997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:42 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by eclou
And GT-R owners are starting a class action lawsuit over the tranny issue:

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....dpost&p=361917

Wow, good post. Just read most of that. If Nissan doesn't remedy the problem fast and properly this actually could be the death of the GTR. EDIT: Anyone know NL failure rates of a new supercar? I mean I suppose a Zonda isn't dropping a tranny every day, but I wonder if it's a problem that can't be remedied or Nissan is simply trying to plug a Titanic leak with a toothpick.
I can't believe how right some of you were in your apprehensions...

Also that picture actually made me laugh in reality.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 10-08-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This is pretty unfair trickery by Nissan.

LC has been mentioned on this car since pre-release. Nissan intentionally leaked it to the press, knowing they would void the warranty for using it. It's been a hyped up feature on the car by almost all of the press. In fact Tony Swan, the driver of the one lap had a Nissan engineer following him around and telling him how to operate the LC after he messed it up the first time. All of the fast mag times have been done with the LC, and nearly all of them period.

There is no explanation for even putting LC on the car if it voids the warranty. You dont need launch control to get out of a mud bog or snow. I have yet to see a GT-R run 11.7 without launch control, which is what Nissan claimed. Have also yet to see a 3.6 0-60 without LC.

Nissan hasnt officially mentioned LC, but there are too many buttons to push for a mag writer to have stumbled on it. This wreaks of false advertising. The Suit will most likely result in Nissan removing the feature altogether, which will make it barely 11.9 @ 119 on the high end, and 12.4 @ 111-112 on the low end. Which it is essentially anyways considering the feature is a void warranty feature to begin with.

I have said over and over again Nissan is not to be trusted, especially when it comes to the mag tests. People will start listening more now since they have tricked their way into non legit numbers in the mags. It would be one thing if Nissan said if you used it accesively and the tranny broke then the warranty is void, but simply turning the VDC off if not for mud/snow voids your drivetrain warrany, so using LC is essentially prohibited by Nissan to begin with. But they put it on there anyways.

Even worse is that the dealers are promoting the feature too. When customers ask about it, they are being told it's ok to do it. Should not the dealer know that it will void your warranty of the car breaks, or are they doing it intentionally? Maybe the dealers want the profit for the tranny rebuilds to make up for all that equipement they had to buy.

LOL, one guy called it a self detruct button..... HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAA

Mizuno, I'm sure you can make something funny with that.

Last edited by heavychevy; 10-08-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:33 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by j.a.cadet
damn i feel bad for those owners. this is really good for nissan's rep.

Dang tootin' Porsche ain't gonna retract it! I'm sure they want other inquiring minds to do just what they did: buy a GTR off the show room floor and run it at the ring and see what they get. This is not something Nissan negotiates with Porsche. Put up or shut up.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
"oh what a tangled web we weave....."
This is getting better by the minute. I feel sorry for the owners. Better dump them now while the dumping is good.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 10-08-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by USCCayman
This may be a little off subject and maybe not. Also probably a question for "our leader", HC. I was over on the Rennlist website reading what they had to say about the Porsche accusation. One poster brought up an interesting point I don't think I have read before. He indicated that in all the magazine articles in which the GTR has been compared to the 997TT, he did not think any of the TT's had the optional limited slip differential, which he speculated might make quite a difference in the TT track times. A second poster concurred with him that none of the TTs used in the comparisons had the LSD. I know this is a sore topic with Cayman owners like me, who don't even have it as an option. Any opinions on whether LSD would help? I apologize if this has already been discussed elsewhere.
By the way, any body have any input regarding this question? HC?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
"oh what a tangled web we weave....."
Nissan: A house of cards. Did they not think anyone would question all this BS?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Pinks, Walter vs Suzuki at the ring winner take all!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon

Can I be the one who stands in the middle, points at both drivers and then drops his arms? Please, please!!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Can I be the one who stands in the middle, points at both drivers and then drops his arms? Please, please!!
Only if you have breasts

Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I wanna be the guy who negotiates.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 AM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
Only if you have breasts
ew you like man *****?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by heavychevy
This is pretty unfair trickery by Nissan.

LC has been mentioned on this car since pre-release. Nissan intentionally leaked it to the press, knowing they would void the warranty for using it. It's been a hyped up feature on the car by almost all of the press. In fact Tony Swan, the driver of the one lap had a Nissan engineer following him around and telling him how to operate the LC after he messed it up the first time. All of the fast mag times have been done with the LC, and nearly all of them period.

There is no explanation for even putting LC on the car if it voids the warranty. You dont need launch control to get out of a mud bog or snow. I have yet to see a GT-R run 11.7 without launch control, which is what Nissan claimed. Have also yet to see a 3.6 0-60 without LC.

Nissan hasnt officially mentioned LC, but there are too many buttons to push for a mag writer to have stumbled on it. This wreaks of false advertising. The Suit will most likely result in Nissan removing the feature altogether, which will make it barely 11.9 @ 119 on the high end, and 12.4 @ 111-112 on the low end. Which it is essentially anyways considering the feature is a void warranty feature to begin with.

I have said over and over again Nissan is not to be trusted, especially when it comes to the mag tests. People will start listening more now since they have tricked their way into non legit numbers in the mags. It would be one thing if Nissan said if you used it accesively and the tranny broke then the warranty is void, but simply turning the VDC off if not for mud/snow voids your drivetrain warrany, so using LC is essentially prohibited by Nissan to begin with. But they put it on there anyways.

Even worse is that the dealers are promoting the feature too. When customers ask about it, they are being told it's ok to do it. Should not the dealer know that it will void your warranty of the car breaks, or are they doing it intentionally? Maybe the dealers want the profit for the tranny rebuilds to make up for all that equipement they had to buy.

LOL, one guy called it a self detruct button..... HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAA

Mizuno, I'm sure you can make something funny with that.
I agree. If you discuss with GTR owners, they are making excuses for Nissan claiming "just don't use it" or "Nissan stated that clearly in warranty."
Both by principle are stupid. If you give me a gun and tell me that shooting it will damage it and void it's warranty, I don't care if you tell me ahead of time, I'm not buying and I'm not accepting. Nissan has been outright disappointing with the various issues in this car despite it being a 100% new vehicle.

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
, second that motion. Although you really think Porsche would want the pink to the GTR now considering current events?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Only if you have breasts
I do, but they're on my wife!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I do, but they're on my wife!

Geez, I hope she never sees this!

Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
By the way, any body have any input regarding this question? HC?

Dont know bro, it would be all speculation to guess as well. Is the LSD optional on the Tiptronic? If not we can at least eliminate some of the tests. Some of the cars however were delivered by Porsche and were not just press cars, so if they did not put their best foot forward, then Porsche themselves are to blame. Why wouldnt you put the better car out there? With the LSD causing more push it may have detered some of the tail wagging people were talking about by allowing more control with the throttle. But there is no way to know for sure unless the LSD was just released or something of that nature. Cant help there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.