997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
HC, where did the quote come from?

Old 12-14-2008, 06:53 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
On the Cayman Club site, there are some folks claiming that a few stock Cayman S's have reached a top speed in the area of 184 mph. I wish. I'm not that delusional. Sounds like a huge speedo error in the other direction.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
earlier this week one of my friends saw that i had a new gt-r and he owns a near endless piece of open pavement. Well i was offered the chance to take my gt-r on this great piece of land to see how fast it would really go. Now i've seen the motor trend video of the car hitting 192 mph but with all the crap about higher hp magazine cars i wanted to find out what a real production gt-r would do. I had no extra weight in the car, my gt-r felt like a cruise ship with its anchor out after 170 mph, i was stunned at this point that it was not pulling like my old 997 turbo(198 speedo, 202 gps) after all was said and done the car hit <!--coloro:#ff0000--><!--/coloro-->182 mph<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--> and the car held it for about 20 seconds not pulling another mph. There was a little downhill towards the end of the runway which the car pushed to 184 mph on but nothing amazing to me. I didn't have my gps with me but i will be going back sometime soon with my gps to get a comparable speed to my old porsche, who knows how different the speedometers read. I was beyond unsatisfied after this poor effort from "godzilla" please don't say 182 is still very fast, because it takes a huge horsepower difference to gain 11 mph top speed which is the claimed top speed(193).

interesting, another gt-r that felt sluggish (anchor out) at 170 mph, and tapped out at 182. Yet the ring(er) gt-r (for which this thread is dedicated), hit 180 mph twice. Chris's gt-r was a customer model as well. Motor trends was a press vehicle. That may be in the realm of false advertising to be that far off the top speed claims.

Funny that his porsche underpromised and over delivered and just the opposite for the gt-r. <!--ibf.attachment_382590-->
hey 182 is still fast

Old 12-14-2008, 07:03 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chrisn
Spend millions deleting LC? You obviously don't know much about computers. LC delete is a 1/2 day job for an engineer plus a day of testing. Few thousand max.

JohnTurbo has publicly stated that he has done ~100 LCs without problem
Your talking about changes done on one vehicle. Im talking about changes done on the whole production line. Small changes costs millions. If you want to take it individually then just think of this.........at least 4hr x $90 x 10's of thousand Nissan GTR's.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
182 is still fast

Old 12-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisn

JohnTurbo has publicly stated that he has done ~100 LCs without problem

in the immortal words of yoda:

one, does not a working sample make

Old 12-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Or, we want hard data, not testimonial.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:55 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Old 12-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Apex12 is infamous around these parts
the gtr lap times are not a lie and porsche needs to face it that nissan has made a better car all around. This fight is over. However Nissan needs to face the fact that is has challenged porsche. Nissan will have to face the larger funds of porsche, along with all porsche engineers and the rescources from porsche owned companies, VW, audi, lambo, buggati who are already taking apart GT-R's and learing how to make a better car. right now nissan is in the lead but wait for the new 911 turbo and watch it tear nissan apart limb from limb.

Last edited by Apex12; 12-14-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
ok...........

wait for it..................................

Old 12-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
ok...........

wait for it..................................

what are we waiting for

Old 12-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
You Fanbois are still at it?....Drove a 997 turbo and GTR again today. Spent more time in the turbo this time - around 2 hours, and only 1 hour in GTR. Turbo still feels outdated, no matter how much i try to tell myself otherwise. Nice leather interior though...

Old 12-14-2008, 08:49 PM
ORLY?

courtesy of Z07

Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Quacker
You Fanbois are still at it?....Drove a 997 turbo and GTR again today. Spent more time in the turbo this time - around 2 hours, and only 1 hour in GTR. Turbo still feels outdated, no matter how much i try to tell myself otherwise. Nice leather interior though...
Apart from Nissan fanbois I think we can all agree that most people would rather take and be seen in a Porsche than an unreliable Datsun

Old 12-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Apex12
the gtr lap times are not a lie and porsche needs to face it that nissan has made a better car all around.
Driver Republic also hinted that the Nissan time was a lie and that the GT2's time is close to spot on.

Autocar has also hinted that the current R35 Nurburgring time is also a lie and has previously proven that the R33 nurburgring time was also a lie.

However Nissan needs to face the fact that is has challenged porsche. Nissan will have to face the larger funds of porsche, along with all porsche engineers and the rescources from porsche owned companies, VW, audi, lambo, buggati who are already taking apart GT-R's and learing how to make a better car. right now nissan is in the lead but wait for the new 911 turbo and watch it tear nissan apart limb from limb.
Porsche has already taken apart and tested the Nissan GTR, their response was................Nissan BSed their 7:29 time and that the GTR isnt a worthy foe stock. Nissan later responded saying that Porsche drove their cars harder than what they would have liked, not follow the maintenance procedures properly (which is inspection by a Nissan engineer every outing), and that Porsche drivers cant drive. I say, what a pathetic and lame response from Nissan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.