997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Porsche is the wealthiest car manufacturer in the world.

As we have already heard from an ex-Porsche employee, their press cars are not representative.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Banned
Synchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Porsche doesnt have enough money to do fake performance numbers, unachievable Nurburgring lap times and PR coverage.
Nor do they have a car at that price range to do it with...

Which was my point.

Any links from reputable sources backing up claims of fake performance numbers? Sorry, but I can't just take it on faith. I'm one of those silly guys that just adores evidence.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Synchzilla
Price wise it's more like an M5 competitor. It just happens to be able to run with a 997.
Your statement is completely irrelevant, and has nothing to do with my previous post. Price wasn't even in my argument, and certainly not part of my counter to Chris' post. The fact that you are jumping in this far into the thread just confirms you haven't spent any time reading.

Every promotional photo, spy photo, production photo has the GT-R with the 997TT in it's shadows. The GT-R targeted the 997TT. Matched "480" hp, AWD, seating for four...does that sound like an M5? Oh please...

Last edited by bbywu; 12-20-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned
Synchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Every promotional photo, spy photo, production photo has the GT-R with the 997TT in it's shadows. The GT-R targeted the 997TT. Matched "480" hp, AWD, seating for four...does that sound like an M5? Oh please...
Does sub $80-85k sound like a 997?

Please...

Bob (If I may call you Bob),

For those of us who don't have $150,000 to drop on a car, money plays a small role in choosing the next vehicle. While that may not be the gist of the thread, in all fairness it can't be left out. You have to compare apples to apples Bob, unless one apple has the ***** to be able to compete with an orange. The fact that I can indulge in the taste of an orange for far less is of great importance to me. Yes, there might be flaws in that delusion of an orange, but honestly it's still just an apple. A hell of an apple.

You may return to waxing your car with a toothbrush now.

Last edited by Synchzilla; 12-20-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:21 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Please...
Again, jumping into a thread and argument that you haven't read thoroughly.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:47 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel
Only for the US ...
Please link where it distinguishes between US and everywhere else?

Old 12-20-2008, 02:51 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

Please...

For those of us who don't have $150,000 to drop on a car, money plays a small role in choosing the next vehicle. While that may not be the gist of the thread, in all fairness it can't be left out. You have to compare apples to apples Bob, unless one apple has the ***** to be able to compete with an orange. The fact that I can indulge in the taste of an orange for far less is of great importance to me. Yes, there might be flaws in that delusion of an orange, but honestly it's still just an apple. A hell of an apple.

Ok, first, how did you get such a bad rep with so few posts? I want to give you negative rep just to help you in your acheivement of most neg rep points on the site.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I want to give you negative rep just to help you in your acheivement of most neg rep points on the site.
Pretty much summed it up there buddy.

Ok, first, how did you get such a bad rep with so few posts?
And second?

Last edited by Synchzilla; 12-20-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:08 PM

Please...

Everyone calls me Bob...

Again, you jumped into the middle of a response not directed at you. Go back and read. When you do, please point out where I made any reference to cost.

I'll have to thank Tom Cruise for the phrase..."you're being glib" And for notes...I wax using microfiber towels, and polish using a Flex.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Banned
Please link where it distinguishes between US and everywhere else?
UK stability control system specifications remain as for this model year's Japanese cars according to Nissan GB. My dealer confirmed that this was also their understanding.

That means the hidden, non-advertised launch function can still be accessed, if you really feel the need.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:19 PM
UK stability control system specifications remain as for this model year's Japanese cars according to Nissan GB. My dealer confirmed that this was also their understanding.

That means the hidden, non-advertised launch function can still be accessed, if you really feel the need.
Word of mouth...great evidence.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned
Word of mouth? That's direct from Nissan GB. How much more authoritative could it be?

Were you expecting spy photos of the transmission software code from a mole on the production line?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Word of mouth? That's direct from Nissan GB. How much more authoritative could it be?

Were you expecting spy photos of the transmission software code from a mole on the production line?
A little sensitive, aren't we...

Here's a little help, compliments from our 996TT forums...

Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned
No sensitivity here. This is the internet after all.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:14 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Nor do they have a car at that price range to do it with...

Which was my point.

Any links from reputable sources backing up claims of fake performance numbers? Sorry, but I can't just take it on faith. I'm one of those silly guys that just adores evidence.

4 or 5 Nurburgring tests have achieved a less than fabulous time, this includes the Driver Republic video with all the corner speed etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.