997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Henjie is infamous around these parts
Since some of you guys are quick to believe Porsche's statements, I'll ask these questions again:

1.) Do any of you actually believe that a Porsche test engineer managed a time of 7:38 for the 997TT, even one shod with MPSCs? Keep in mind that HvS' only managed 7:54 during Sport Auto's Supertest, and yes, the one he drove was also shod with MPSCs, and the lap was done on a closed track. I believe HvS also stated that 7:38 (what Porsche was claiming then) is impossible to achieve with the 997TT.

2.) If that Porsche test engineer is actually so good to be able to get that 7:38 997TT time (and he should be really good if his 997 GT2 time is 7:34), how come his GT-R time of 7:54 is 4 seconds slower that HvS' shakedown time (7:50) of a pre-production GT-R, on a partially wet and open track? Could it be that the Porsche test engineer is out of his element with the GT-R, being used to Porsches in general and the 911 platform in particular? Or maybe the Porsche representative who made the statement simply plucked the 7:38 time out of thin air?

Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 PM
eclivia is infamous around these parts
This thread is soo funny. I dont blame all the porsche fanboys backing up there 997tt tho. I dont own either car and i would take a 997tt over a GTR, if i have to choose one. but i would give props to GTR for being faster then 997tt. ITS a fact that GTR is faster, mag test, independent, even a member from here say so. But some fanboys cant admited. Im disappointed with porsche doing such thing. =(

Old 10-03-2008, 10:45 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclivia
This thread is soo funny. I dont blame all the porsche fanboys backing up there 997tt tho. I dont own either car and i would take a 997tt over a GTR, if i have to choose one. but i would give props to GTR for being faster then 997tt. ITS a fact that GTR is faster, mag test, independent, even a member from here say so. But some fanboys cant admited. Im disappointed with porsche doing such thing. =(
Heh...Fanboy....

"I don't own a 997TT"

"I don't own a GT-R"

"I've contributed a grand total of 3 posts"

"I make arguments based on what other people have said and done."

Who's the fanboy?

Old 10-03-2008, 10:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sakred
So wait is there any magazine, or documented head to head test where the 997 Turbo has shown to be faster then the GTR on a track????

Id like to porsche Fanboys to answer that question.

Hammad
2:43 Road America

Hmm...I wonder what my 996TT (a less HP, softer spring rate) was running in stock form a year ago?

Last edited by bbywu; 10-03-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM
eclivia is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Heh...Fanboy....

"I don't own a 997TT"

"I don't own a GT-R"

"I've contributed a grand total of 3 posts"

"I make arguments based on what other people have said and done."

Who's the fanboy?
HAHA heres one fanboy ^^

Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
The Car & Driver One Lap GTR turned laps 35+ seconds slower than my 9977tt and even my 944 turbo at TWS.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
The Car & Driver One Lap GTR turned laps 35+ seconds slower than my 9977tt and even my 944 turbo at TWS.
I read your posts on NAGTROC...nice to see you keep'n them honest...
Swans personal comments on C&D's blog about their TWS run, they had plenty of excuses about "too much standing water." But 2:30 average lap time in the wet? That's not even considering their diismal quarter mile, 12.8s due to the "inability to make the launch control work in a drag-strip environment." A likely excuse.

Last edited by bbywu; 10-04-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:48 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
So wait is there any magazine, or documented head to head test where the 997 Turbo has shown to be faster then the GTR on a track????

Id like to porsche Fanboys to answer that question.

Hammad

How about this test where the ring driver (Toshio) beat the GT-R in the Turbo??? In fact the original articles said the TT was faster. Notice "almost identically faster" but in the test at Leguna where the GT-R was .3 faster, they made sure to note it.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=119599

Doesnt get any better than Nissan beaing their own car in the TT. Maybe we can hire Toshio to drive the TT at the ring since Walter hasnt done so.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Sakred is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
How about this test where the ring driver (Toshio) beat the GT-R in the Turbo??? In fact the original articles said the TT was faster. Notice "almost identically faster" but in the test at Leguna where the GT-R was .3 faster, they made sure to note it.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=119599

Doesnt get any better than Nissan beaing their own car in the TT. Maybe we can hire Toshio to drive the TT at the ring since Walter hasnt done so.

Thats a link to a car configurator for a free price quote genius. Post the correct link and lets see this article. The GTR was a lot faster then the 997 TT and the stock vettes in the one lap.

Hammad

Old 10-04-2008, 07:10 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Thats a link to a car configurator for a free price quote genius. Post the correct link and lets see this article. The GTR was a lot faster then the 997 TT and the stock vettes in the one lap.

Hammad
Show us the 997tt in the 2008 One Lap and we will call you "Mr. Genius"

Old 10-04-2008, 07:35 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
That's it I'm gonna go down to the datsun dealer and turn in my keys......NOT!

Old 10-04-2008, 08:11 AM

Hammad
Do a little research and realize that you've just lost all credibility...

Old 10-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Oh wait. Did you have credibility in the first place?

Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Nissan fanbois getting owned!!!!......top stuff.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:19 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../FREE/71017001
But Mizuno suggested the GT-R could get anywhere from 7:44 on up, with most laps coming in between 7:55 and 7:58. So he suggested the GT-R’s strong suit was that it offered “the best cost per lap time."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Best cost per lap time." Priceless, just priceless. Once again, GT-R owners: good car, but too heavy because built to be cheap, and ridiculous warranty term, because, yes, built to be cheap. "Cheap" is this car's mantra; its own chief engineer said it.

Kidding aside. This is where I think Nissan has gone wrong: Instead of claiming 7:44, they got greedy (greed = stupidity) and went for that shameful 7:29 mark.
Even that *other* lie, that 7:38, might have been ok to cheat with. One could always claim driver/weather/car variations.

7:29 is so outrageous that even the least intelligent and least reasonable sports car fans know it's a cheat. It's an easy proof and Porsche is going after this mark because they know: you only have to prove someone's dishonesty ONCE.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.