997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 09:28 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porsherboy
I should do the maths hey? Okay here goes;
-Australia's population is just over 20 million whereas the US population is over 300 million - 15 times more than Australia.
- The US gets an allotment of 2500 GTR's, whereas Australia get's 200 GTR's.
- If you multiply 200 by 15, it comes to 3000. so as a ratio of cars to population, we in Australia actually get more GTR's per person than the US does.
- Now factor in the crazy car tax we have in Australia - the turbo is $340 grand, yet the average income is only AU$35 grand p.a and our dollar is around 80 US cents (up to 94 at one stage) and you can see why not many people can afford a 911 turbo. Hell, not many people would even be able to afford a GTR - let alone the Porsche.

200 cars may not seem like a lot to you HC, but as a ratio to the Australian population - IT IS A LOT.
You should do the maths and maybe think more logical before you start to blabber rubbish next time. Everyone knows your obsession with the demise of the GTR has clouded your senses.
I don't know why i even bother relpying to your statement. Wasted 5 minutes of my life.
HEY GENIUS, THE SAME PRINCIPAL APPLIES HERE IN THE US TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All 2500 GT-R's are not going to people who were going to buy 997 TT's and PDK 911's, what about Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti etc? That are in the same price range. Fact is that the number of people who are cross shopping a GT-R (75k) vs a 997 TT(130k) is few and far between. What about the GT3 and the GT-R, used GT3's and TT's, new and used 911's, used Vipers which are all in that same price range. People have tons of options, so your short sighted (everyone who was gonna buy a new Porsche will buy a GT-R) is pathetic at best.

By the time people from other countries have bought up many of the US GT-R's due to the exchange rates, and the fanboys who would have never bought a (new) Porsche anyways, along with the combination of people who may come from all the other marquees, the GT-R wont have a significant affect on any one of the brands.

The point, which Ive made before is that the market share for Porsche in Aus and the GT-R in aus and the US is too small to pull a publicity stunt of this magnitude because of the moronic idea that they need the 997.2 to sell well. It's complete stupidity.

Try that for math einstein.

Last edited by heavychevy; 10-07-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Is that comment really necessary? You're such racist ***** aren't you? Not only that but you are pretty stupid as well, cos the image you posted up are not Aborigines.
He didn't use a capitol A in his post.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:36 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Is that comment really necessary? You're such racist ***** aren't you? Not only that but you are pretty stupid as well, cos the image you posted up are not Aborigines.

Umm yeah that was a post of AUSTRAILIAN Aborigines because it said so on National Geographics and the website that I borrowed it from.

Next time you choose to call someone a ***** don't do it while looking in the mirrror and typing with one hand while stroking yourself off to your beloved GT-R.. or sheep..

The post was no where near racist as it was more to saying they need trucks for carrying things. It's called modernization..DUH! Learn to identify a comment for the meaning before you ASSume someone is being racist. My aussie friends would not appreciate you saying that to me... Cheers Mate...

Also are you saying there are no aborigines in Australia? If there are do they drive lots of cars? So they have a dealership in their market? I would love to hear your spin on how I was racist. Please englighten me oh great one...

Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
He didn't use a capitol A in his post.
- thats funny.... Some people are so uptight don't cha think?

Porsherboy - if it makes you feel a little better here are my people with a little modernization. Would they call me a racist for portraying them this way? What happened to the Ox? Hmm Ox tails anyone? I will bring the plantains..

They are "V"ietnamese - i know this as well - National Geographics or other websites says so. It must be true I read it on the internet..

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 10-07-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Thats funny. Real original but you are a few posts shy of actually being effective. I know it would be difficult for you to come up with something original since you are regurgitating GT-R crap you just read. Learn to walk before you run boy..

hahahaha? are you looking down again when you say that?

I have a better comparison for you.

It's like showing a picture of a GT-R and saying it's a Supercar? - does that work for you? It works for me.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I have to get back to work for a few more. So why don't you polish up your resume and if you need help in typing it up. Don't ask...

To help you out a little since I am a nice guy...Don't put your current occupation of being a sheeps mate on your resume. They can't call for reference while they are out in the fields..

Cheers..

Old 10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
f117 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Getting better by the minute. You cant even replace the clutch without replacing the whole tranny. So if you wear and tear item clutch goes, you also have to pay for a tranny to go with it.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25374

This is the dumbest smart car I've ever heard of. Nissan completely left the consumer out of the process of the car, from the driving experience (drives itself with gadgets), to completely forgetting that a car's value is not just in the MSRP (which is increasing at 10% a pop, with another increase coming next year). Now if the clutch goes, the guys have to buy a new tranny too, which costs ~20% of the old MSRP.

So if the clutch or gearbox goes, the guys have to pay that amount. Seriously, who would want that??? Nissan has engineered themselves in circles and have now gone crosseyed (austin powers). The poor guys who mod the car are in for a real treat when they get to certain power levels. So much for mod potential. Cant say Nissan didnt warn them.

This is imitation Porsche gone wrong!!!!!!!! Nissan are making the POS service for the GT-R descriptive of the car and not the service.
Who gonna pay 20% of the msrp for just replace a clutch?????????? well designed tranny

Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Oh, so you've admitted that it's a publicity stunt from Porsche hey? hahaha. OWNED.
You see my friend HC, Porche has waited to see how well the GTR has done in the US so far, and so far the GTR is gaining popularity much faster then Porsche has anticipated. So before the GTR gets to be released in Aust, Porsche has to do something desperate to stem the flow of the GTR's popularity. Nissan has thrown the first punch and it got Porsche off guard. Porsche has to throw something back before it gets KO.

Dont play stupid word games with me boy. You insinuated that Porsche did the ring test because of the 911 PDK release in Aus. It would be a publicity stunt if Porsche were doing it for that reason. I am clearly stating that it's not, but you cant seem to put the English language together properly to understand that.

The GT-R is only punching itself. You think the other car makers dont know about the tranny failures? Nissan covered them up to keep it hush hush prior to the U.S. release, but the cat is out of the bag. Considering the media and internet is where the GT-R built it's popularity, it's the same place where the tranny failures will spread like wildfire.

I think at this point, anyone who's keeping up knows that the GT-R isnt worth as much as a TT, isnt as fast as a TT, can only manage to be in the company on a road course which isnt where many of them will be with fear of gearbox,tranny and clutch failure. Dont ya think.

Nissan planned for 5 years to try and beat the latest model Porsche, and Porsche wont wait until the next model to beyond a shadow of a doubt smash the GT-R into submission. And this stuff was on schedule without any GT-R coming. So the Porsche wont need to do anything special to completely mash the GT-R, while GT-R owners scramble to get their car fixed, and figure out how to duplicate mag numbers without the use of LC.

The GT-R is PWNING itself along with some help from Nissan dealers and service and delivery. Porsche doesnt even need to step in, but they will anyways.

You guys seem to ignore all the guys who have cancelled GT-R orders or sold/flipped them and kept their respective Porsches. More orders will be cancelled as more people find out how much of a big wuss the car is.

It's got a checks and balances system worse than the US government. black box keeps track of VDC prevents launch control and controls gizmos. And you lose LC with coilovers anyways, along with your warranty.

ENJOY.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
I've been told that nissan has this crazy idea about an extra feature that will be unlocked soon via a software called Game Shark / Action Replay, it will show you the life expectancy of your tranny.

This is what every Japanese tuner has been doing lately down here at Sendai

Old 10-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
That's not my argument with HC. Besides, doesn't the turbo require maintenance as well? If you're right about the $10k clutch and $7k brakes, then i see your point. But remember that in Australia, the turbo is $187k more than the GTR. I can basically do 11 brake and clutch jobs on my GTR before my GTR equals my turbo in price. And who says that the turbo is bulletproof? No car is unbreakable or is 100% reliable - even Porsches.
I was wrong, it wasn't a 10k replacement, it is a 16-20 K replacement

"Nissan does not open up the transmission for repairs, they simply replace the entire unit at a high cost $16-20k"

This means that you can buy a GTR in the US for maybe 90k -100k, then you take it to the track and if you blow a clutch walla, new tranny for nearly $20k with labor easily. WOW!!! I can get a new 997TT for say 130K -140K A clutch replacement costs about 2k with the dealer doing it. So you are within 20k of me the first time you blow a clutch.

I guess Nissan posted all these test results so that the owners of the GTR's would just make them Garage Show Off queens.....Mizuno, can you make something out of my last statement? your pics are .

Old 10-07-2008, 12:16 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
For Xbox 360 players...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
It appears Carbonetics tried making a clutch for the GTR but quit saying it's impossible..so maybe $20k tranies will be the norm

Old 10-07-2008, 01:11 PM
◡ KUZU◕7◕ is infamous around these parts

Old 10-07-2008, 01:41 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
why the fck would Nissan sell a car knowing full well that the tranny is going to die.. and the only way to avoid having to fork over another 20K, is to drive it like an altima, or just get really really lucky???? thats so messed up.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by jhuang25
why the fck would Nissan sell a car knowing full well that the tranny is going to die.. and the only way to avoid having to fork over another 20K, is to drive it like an altima, or just get really really lucky???? thats so messed up.
you haven't seen the way I drive my altima.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.