997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
stirring the pot a little more...

Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
So when will Porsche accuse Chevy of cheating with the ZR-1's time, or the Dodge ACR ?

Everyone "plays" on the Nurburgring now. Unfortunately Porsche doesn't like it.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
I bet if Chuck Noriss would drive GTR it would do lower 5s !

Old 09-30-2008, 01:19 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Finally something that makes sense.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Aww hell...this is gonna get good! Subscribed.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
We knew this all along. Porsche took their time bringing this out because they wanted to be sure, and I guarantee you they wouldn't accuse unless they were sure. Nissan's bluff has been called!!! The house of cards called Nissan will start coming down now. Nissan will have to play fair now.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by USCCayman
We knew this all along. Porsche took their time bringing this out because they wanted to be sure, and I guarantee you they wouldn't accuse unless they were sure. Nissan's bluff has been called!!! The house of cards called Nissan will start coming down now. Nissan will have to play fair now.

belive me all the "FANBOIS" that they needed to sign up for their GTR's already on the list, so i bet they dont care at this point. For the price its a great car in US lol

Here for example in Canada its a 100.000+ car, now next year or so i'll be looking for somthing sporty as a toy. Now GTR is great car, but for 100.000+ large used 997tt is much much better car from my point of view. If it was 70-80.000 that might've change somethings but if you spending so much you might as well get somthing worth the moneyz.

WORD ma peoplez!

Old 09-30-2008, 01:54 PM
zosomoso is infamous around these parts
pretty interesting... not saying i believe it 100% but i'd like to see how this unfolds...

and,

Heavy... werent you the one saying that you dont believe magazine testings and here you are posting a statement made by a porsche engineer. i mean doesnt that make the accusation less viable coming from an extreme bias source? talk about contradicting yourself...

Old 09-30-2008, 02:06 PM

Old 09-30-2008, 02:24 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
This is fun. Would be awesome if both companies showed up with cars and drivers and did some laps is equivalent rubbber (perhaps both on Potenzas whihc are Stock for USDM cars) and then on "open" rubber (whatever they want).

Really unfair to compare GT-R time from a driver who's job it is to test 911s on the Ring.

That said, I say: bring on the fair deathmatch. Would be fun to see the results.

For now, I will continue to believe the times claims by manufactures for their own cars. There is liability against false claims, so I really don't think any major corporation would flat out lie.

-Chris

Old 09-30-2008, 02:29 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
There is no way Porsche's legal dept would let this slip out unless they were 100% sure about the cheating. While it is too late to squash the hype in the US it should upset the imminent release of the GTR in Europe. Nissan knew the truth would come out at some point.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vladcanada
Oh this is good...really good. Look who's calling the kettle black...

Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Maybe we can make this thread a sticky?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:07 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
+1 - I vote for it being a sticky!

Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by eclou
There is no way Porsche's legal dept would let this slip out unless they were 100% sure about the cheating. While it is too late to squash the hype in the US it should upset the imminent release of the GTR in Europe. Nissan knew the truth would come out at some point.
Are we sure this is a porsche "statement" or just an employee talking to a journalist at a product launch? I agree that porsche would not say something like this unless they were really sure - companies don't usually get into stuff like this. If it was this one man's opinion and spoke on behalf of porsche (opinion or not) he may be looking for a job soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.