997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:28 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
They have basically gone on every forum saying the same thing over and over :-).
... so almost like you and heavychevy, who have spammed pretty much every car forum the internet over with your weird diatribe.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:46 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
and the cheer squad pips in.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Banned
I offer facts, you offer biased and unfounded opinions.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:57 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Galactus
2.24 0-60mph time for a 3900 pound car. Using LC over 100 times without issues! Hasn't even had the car dynoed tuned yet, and is using a mail order tune! Faster than every Porsche on this forum except for 5 cars! How many times can I use in my post before it locks up?.......

Great time, but the car needs an hour break between runs to keep things from falling apart. Direct quote from the owner:

Also keep in mind we often wait AN HOUR between passes so everything cools down nicely. I got an "AWD Clutch overheated" warning several weeks ago when we rented the track and were hotlapping it. ;-)

Old 12-20-2008, 07:17 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Don't you trolls have a place called GTR Forums and NAGTROC? Go over there and say all that you want. Present all the "facts" that you want and say what you want.

It's down to the Three Stooges defending the GTR on this post.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xh-0EDLc7VI...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xh-0EDLc7VI..._embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 12-20-2008, 10:34 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vladcanada
<object height="344" width="425">

http://www.youtube.com/v/xh-0EDLc7VI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fea ture=player_embedded&fs=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><embed src="%3Ca%20href=" http:="" www.youtube.com="" v="" xh-0edlc7vi&color1="0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fe ature=player_embedded&fs=1&quot;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xh-0EDLc7VI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fea ture=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></param"></object>
Ummm...you've been trolling for how long? And you don't know how to link a youtube video?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
It's down to the Three Stooges defending the GTR on this post.
Or the same person trolling as 3 users...

Old 12-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bbywu
Ummm...you've been trolling for how long? And you don't know how to link a youtube video?

im trolling all around, and only here it only alows url link. not cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-0EDLc7VI

Old 12-20-2008, 11:30 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
2.24 0-60mph time for a 3900 pound car. Using LC over 100 times without issues! Hasn't even had the car dynoed tuned yet, and is using a mail order tune! Faster than every Porsche on this forum except for 5 cars! How many times can I use in my post before it locks up?.......
The first 996 TT just got into the 9's around a year ago, Porsche's are not great at high power drag racing, so here's your cookie. And you'd be hard pressed to find many on that list that have been to the strip as many times as this guy has in such a short period of time.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:02 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
And yet his transmission is holding up fine to repeated LC starts with 600+ horsepower.... At least you can acknowledge that despite your hatred for the GT-R, that this is a good time for a mildly modded car with a mail order tune........Right......

First of all I could care less, secondly, I dont consider meth injection and CUSTOM maps, MICKEY THOMPSONS and that mod list all that mild. The guy has likely 200 hp over stock, especially since I think he was one of the cars that trapped 114 mph in stock form. He's gained almost 20 mph with his mods. It's a turbo car, getting power out of it is easy. Like I said, bolt on GT500's have run those times, with similar power increases and similar weight. Seen it all before.

This is one car and who knows how many time he actually launched it other than him, this is still the internet. The fact remains that the feature is GONE for 2010 and beyond and that's because it's not safe and reliable. When you have 100 GT-R's with 100 launches, then let us know, but the fact that this guys is living on borrowed time isnt very flattering.

He's only had the car 6 months tops. Woohoo, I guess we should have a party that he still has a working tranny.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Banned
Synchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Chris...Clearly the GT-R was targeted against the 997TT.
Price wise it's more like an M5 competitor. It just happens to be able to run with a 997.

I believe that's the whole point of the car's production. Of course it doesn't have the legacy and refinement of a Porsche, but when it comes down to it that's not important.

Point is, you get a pretty solid car for a reasonable price. You Porsche guys need to step off the high horse and realize the significance of this car. Finally, amazing performance for a reasonable price. Of course the first generation of GT-R's are going to have issues, but give them a few model years to work out the kinks.

I'm still holding my breath waiting on Porsche to release a car that can perform like the GT-R in the same price range.

I guess we should be comparing the GT-R to the Cayman .

Had to throw in the pompous smiley face for emphasis.

Oh, and enough babbling about tranny issues. Links > Your "stories."

Edit: I own a Suby not a GT-R, so I'm in no way a fanboy. I just respect the sheer bang for the buck.

Almost to 200...

Last edited by Synchzilla; 12-20-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The fact remains that the feature is GONE for 2010
Only for the US ...

Old 12-20-2008, 01:58 PM
jte
jte is infamous around these parts
update

Old 12-20-2008, 02:02 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
I'm still holding my breath waiting on Porsche to release a car that can perform like the GT-R in the same price range.
Porsche doesnt have enough money to do fake performance numbers, unachievable Nurburgring lap times and PR coverage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.