997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:37 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
HC (or anyone): What ever happened with "Me_qwkr" and his GT-R. Thread seems to have been deleted? He posted several threads saying "don't buy the GT-R" and claiming he blew his tranny without using LC.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:11 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisn
HC (or anyone): What ever happened with "Me_qwkr" and his GT-R. Thread seems to have been deleted? He posted several threads saying "don't buy the GT-R" and claiming he blew his tranny without using LC.
His last post was on the 23rd. The thread has been zapped though...I saw a post a few days ago on the thread, its gone now.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:27 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I noticed it had disappeared also. Don't know why. It wasn't locked, just seems to have vanished. He was going to post pictures of the titles to his cars.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:54 PM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
Man! I was looking forward to that heated thread!

Originally Posted by USCCayman
I noticed it had disappeared also. Don't know why. It wasn't locked, just seems to have vanished. He was going to post pictures of the titles to his cars.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
did you notice the guy mentions absolutely nothing about a track? Not only that a stage 3 turbo would wipe the floor with a GT-R, and as we've seen, so does the GT2.
In a straight line, no question, but on real roads it wouldn't surprise me one bit that the GT-R is quicker.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:16 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Once again Trommel - the GTR wrecks that you have seen on REAL ROADs were due to underestimating physics because of electronics. A car should not do all the work for it will make you a worse driver. Some assistance is good but also you should be able to turn off that assistance in a TRACK Car if you want to. Guess what? You can't in the GTR - it will void your tranny warranty. Nissan thinks it knows every driver and how they drive so they assume their settings are the best settings.

They also ASSume that people would not launch their car given the feature, they ASSume people who track will want their Sports Mode setting instead of VDC off, they ASSume people will buy a GTR and spend big money to upkeep it to help NISSAN recover their losses, YOU ASSume that Nissan removed LC features in 2010 models because of 1-3 trannies being busted.

Why would Nissan make such a move with several trannies and why would they care since it wasn't their fault?. It didn't cost them any monies out of their pockets since they denied the warranty. Given the fact that they built a feature into a car and removed it for 3 denied warranty claims would sound a little absurd don't cha think? I got the 3 failed from the Nissan Fanboys. I know of more but you and the fanboys won't believe it. Most of them aren't failed but more of problems that Nissan is still fixing. Many are minor and a few are not. Also they don't like you bringing in the car in for rattle complaints and obviously the squeaks are not allowed because you signed a disclaimer. Talk about customer service!

You can say all that you want from a moments drive in the car. You are a BANG FOR THE BUCK guy and no one has discounted that the GTR can fill that niche in certain situations. Total cost of ownership is the key factor in BANG FOR THE BUCK.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:38 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Trommel
In a straight line, no question, but on real roads it wouldn't surprise me one bit that the GT-R is quicker.

Is this a one lap race or multiple? One lap the GTR might win (I very much doubt this) but in a multiple lap race the GT2 should kick the GTR left right and centre. The GTR simply is too porky with a so so brakes and tyres. The GTR is also very prone to understeer which might be great for novices but not for those that can drive the car.

Just have a look at the many front end GTR crashes...............my guess is understeer.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:04 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
a la Top Gear... But then again, Clarkson didn't do so well with the GT3 either.

Last edited by bbywu; 12-27-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:18 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chrisn

Me_qwkr didn't put up, so the mods shut him up. I'm glad it's locked, no need fussing over it until he's ready to provide some proof.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
stuff
Only the US loses the unadvertised launch feature as far as I'm aware.

No issues with VDC off in the UK according to my dealer, although R mode offers a pretty loose rein in any case.

The car is very capable but certainly does not drive itself, and the uncrashable car has yet to be built.

It seems to me most of the supposed issues in the US are down to poor dealer service. In Europe the car is sold and maintained by a limited number of specially-selected High Performance Centres - perhaps it would have been diligent for Nissan USA to arrange the same.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Is this a one lap race or multiple? One lap the GTR might win (I very much doubt this) but in a multiple lap race the GT2 should kick the GTR left right and centre. The GTR simply is too porky with a so so brakes and tyres. The GTR is also very prone to understeer which might be great for novices but not for those that can drive the car.

Just have a look at the many front end GTR crashes...............my guess is understeer.
Can you read? Roads. It's a road car, and on real roads I can't see much staying with it.

Have you experienced understeer in a GT-R?

Can you even drive?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
a la Top Gear... But then again, Clarkson didn't do so well with the GT3 either.

Clarkson is such an idiot. I cannot believe any company would give him a car to drive. He is funny, however.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
interesting observation. what track did you compare them all at. I know several people out in LA, having grown up there....

Terrence, you think racing the cars is pointless, you make observations and then you don't answer what track you made those observations in. well? where did you test them.

My old 930 felt way faster than my modded 996tt. If you took a drive in both cars you would think that the 930 would smoke the 996tt. But when you see the actual speeds, the two cars aren't even close. However, for seat of the pants the 930 felt insane. So seat of the pants is not a good gauge.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Only the US loses the unadvertised launch feature as far as I'm aware.
"as far as I'm aware"? Not as sure sounding as you were before. A far cry from your declarative statement:

That's direct from Nissan GB. How much more authoritative could it be?

Were you expecting spy photos of the transmission software code from a mole on the production line?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->
I thought you onlly stated "facts." "as far as I'm aware" is not a fact...pwned

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-post2502.html

Last edited by bbywu; 12-27-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Ouch!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.