997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
the other day saw a race between two GTR's, but they were severely hampered by all the weight, they almost looked a little bouncy and sluggish.

a short clip of the race below

Old 12-21-2008, 09:24 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by heavychevy

I'm sorry but Porsche drivers want to hear from guys with skill, and Chris being slower in both the GT-R and modded turbo than a 996 on hoosiers and a 996 TT on 300 treadware tires isnt going to sway the masses. Combine that with his obvious preferance for the GT-R, and admitted intimidation by the TT and he certainly wont have many fans on a forum FULL OF 911 OWNERS......
HC: I take your comments in the spirit of the debate. I am def not the fastest guy on the track, but I assure you that I do fine in the fast groups. Last weekend (in the Turbo on street tires) I was only passed by two cars: a Corvette on slicks driven by a semi-pro racer and a turbo charged Exige on R-comps. I was neck and neck with a 996 GT3 on 888s. I other words, I am pushing my cars reasonably hard and hanging with the fast guys most of the time. Am I scared out there sometimes? Hell yes-- that's my internal signal to back off a bit. I'm not racing, I'm having fun.

I say this not to defend my ego, but to establish a baseline against which people can decide if they think my views are credible/relevant. You seem to think that only results from pro racers (and presumably only those who know the 911 platform) have authority to speak.

That's fine. You're entitled to listen to whoever you want. Please remind me of the pro racers who have driven the GT-R and Turbo back-to-back and was faster in the Turbo? Not Bruno Senna or Randy Pobst.

On the issue of 700HP Turbo v. Stock GT-R being about the same speed. In my hands, that continues to be true. Last week in the Turbo (on street tires) I was about one second off my pace in the GT-R. When I have my Cups on, I am about 1.5 seconds faster in the Turbo. I am sure a better driver (more skill; less fear) could widen that gap.

My conclusion is that, stock-for-stock in a great driver's hands (one that would meet HC's requirements), the GT-R is faster. In the hands of most "normal" drivers, the GT-R is DRAMATICALLY FASTER. It's simply easier to drive fast. I have seen zero data in 169 pages to make me think otherwise.

Last edited by chrisn; 12-21-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chrisn

My conclusion is that, stock-for-stock in a great driver's hands (one that would meet HC's requirements), the GT-R is faster. In the hands of most "normal" drivers, the GT-R is DRAMATICALLY FASTER. It's simply easier to drive fast. I have seen zero data in 169 pages to make me think otherwise.
Who cares what you, or anyone else thinks. The only opinion that matters here is those of HC.....

Old 12-21-2008, 11:21 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You're a troll by what the majority of posters consider as a troll, you join a site having no intentions to be part of the community for which the forum is dedicated, and have no posts to show any such intent. That is as much trolling as anything else.

Chris already knows how I feel, you cant say you're scared of one car, which happens to be AWD and drove that way and attempt to draw an objective opinion of the cars relative performance vs another, what kind of sense does that make? He proclaimed that it takes a 700 hp TT on R-comps to beat a GT-R, and that is utter BS and he got called on it. But you are to busy sniffing his underwear to understand the blantant contradiction based on his fear of one car already while it was stock, and then adding several hundred hp to it. Maybe in fanboy land that is actual logic, but for the rest of the world, I think not.

My credibility lies in my driving, not my typing, unlike yourself. I can talk and have back up for my words, you live in a magazine world that you honestly think is unbiased and doesnt care which cars sell the magazines. So gullible, just like the rest.

So like I said, when your rhetoric matches your revs, then someone will listen, meanwhile I'll continue to proove otherwise on the track.

In the words of a wiseman (trumper Z06)

"cya at the track"

well not you, but maybe some people who can actually drive.
HC, the best way to make a misbehaving child stop engaging in the inappropriate behavior is to completely ignore them.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:38 AM
ChasenIS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCCayman
HC, the best way to make a misbehaving child stop engaging in the inappropriate behavior is to completely ignore them.
Age old parenting 101

Old 12-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I tell you, Nissan used the Wii to create this GTR trickery. They practiced on Jennifer first and it worked.......

Old 12-21-2008, 03:51 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold

TROLLS - GO TO NAGTROC and talk about all the positive non driving experiences you can there.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Here's why Porsches cost more:

http://www.autoracingdaily.com/news/...-term-quality/

Old 12-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
^ Report conducted by a GERMAN organization.....hmmmm. Very fair. It's like asking a mother what she thinks of her baby - you'll never get an honest and unbias opinion.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Quacker
^ Report conducted by a GERMAN organization.....hmmmm. Very fair. It's like asking a mother what she thinks of her baby - you'll never get an honest and unbias opinion.
Sure Quacker, just go back to your Edmunds and Vaseline combo

Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned
Hey HC and monarocountry, you guys want to make a few quick dollars?
Since the both of you know of soooo many GTR's with broken tranny's, why don't you give these guys a call. http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27247
Apparently, they are looking to buy any broken GTR tranny from owners but so far they are having trouble finding them.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by eclou
I never knew Edmunds was a Japanese organization?

Na seriously, Porsches are very reliable. For a high performance car manufacturer they build the most reliable cars. Can't say the same for Ferrari though.....

Last edited by Quacker; 12-21-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Quacker

Because it's a German report it might be a little biased, but hey, J. D. Powers has been raving about Porsche quality lately also. And, Motor Trend and a few others are calling the new Cayman the best sports car in the world.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Here's one from today talkin' bout Porsche quality. Raves from Automobile Magazine and Consumer's Guide:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...18/311223.html

Dey ain't German mags.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
not sure but I think Quaker wold prefer to do this with beauty

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.