997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
I wanna see Muzino fight someone from Porsche Dept lol can you SAY UFC GTR style?

Old 10-09-2008, 08:43 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !

Old 10-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
^^^^ Lol those photoshops are classic funney.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold

Old 10-09-2008, 10:15 PM
f117 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eclou
i felt sorry for my buddy, i did press that 'VOID" button in his car

Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou

Old 10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCCayman
If you go over to the Corvette forums, they are praising Porsche for calling Nissan out! They can see the BS too. It isn't just Porsche fans.

Same with the Ferrari guys.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Banned
Trommel is infamous around these parts
heavychevy, I'm not sure what your problem is, but I bet your Mom is really worried about the amount of time you spend in your bedroom arguing with grown-ups about a car you don't like.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trommel
heavychevy, I'm not sure what your problem is, but I bet your Mom is really worried about the amount of time you spend in your bedroom arguing with grown-ups about a car you don't like.
Hey Trommel he's not the one that joined this forum to TROLL. Your first post is a dig at a long time member? I absolutely think you should be banned and I am sure you will be.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by Trommel
From what ive seen heavychevy is pretty well respected by the Porsche and Corvette guys, he is also a great driver with some of the faster times on several tracks.

Oh I see that youve got "1" post to your name. Have fun trolling Nisboi.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Trying to take a cr@p..............and the GTR was born.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:07 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by USCCayman
So true, all this bull crap from Nissan is for naught, only thing that will do is a shoot out. I'm sure that's what Porsche was setting into motion. Pull one off the floor somewhere and show us it will run a 7:29.

We need to put spies on all the GTR dealers now. I bet they'll have all their enginners running around late at night turning the showroom GTR's into ringers so whatever is picked, it will run a 7:29.
Notice that Nissan said they'd be back to the ring testing the standard GT-R, what is that like two years worth of testing? They are turning the ring into a circus by throwing a race car budget at it.

I guess we know where the MSRP increases this year and next are going.

But either way, Nissan will never agree to having a showroom stock car come to the track, they'll show up with more ringers, or like you said, see to it that they have some influence on where the car comes from.

I think the cars should be able to be dynoed and have the acceleration tested by an independant party before hand. I'm not concerned about the tires, but that GT-R had extra horsepower end of story.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Prche951
Hey Trommel he's not the one that joined this forum to TROLL. Your first post is a dig at a long time member? I absolutely think you should be banned and I am sure you will be.
I've been reading these forums for some time, only now have I felt I should post.

I'm interested to know what the agenda is and why he feels the need to constantly try to put down one particular car. It's like there has been some personal sleight - it's just a car after all. It's beyond obsessive.

Anyway, as you're all no doubt aware, the first cars tested by the UK press were privately-owned and privately-imported. Both were dyno'd at around 500 bhp. Both lived up to the performance expectations in independent testing, and more than the numbers can say (what is the obsession with performance figures in the States?) the testers loved the way they drove.

Surely that is the point - that the car is great to drive. Who cares who made it?

Old 10-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
trommel, let me give you an example of the point. you work at an engineering facility as an engineer. I come over and tell your bosses, hey trommel is stupid and I am much better, look at my test results. So they believe me and fire you.... is that the way things work? no. I go get a job at the same place and I let my performance on the job speak for itself. I do not try to rob others of their glory and take short cuts to get to the top, which is exactly what the sleazy nissan reps did. In fact, I will go so far as to say, that I will not buy another nissan because of their little adv campaign.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by heavychevy
They are turning the ring into a circus by throwing a race car budget at it.

I guess we know where the MSRP increases this year and next are going.
If you have been to the 'Ring, you will know that pretty much all the major manufacturers (and a lot of smaller ones) have big-budget test facilities there - Nissan are no different. There's always something wearing a disguise going around.

Originally Posted by heavychevy
I'm not concerned about the tires, but that GT-R had extra horsepower end of story.
There's so much more to lap times than power - you can do as as many guessing-game calculations about speeds on straights or whatever, but it is no substitute for being there.

The two standard, straight-off-the-boat, dyno'd at around 500 bhp cars the UK press first got hold of still managed to set extremely quick laptimes. Standard cars, standard tyres, known horsepower, zero Nissan involvement.

How do you explain that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.