surprised if he lapped the car 15 sec faster.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Do you pretend to be ill informed or are you born that way? It is a software upgrade for rapid deceleration in which the tranny can stall. It tried to rev match but it wasn't doing it properly. At least it is not not breaking at acceleration!

Let's see software upgrade which would only happen to some people for BMW with DCT and a complete recall ON ALL JAPANESE GTR oil pumps which would effect the entire motor!! Hmm which one is worse? A stalling of your engine or the blowing up of one?

I am amazed that you even had enough brains to register let alone type.
A problem is still a problem. BMW should've done more R&D, especially when their cars are selling for that much!
And as for Nissan? Well true, the oil pump problems are inexcusable but the "blowing up" of the transmissions is just exaggeration from you and other 'haters' on this forum - not a design fault or manufacturing flaw, but is just due to abuse by the "stupid" owners.
And before you start telling me how much "brains i lack" you should look in the mirror.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You can divert all you want, but like I've said all along it's likely that Porsche got the premium model thinking it's faster like everyone else. So he likely ran on bridgestones too. And DR got 7:55.9 which is almost 8 minutes, barely faster than Nissan's time in the R33.

So Porsche "thinks" that the premium model is faster so they tested the premium model - despite the fact that Nissan said that the 7:29 was done on Dunlops, and the whole world knows that as a fact as well? So are you making excuses for Porsche's ignorance now?

The 7:55 was "barely faster than Nissan's time in the R33" Do you actually believe that the R35 is as fast as the R33? If you do, then you are really in need of help.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Banned

If you had read PROPERLY, it's a response to Mr BMW man ie ///M Kevin's comment of "G(Guranteed) T(transmission) R(replacement)" How ironic.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:48 PM
If you had read PROPERLY, it's a response to Mr BMW man ie ///M Kevin's comment of "G(Guranteed) T(transmission) R(replacement)" How ironic.
I did read it properly. Capitalizing the word doesn't change anything. The problems surrounding the recall are in fact recognized and covered by warranty. Nissan has failed to admit a problem, failed to cover an advertised function under warranty, and failed to support the function in future models. What is the underlying theme? Failed. Just like your argument.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
This is undoubtedly Z07, I've been studying his posts. He isnt bright enough to hide it very well for long, and the stupid screen names always give him away.

Not even in the same ballpark. But you're Z07, I dont expect better of you.
Well HC, if you had spent as much time studying your own posts as you do studying mine - i'm sure you'll pick out a lot of flaws in your argument that aren't very "bright".

I'm not Z07. I'm Z2008.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm not Z07. I'm Z2008.
Again, the more you speak, the greater the failure...

Attached Images  

Last edited by bbywu; 11-22-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned
I did read it properly. Capitalizing the word doesn't change anything. The problems surrounding the recall are in fact recognized and covered by warranty. Nissan has failed to admit a problem, failed to cover an advertised function under warranty, and failed to support the function in future models. What is the underlying theme? Failed. Just like your argument.
A well informed individual would laugh at your "Nissan has failed to admit a problem, failed to cover an advertised function under warranty, and failed to support the function in future models" comment. Either you are very ill informed or just plain trolling. I won't go into the details as to why you are wrong - it's been beaten to death enough already.
And i know that you failed to understand my response to ///M Kevin's mocking of the GTR acronym ie G(Guranteed) T(Transmission) R(Replacement), because if you did, you wouldn't of have replied..."what's that got to do with anything" comment. So who is the TRUE failure here?

Last edited by Quacker; 11-22-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:13 PM
A well informed individual would laugh at your "Nissan has failed to admit a problem, failed to cover an advertised function under warranty, and failed to support the function in future models" comment. Either you are very ill informed or just plain trolling. I won't go into the details as to why you are wrong - it's been beaten to death enough already. So who is the TRUE failure here?
Circular arguments. Again, weak.

Trolling in my own backyard. Weak.

45 posts total...all on this thread - really really really weak.

You won't go into details again because - you're weak.

There is only one true failure:

Attached Images  

Last edited by bbywu; 11-22-2008 at 03:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.