997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 07:06 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Quacker
Monarocountry, you conveniently left out the REAL reason that the GTR DNF was the fact that it had blown one of it's Bridgestone tires and could not find a replacement. Because the rules prevented them from running different tires, the team had to retire the car.
All this biggering is getting nowhere. I provide legite anti-bias info, whereas the rest of you anti-GTR guys change, manipulate, exaggerate and create disparaging info on the GTR. Who ever said that 'cheaters never win' are absolutely wrong in this case.
At the end of the day, i can guarantee that any of you will be faster on the track in a GTR than in a turbo or GT2. And that is what counts.
Bring some to the 24 hours of Nurburgring and prove it under a highly scrutinized setting. One in which we can rule out mods and be fairly sure of equal driver skill.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Monarocountry, you conveniently left out the REAL reason that the GTR DNF was the fact that it had blown one of it's Bridgestone tires and could not find a replacement. Because the rules prevented them from running different tires, the team had to retire the car.
All this biggering is getting nowhere. I provide legite anti-bias info, whereas the rest of you anti-GTR guys change, manipulate, exaggerate and create disparaging info on the GTR. Who ever said that 'cheaters never win' are absolutely wrong in this case.
At the end of the day, i can guarantee that any of you will be faster on the track in a GTR than in a turbo or GT2. And that is what counts.
You can garauntee? Based on what? How many laps do you have in both? Do you even drive on a track or is your complete existence tied into mag racing.

Man shutup and go and drive something on a track. You dont have the slightest idea what you're talking about. And I bet you I could match or beat the GTR in a TT, and I'd waist it in the GT2, as would most other people.

You are the worst troll ever.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Dez YOU BETTER COME BROsef.

I dont need to show up, I can go anytime between the day after your birthday and the end of January and catch and beat you by the time you finish your first lap on the 13th.

J/K We'll see man, if I'm in town, I'm there.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You can garauntee? Based on what? How many laps do you have in both? Do you even drive on a track or is your complete existence tied into mag racing.

Man shutup and go and drive something on a track. You dont have the slightest idea what you're talking about. And I bet you I could match or beat the GTR in a TT, and I'd waist it in the GT2, as would most other people.

Of course you could beat the GTR in a TT and GT2 HC. Hell, you could even beat the GTR in a VW beetle driven in reverse and with only one arm on the steering wheel if you wanted to, just to prove your point.
For the rest of the 'average to competent' track drivers out there who holds no bias against any car and who will try to extract the maximum from any car - they will be faster in the GTR than in the GT2. Forget the turbo, anyone in the GTR, amateur or pro, will be faster.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Of course you could beat the GTR in a TT and GT2 HC. Hell, you could even beat the GTR in a VW beetle driven in reverse and with only one arm on the steering wheel if you wanted to, just to prove your point.
For the rest of the 'average to competent' track drivers out there who holds no bias against any car and who will try to extract the maximum from any car - they will be faster in the GTR than in the GT2. Forget the turbo, anyone in the GTR, amateur or pro, will be faster.
B.S. Grow up!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts

And yes, i have tracked before. And from personal experience in the GTR and turbo and numerous other cars, i can guarantee you that anyone will be faster in the GTR than in the turbo. The GTR is just so much more easier to control and manipulate thanks largely to its transmission and awd system. The turbo's awd system is prehistoric compared with the GTR's.
And the GT2? what with over 500 horses going to only the rear wheels in a rear engine car? Goodluck trying to extract its maximum potential when you're an amateur driver or even a pro. You're talking out of your *** HC. Go and drive the GTR first and then report back. Maybe then, the BS will finally stop from you.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
How about this

HC in any of the above will beat Quacker in any of the above.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned
That's not the point is it?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
How about this

HC in any of the above will beat Quacker in any of the above.
I have no track time in a car but I'll bet money I could beat Quacker with my car!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 PM
That's not the point is it?

That only confirms that point that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 PM
silk is infamous around these partssilk is infamous around these parts
And yes, i have tracked before. And from personal experience in the GTR and turbo and numerous other cars, i can guarantee you that anyone will be faster in the GTR than in the turbo. The GTR is just so much more easier to control and manipulate thanks largely to its transmission and awd system. The turbo's awd system is prehistoric compared with the GTR's.
And the GT2? what with over 500 horses going to only the rear wheels in a rear engine car? Goodluck trying to extract its maximum potential when you're an amateur driver or even a pro. You're talking out of your *** HC. Go and drive the GTR first and then report back. Maybe then, the BS will finally stop from you.
Well said Quacker, the GT-R just feels modern if compare with Porsche turbos. You have to be one to make the comparison ! I agree with you that most drivers will do better on track with GT-R than with Porsches !

You guys shouldn't argue unless you have been in a GTR ! Hope nobody that this conversation personally, just be happy and move on !!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 AM
AreTee is infamous around these parts
What a thread! Hah!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
A DNF is a DNF, thats what I reported. Explain to me why I should explain the whole life story and all the excuses when it comes to the GTR? If what you say is true then the Nissan GTR has a knack of blowing up its tyres, could this be attributed to its weight? Also who in their right mind would take a race prepped car on a multi day and challenging event with just one set of tyres? This is either one extremely bad planning by the professional Dounut King crew or a convenient excuse.

The main thing there is the results of both the GT2 and GTR when both were still running. The GT2 clearly handed the GTR its a$$ (on a dry stage).

R35 Nissan GT-R world competition debut at Targa Tasmania

<small><!-- by Liam -->April 27th, 2008 Posted in Motorsports, Nissan

</small>
The 2008 Targa Tasmania event marked the international racing debut for the new R35 Nissan GT-R. Sadly, the event didn’t go entirely to plan for the big Nissan, forced to withdraw from the event on Day 2 with suspension problems.
You can read more about the car’s involvement at Targa at gtrblog.com. There are also more pics below of the car at Targa Tasmania.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:40 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts

Look back to my Targa Tasmania post, the turbo (and the GT2) slaughter the GTR.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:42 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
now owners are filing complaints to the FTC over Nissan's restriction that only Nissan fluid can be used in the GR6 grind-box

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.