997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:21 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I think Nissan should have branded it an Infinity and alleviated alot of the service concerns. Sell it at a price that it could sustain profitability and afford to service problems. Right now, it smells like every car sold is effectively "grey market" without support for major issues.

I think the upcharge for the V-spec is ludicrous, and on the lines of the DBS over a DB9. Even the Porsche GT2 upcharge is ridiculous over a TT. One thing is certain, this economic downturn should give the manufacturers a quick dose of reality

Old 12-01-2008, 08:23 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
You are a litte late to the party arent' you? More than a few isolated cases and there are more than 30+ reported tranny problems ranging from noise to failure.

Solenoids can only be an excuse for so long. Where is the national campagin for updated software? I am sure it needs a few. BMW addressed this quickly and without blaming everyone else but themselves for the problems.

The track? Give me a break read the news with the GTR trackers. Hot tranny temps, brake not up to par for track, boiling brake fluid, cracked rotors, limp mode, etc. Tires chunking. yay for the R888's coming to the rescue. But wait Nissan says they can deny warranty on changing the wheels/tires out for aftermarket!!

No one is saying any car is perfect but you have more 1/4 mile fanboys then you do track junkies with the GTR's. Why is that? Can't say that about Porsche drivers and the Porsche brand.

"THE RING" times were Nissan's attempt at capturing the throne but what they did was capture the failure of their marketing efforts in an attempt the dethrone years of development and wins. Nissan can win all they want in Europe and Japan but that won't cut the mustard where it really counts.

I haven't said I wouldn't buy one. I have said until I see that Nissan can step up to the plate and get service and warranty in place I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole.

You can read the rest if you are interested not going to retype.

I have driven a GTR hard enough around the streets to know that it is not comfortable with the Run Flats and its not as fast as my Turbo 30-120. I know for a fact on that one and if it were I would not care as I have a complete package with warranty and a service department that has bent over backwards for me when asked.

Until Nissan can step up to Infinity's side of service they have lots of learn. Their sales people need a few lessons in "TRUTH" 101.
Hello Alpine_997! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Perhaps Porsche and Nissan could make a deal. Nissan can teach Porsche how to drive, and Porsche can teach Nissan a thing or two about customer satisfaction!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
Guys keep this nice or it will get closed....

Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
IB Tim - could you please explain the rules of being nice when debating the merits of cars? The last few posts have not been personal and as long as it stays that way I do not see what is wrong with it?

Old 12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I too, thought we were behaving better now.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
+1 I was thinking the same thing.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Us Porsche Fanboys are now a kinder, gentler, sort.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:40 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't go that far now !! Just more civil when we need to be

Do not need the ban gods watching over us like Big Brother

Old 12-01-2008, 03:12 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
I take personal offense when people point out flaws and potential flaws in the GT-R.

Mods: please ban any and all offenders.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I guess that's goodbye for me!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisn
I take personal offense when people point out flaws and potential flaws in the GT-R.

Mods: please ban any and all offenders.
I take personal offense in the brutally hideous design of the GT-R...and the Panamera for that matter. Please ban both cars.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I take personal offense to bewildered nonsensical fanboys that have no interest in Porsche and arent here for any such matter. Please ban them all.

At least find the ones that have been banned already (several times acutally) and ban them again. I can give you some clues.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:28 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bbywu
I take personal offense in the brutally hideous design of the GT-R...and the Panamera for that matter. Please ban both cars.
You guys are going to laugh, but I actually have a Panamera on order as well-- although the bubble butt is giving me pause. I guess I go for the inner beauty....

Maybe I'll get an award for Ugliest Stable

Old 12-01-2008, 05:30 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisn
You guys are going to laugh, but I actually have a Panamera on order as well-- although the bubble butt is giving me pause. I guess I go for the inner beauty....

Maybe I'll get an award for Ugliest Stable
ROFL... you know what, I seem to remember everyone saying the same things about the Cayenne about 4-5 years ago and now look

Old 12-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Good point. I think it will grow on people. The front looks awesome.

And it's a Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.