997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
is it heavycheavy lol?

Old 12-13-2008, 02:22 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Look at the guy in the ege sushi place on the far right.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Question ?

When's the next update for GT5 ? I hear them new US tooners are startin to show up and I don't mean any tuner from few blocks away from 7/11, but the baddest, meanest American supercar tooner bad boy John H Performance that's been turnin vipers into veyron killers

All I can say is he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYBGx8uKQLA

Imagine what a 700hp GTR could do to a ZR-1, engine disassembled and upgraded *cough* by a badass tuner that knows his **** from V10's/12's and Veyrons

http://wot.motortrend.com/6388470/tu...t-r/index.html

Who's your daddy ?

Note: If anything breaks you'll have to take it up with Nissan sales they've been spreading their LC BS for months, John H is an honest man and he never ever tried to rip anyone off.

Last edited by Mizuno; 12-13-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:01 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Lol.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:04 AM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
[quote=Mizuno;2171970]Question ?

John H is an honest man and he never ever tried to rip anyone off.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
[quote=trumperZ06;2172062]
Originally Posted by Mizuno
Question ?

John H is an honest man and he never ever tried to rip anyone off.
this last post by mizuno might just be the funniest of the entire thread........

Old 12-13-2008, 01:53 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I'm going to have to show my ignorance here. I know who Hennessey is and that he has specialized in Vipers, but not much more. I take it he has taken a few people "for a ride", so to speak?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
HenneSCREWED!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by USCCayman
I'm going to have to show my ignorance here. I know who Hennessey is and that he has specialized in Vipers, but not much more. I take it he has taken a few people "for a ride", so to speak?

yes, a few in many years. I remember in the viper forum back in 2000, there was a thread were several people posted that they had their vipers built by H and they came back and had them dynoed to verify and the dyno numbers were stock. I had a friend at the time that was involved in all that as he knew the guys that had issues. He ended up going to a local tuner to get his car done instead of H. There was a few H cars rolling around that were fast, however, so I am not sure what the outcome of all this was.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:11 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Prche951
yes, a few in many years. I remember in the viper forum back in 2000, there was a thread were several people posted that they had their vipers built by H and they came back and had them dynoed to verify and the dyno numbers were stock. I had a friend at the time that was involved in all that as he knew the guys that had issues. He ended up going to a local tuner to get his car done instead of H. There was a few H cars rolling around that were fast, however, so I am not sure what the outcome of all this was.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed!

Old 12-13-2008, 05:02 PM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
Do a Google search on "John Hennessy lawsuit" amonst others.

His reputation with the Viper Nation became so tarnished...

Ole John planned to start modding Corvettes. Word quickly got out to
the Vette crowd... and he moved on.

Truly amazing... how he survived... with all the lawsuits and Texas Better Business Bureau complaints.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:25 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Somehow he's managed to maintain a positive image with most auto magazines...but those in the know will stay away.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks, Galactus, and others. Wow, didn't know about all of this. Of course, there are always two sides to a story, but in Hennessey's case, one side seems to be stronger than the other after reading the above. If I had just paid 80 + grand for a GTR or other supercar, I'd definitely think twice before sending it to this "good ole boy".

Old 12-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by USCCayman
Thanks, Galactus, and others. Wow, didn't know about all of this. Of course, there are always two sides to a story, but in Hennessey's case, one side seems to be stronger than the other after reading the above. If I had just paid 80 + grand for a GTR or other supercar, I'd definitely think twice before sending it to this "good ole boy".
Working with Hennessey was a hit or miss thing. Back in 2000 time frame, I had heard of 3-4 guys on the forums that had been screwed big time by him and I think the above was one of them. But there was also another local viper guy that had a well done viper. So it seems like for every 4 that got scammed 1 got the goods, and I am sure every car that went to the mags was perfect as this creates visible reputation. The Hennessey Viper 1000 and the Ford GT 1000 that were entered in the Speedvision shootout this year were real fast cars and they showed it.. But again they were in a TV show so there is no way Hennessey was going to screw those up.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:12 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Racing - there isn't a FIA formula which the GT-R (which is after all a street car) comfortably fits into. It's not difficult to figure out that it will need to be RWD if it's to race in any GT class.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.