997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Prche951
well we already know the GTR is modded

Also, these days you can get a 996tt with full mods putting out 600 hp and be under the sticker price of a GTR. that's called a no brainer.
who cares about price? i just asked a simple question if they had mods or not, not what you could buy these days...

Old 10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by j.a.cadet
who cares about price? i just asked a simple question if they had mods or not, not what you could buy these days...
you have something meaningful to say???? NO? well surprise surprise??

like this WET SKIDPAD--oops loose again...

One Lap of America<SUP>TM</SUP>
presented by Car and Driver Magazine

Event 1 - Tire Rack - Wet Skid Pad

Sat May 10 11:06:41 2008Tire Rack - Wet Skid Pad - Results sorted by position Page 1Pos Car # Vehicle Class Gs Points
1 5 Porsche Cayman GTR SSGT1 SB 0.921 G 360 Donald Barnes, Leh Keen
2 39 BMW E46 M3 SSGT1 SB 0.918 G 355 Catesby Jones,
3 51 VW GTI SSGT2 SB 0.911 G 350 Bill Unwin, Reg Noble
4 11 Dodge Challenger SRT- SSGT2 BB 0.907 G 345 Kowalski, Super Soul
5 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 BB 0.902 G 340 Mark DaVia, Drew Wikstrom
6 10 Porsche 911 GT3 SSGT1 BB 0.897 G 335 Chuck Veth, Adam Strelczuk
7 3 Mongoose GTP SSGT1 BB 0.886 G 330 Jeremy Herzberg, Danny Popp
8 34 BMW 135i SSGT2 SB 0.885 G 325 Victor Hall, Alex May, James Clay
9 100 Nissan GT-R SSGT1 BB 0.882 G 320 Tony Swan, Mary Seelhorst
</PRE>

Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
This may be a little off subject and maybe not. Also probably a question for "our leader", HC. I was over on the Rennlist website reading what they had to say about the Porsche accusation. One poster brought up an interesting point I don't think I have read before. He indicated that in all the magazine articles in which the GTR has been compared to the 997TT, he did not think any of the TT's had the optional limited slip differential, which he speculated might make quite a difference in the TT track times. A second poster concurred with him that none of the TTs used in the comparisons had the LSD. I know this is a sore topic with Cayman owners like me, who don't even have it as an option. Any opinions on whether LSD would help? I apologize if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
you have something meaningful to say???? NO? well surprise surprise??

like this WET SKIDPAD--oops loose again...
actually i dont. like i mentioned before i just asked a simple question, whether or not the cars were modified. you can throw as many question marks, quotes, and bolded text at me as you want... as if i was here to defend the GTR.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Boy your memory is about 5 posts short. Is this not you? did he not answer your question? can you not research things for yourself? your 18 and you do not know how to use a computer?

oh my mistake, for some reason i believed the Hennessey viper was a modified viper, which made me speculate that the other cars could have been modified as well. i stand corrected.
Now, I will answer your question as to what I know. I think the Viper was modded and I think that the winning 996TT had a tune and exhaust. Which is what the "ringer" brings to the table these days.

you reading the facts that I post about actual owners competing against each other?

2008 Tire Rack
Cannonball

Event 20 - Tire Rack - Dry Skid Pad

Sat May 10 11:06:41 2008Tire Rack - Dry Skid Pad - Results sorted by position Page 1Pos Car # Vehicle Class Gs Points 1 3 Mongoose GTP SSGT1 BB 1.095 G 360 Jeremy Herzberg, Danny Popp
</PRE>

2 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette 3 2 Dodge Hennessey Viper
</PRE>

4 4 Mongoose GTP
</PRE>

5 27 WCM Ultralite S2K 6 22 Porsche GT3
</PRE>

7 18 Porsche GT-3
</PRE>

8 9 Porsche 996TT
</PRE>

9 16 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
</PRE>

10 10 Porsche 911 GT3
</PRE>

11 8 Ford GT
</PRE>

12 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo
</PRE>

13 39 BMW E46 M3
</PRE>

14 53 Mazda Miata
</PRE>

15 67 Toyota Yaris LB
</PRE>

16 20 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
</PRE>

17 24 Dodge Viper SRT/10
</PRE>

18 58 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
</PRE>

19 15 Dodge SRT-4
</PRE>

20 61 Honda Odyssey
</PRE>

21 11 Dodge Challenger SRT-
</PRE>

22 35 Ford Mustang GT
</PRE>

23 100 Nissan GT-R
</PRE>

</PRE>

Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Boy your memory is about 5 posts short. Is this not you? did he not answer your question? can you not research things for yourself? your 18 and you do not know how to use a computer?

Now, I will answer your question as to what I know. I think the Viper was modded and I think that the winning 996TT had a tune and exhaust. Which is what the "ringer" brings to the table these days.

you reading the facts that I post about actual owners competing against each other?

2008 Tire Rack
Cannonball

Event 20 - Tire Rack - Dry Skid Pad

Sat May 10 11:06:41 2008Tire Rack - Dry Skid Pad - Results sorted by position Page 1Pos Car # Vehicle Class Gs Points 1 3 Mongoose GTP SSGT1 BB 1.095 G 360 Jeremy Herzberg, Danny Popp
</PRE>

2 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette 3 2 Dodge Hennessey Viper
</PRE>

4 4 Mongoose GTP
</PRE>

5 27 WCM Ultralite S2K 6 22 Porsche GT3
</PRE>

7 18 Porsche GT-3
</PRE>

8 9 Porsche 996TT
</PRE>

9 16 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
</PRE>

10 10 Porsche 911 GT3
</PRE>

11 8 Ford GT
</PRE>

12 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo
</PRE>

13 39 BMW E46 M3
</PRE>

14 53 Mazda Miata
</PRE>

15 67 Toyota Yaris LB
</PRE>

16 20 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
</PRE>

17 24 Dodge Viper SRT/10
</PRE>

18 58 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
</PRE>

19 15 Dodge SRT-4
</PRE>

20 61 Honda Odyssey
</PRE>

21 11 Dodge Challenger SRT-
</PRE>

22 35 Ford Mustang GT
</PRE>

23 100 Nissan GT-R
</PRE>

</PRE>
yeah that was me, Sir, i appreciate you attempting to check out my memory. he did answer my question and like you pointed out, i said i stood corrected. when did research, age, and computer skills come into this?

you brought up something about 996TTs and prices. i said who cares about prices i just asked a question. then you threw time tables at me asking if i had something meaningful say. i said no, i just asked a question, and to stop throwing time tables at me as if i was defending the GTR. Now your throwing more graphs at me as if you are trying to make a point. when will this end?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
yeah that was me, Sir, i appreciate you attempting to check out my memory. he did answer my question and like you pointed out, i said i stood corrected. when did research, age, and computer skills come into this?

you brought up something about 996TTs and prices. i said who cares about prices i just asked a question. then you threw time tables at me asking if i had something meaningful say. i said no, i just asked a question, and to stop throwing time tables at me as if i was defending the GTR. Now your throwing more graphs at me as if you are trying to make a point. when will this end?

NEVER!!!! you see this is a porsche forum and when the GTR fanboy crowd brings up the GTR in here we have to rub their noses a bit. I understand you are not defending the GTR and no issue there. Just sounded a bit like you were.

but to answer your question, yes, I do think we need to throw data at them. The funny thing is that GTR owners are already *****ing about their own cars and how the trannies have to be replaced and they have trouble with them and 7k brake jobs etc. They need no help from us...

Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
NEVER!!!! you see this is a porsche forum and when the GTR fanboy crowd brings up the GTR in here we have to rub their noses a bit. I understand you are not defending the GTR and no issue there. Just sounded a bit like you were.

but to answer your question, yes, I do think we need to throw data at them. The funny thing is that GTR owners are already *****ing about their own cars and how the trannies have to be replaced and they have trouble with them and 7k brake jobs etc. They need no help from us...
as a car fanatic, i love the GTR. personally i think if you are a true car fanatic you gotta at least respect it. i mean the engineering behind it is amazing. But at the end of the day we can all agree, a porsche is a porsche and a nissan is a nissan. Although they may have similar numbers here and there, i still consider the GT3, turbo, and GT2 in different league.

personally if i could i would have all 4 lol.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
you guys still on this crap? six pages. oh the agony..

Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Saw on their board where the trannies are falling apart right and left, and they void your warranty. Real nice nissan.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:28 PM
PRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by USCCayman
This may be a little off subject and maybe not. Also probably a question for "our leader", HC. I was over on the Rennlist website reading what they had to say about the Porsche accusation. One poster brought up an interesting point I don't think I have read before. He indicated that in all the magazine articles in which the GTR has been compared to the 997TT, he did not think any of the TT's had the optional limited slip differential, which he speculated might make quite a difference in the TT track times. A second poster concurred with him that none of the TTs used in the comparisons had the LSD. I know this is a sore topic with Cayman owners like me, who don't even have it as an option. Any opinions on whether LSD would help? I apologize if this has already been discussed elsewhere.
It is a good point. I wonder why then, Porsche Turbo owners for the most part didn't choose that option (Axle-Lock Differential). Can anyone here answer that?

As for the LSD on the Cayman, the new 320bhp Cayman S (with the DFI engine), will in fact have the option of LSD. Maybe you should look into changing your car soon.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:46 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PRS29
It is a good point. I wonder why then, Porsche Turbo owners for the most part didn't choose that option (Axle-Lock Differential). Can anyone here answer that?

As for the LSD on the Cayman, the new 320bhp Cayman S (with the DFI engine), will in fact have the option of LSD. Maybe you should look into changing your car soon.
Actually, I am going to keep it, add aftermarket LSD and TPC turbo good for 480 hp. Oh, and make the necessary suspension tweaks.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Now Nissan is begging Porsche to retract their statement:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...ID=#Post480926

And GT-R owners are starting a class action lawsuit over the tranny issue:

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....dpost&p=361917

Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by eclou
Now Nissan is begging Porsche to retract their statement:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...ID=#Post480926

And GT-R owners are starting a class action lawsuit over the tranny issue:

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....dpost&p=361917
damn i feel bad for those owners. this is really good for nissan's rep.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
There's a GTR at my dealership already in for service

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.