997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Are you really that dense in real life?

How many of them do you think have tunes and not saying they do because Nissan has people on the boards? Man you are just that thick headed.

Go away...
And you know that as a fact? What, are you psychic? Too bad you're not psychic eh, cos if you were - you wouldn't of have wasted your money on a turbo and got a GTR instead!
Why don't you just admit that you're a GTR hater and we'll just leave it at that. No point in trying to persuade you otherwise - its like trying to tell the KKK that black people are still people. And no point for me to start abusing you back either.

Last edited by Quacker; 11-25-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:29 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Abusing me? You are still a joke and more so now.

So Quacker and Trommel are the same people no? References of Klan and now KKK.

Umm Quaker use a better analogy. The KKK understood that African Americans are people just as much as Jews, Catholics, Immigrants and Communists. They didn't like them.

So next time you and Trommel want to reference Klan and KKK don't. I hope they ban the both of you very soon.

TROLL.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 AM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
OK all of you KNOCK off the personal insults or some are going to get some time off....it will not be a day or two either.

....and get rid of the racial analogies...6 SP has NO place for it.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:35 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
That stopped the chit-chat. You guys can speak to one another, just be nice!

Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
I heard that "IB Tim" is a racist and (worse) is a GT-R hater.

I just got back from dinner with my wife. I took the 997TT after several weeks of driving just the GT-R. My wife's summary: "You have to admit that the Porsche feels and sounds a lot better and faster. Beside, the GT-R is hideous."

Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chrisn
...or just enjoying the GT-R for what it is: a unique car that is very very fast and also fun to drive. I just got back from my standard run through the local twisties, and I have no regrets.
And you shouldn't. Excellent post, and i'm sure it's an excellent car as well, GL with it.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:27 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by IB Tim
OK all of you KNOCK off the personal insults or some are going to get some time off....it will not be a day or two either.

....and get rid of the racial analogies...6 SP has NO place for it.

Nuff said! This is how you regulate!

Old 11-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts

I just got back from dinner with my wife. I took the 997TT after several weeks of driving just the GT-R. My wife's summary: "You have to admit that the Porsche feels and sounds a lot better and faster. Beside, the GT-R is hideous."
I agree that the turbo sounds nicer, looks nicer and feels nicer. But on the track it does'nt hold a candle to the GTR.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:34 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Are you married to HC?

Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !

I love ALL cars....the best Mazda "Kaan"

That are quick.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:25 AM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by eclou
Are you married to HC?
bwahahaha.... you killed me!

Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold

Your wife sounds like a wonderful woman.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Quacker
I agree that the turbo sounds nicer, looks nicer and feels nicer. But on the track it does'nt hold a candle to the GTR.

Of course it can't, it has no arms or hands, but it sure outruns the GTR at the 'ring!

Old 11-26-2008, 10:46 AM
maxboost is infamous around these partsmaxboost is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Akira
I am sure the results are 100% correct. GTR was slower then 911TT and GT2 when driven by Porsche engineer. But I have to ask you, what incentive does Porsche engineer have to drive GTR at its limit, possibly beating his own creations?

Would you guys have believed the story if it was the other way around?

One positive note is that Porsche is taking on the competition seriously. This is good news for the next generation 911TT.

yes they are

Old 11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned
I have yet to see a test where the turbo beats the GTR on a track - apart from the claim from Porsche. And we all know how fair, honest and unbias Porsche is when commenting about its rival, Nissan.

Last edited by Quacker; 11-26-2008 at 11:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.