997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:37 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
Wow! Well said and to the point. I guess anyone that hasn't driven the GTR including myself is guilty for mag-racing and speculating, regardless which side you're on, whether you're hatin on the GTR or a fan of the GTR. I honestly think that the whole issue of the 7:29 in The Ring doesn't really matter because if it is proven which it has been already with the video, GTR haters will still not give the GTR any credit or validation. On the other hand, the issue with the warranty being voided if the VDC is off and the LC being used is just utterly ridiculous and unfair. Nissan should be embarrased about this and should get sued for this and i hope the owners that are having problems with this should be properly taken care of and not a dime should come out of their pocket. JMHO

BTW, can we move on and just stop childish bickering. Seriously, it's just a car, try not to take this so personal. Unless you're one of the GTR owners that are having problems with the warranty, there's really no need to be upset about Nissan or the GTR. And if Nissan is lying, which i don't think they are, at least not with the 7:29 time, so what. Again, I think and almost sure that the only thing that Nissan is lying about is the HP of the GTR. And if you think about it, the 997TT has the upper hand since the GTR has to make so much more power just to match the 997TT's performance. Cheers.

You still stuck on this extra hp despite there being no support for it. Many of the tuners say the clutch/ tranny can only handle 600 BHP for about a year before going. So how then can people be gaining lots of power over stock and not replacing clutches for which there arent any solutions?????

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/07/m...-the-flywheel/

flywheel = crank

Cobb tuning claims from 55-75 hp from ECU alone, so that would put most any GT-R you are talking about over the limit for the clutch/tranny limit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/28/g...y-woes-at-mcr/

THE GT-R DOES NOT MAKE MORE POWER THAN THE TURBO!!!!!!

And finally, I'm sick of the whining about closing the thread, it's not going anywhere and is beneficial to the point of keeping all the GT-R huggers in this thread. And the only ones who seem to want it to dissapear are the ones who cant stand to see the truth come out about the car and it's flaws. You cant cover it up forever. SO GET OVER IT!!!!!! This thread is here to stay, and if not, I'll start another one.

Last edited by heavychevy; 10-11-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:55 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Continuing with the spirit of the thread:

NISSAN STOPS PRODUCTION OF THE GT-R.

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/200...-r-orde?blog=4

Of course the global economy has a lot to do with this, but it's been obvious from day one that the GT-R isnt a cash cow for Nissan, in fact just the opposite, I bet that recall in Japan cost them a fortune. Now with durability issues questioned, and Nissan down heavily on sales for September (like everyone else), they cant afford to throw money away.

But in lue of the current global economy problem, it does give light to what sectors of companies might be losing money, they are always the first to take a hit. Similar to the ZR-1 with GM. Just like ZR-1's are being affected by large numbers of Z06's and C6's sitting on lots, the GT-R is affected similarly by the 350z's sitting around.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:50 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You still stuck on this extra hp despite there being no support for it. Many of the tuners say the clutch/ tranny can only handle 600 BHP for about a year before going. So how then can people be gaining lots of power over stock and not replacing clutches for which there arent any solutions?????

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/07/m...-the-flywheel/

flywheel = crank

Cobb tuning claims from 55-75 hp from ECU alone, so that would put most any GT-R you are talking about over the limit for the clutch/tranny limit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/28/g...y-woes-at-mcr/

THE GT-R DOES NOT MAKE MORE POWER THAN THE TURBO!!!!!!

And finally, I'm sick of the whining about closing the thread, it's not going anywhere and is beneficial to the point of keeping all the GT-R huggers in this thread. And the only ones who seem to want it to dissapear are the ones who cant stand to see the truth come out about the car and it's flaws. You cant cover it up forever. SO GET OVER IT!!!!!! This thread is here to stay, and if not, I'll start another one.

No support? What are you talking about, I showed you two dyno-test confirming the GTR is making more than the advertised 485hp. One with 430hp at the wheel and the other at 457hp at the wheel, btw not from the flywheel. You're the only one that is saying that, everywhere else that i've read especially in M3post where the GTR is just as hated is saying the same thing that the GTR is well under-rated. What support do you have that it is not. And again, this is the only logical explanation on how it is able to virtually match 997TT's performance. How else can you explain it. The Amuse dyno chart, isn't that 612hp at the wheel. And what is it with your obsession with the GTR not being better than the 997tt, i got news for you, it isn't. Just because it's making more power than the 997TT, it doesn't mean it is better. Why don't you GET OVER THAT. You posting articles from Autoblog or any other websites does not prove anything either, just like you didn't consider the dyno test charts that i posted as proofs. If you think the guys from Motor Trend are morons and you know better, that's fine, but at least show something to prove them wrong. But don't just show another article, show some actual proof if you think you know better. BTW, i never said the GTR is making over 600hp at the wheel, i'm guestimating 540hp minimum and probably around 575hp at the crank, not at the wheel.

Last edited by jaeS4; 10-11-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:13 AM
So these are not proof. Yet you consider the article from Autoblog proof.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:03 AM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Uh Oh!

Problem #2 wheel hop
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25509

Cons:
- DCT fails if LC is Enabled + VDC Off (CHECK)
- WARRANTY: It stays if you drive like a sissy - VDC ON (CHECK)
- Wheel hop (CHECK)
- Overweight (CHECK)
- Blackbox: Forces you to pay the dealer any amount they ask for whether you like it or not (CHECK)
- Stupid owners launching 50 to 100 times expecting the horsepower to increase automatically after an oil change (PS3/GT5 technique) (CHECK)
- Nissan has given the word ugly a new meaning (CHECK from all 5 continents)
- $20k ~ $35k over MSRP for a beefed up altima coupe based on a fwd with 350Z headlights that turns it into a rwd then comes in the 4wd from Infiniti FX (CHECK)
- Fanboys start to sign up at every porsche message board to defend their only dream/supercar that ran a 7.29 with the help of Hollywood film editors and Walt Disney (CHECK x100)

Pros:
- Every fanboy will own a 2nd hand by mid 2009 with a broken tranny
- Ricey body kits will start to flood the market
- Eventually the hypocrites will start drag racing when they find out how to fix or replace that $200 gackbox (what happened to "it was only meant to be driven on the track" )
- 90% will end up getting totalled (beautiful ending for a Japanese legend that had nothing but issues since day 1)

280hp / 112mph Skyline GTR V.Spec II

Old 10-11-2008, 07:59 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future

Heavychevy, Apline, and I are from the south. We can't read Japanese..

Old 10-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Heavychevy is the one that posted the link with that picture, i just posted the pic to show the reading of the dyno. I can't read japanese either, sorry. But if you look closer, you can see that the dyno is reading 611, i'm almost sure that is the whp reading.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:36 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
With a MINES TUNE, Exhaust, Airbox..

Old 10-11-2008, 08:58 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
F*ck...I was born in Japan. And I can't read Japanese...

Old 10-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
With a MINES TUNE, Exhaust, Airbox..
Yes i know, HC is just showing me how much power is the GTR making with all that upgrade. I'm not sure if he knows if that is from the wheel or the crank, i'm almost sure it's from the wheel. HC and I are arguing about the GTR's real HP, i'm saying they're well under-rated, he's saying they're not.

Last edited by jaeS4; 10-11-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Don't forget about me! I'm a Porsche fan boy to the bone!

Last edited by USCCayman; 10-11-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:05 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Wow, this car is so tainted by now it's not even funny. This is historically one of the worst beginnings for a Japanese sports car I could think of.

I guess people still are buying the GT-R because they want to be part of "history in the making"?

Originally Posted by Mizuno
Uh Oh!

Problem #2 wheel hop
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25509

Cons:
- DCT fails if LC is Enabled + VDC Off (CHECK)
- WARRANTY: It stays if you drive like a sissy - VDC ON (CHECK)
- Wheel hop (CHECK)
- Overweight (CHECK)
- Blackbox: Forces you to pay the dealer any amount they ask for whether you like it or not (CHECK)
- Stupid owners launching 50 to 100 times expecting the horsepower to increase automatically after an oil change (PS3/GT5 technique) (CHECK)
- Nissan has given the word ugly a new meaning (CHECK from all 5 continents)
- $20k ~ $35k over MSRP for a beefed up altima coupe based on a fwd with 350Z headlights that turns it into a rwd then comes in the 4wd from Infiniti FX (CHECK)
- Fanboys start to sign up at every porsche message board to defend their only dream/supercar that ran a 7.29 with the help of Hollywood film editors and Walt Disney (CHECK x100)

Pros:
- Every fanboy will own a 2nd hand by mid 2009 with a broken tranny
- Ricey body kits will start to flood the market
- Eventually the hypocrites will start drag racing when they find out how to fix or replace that $200 gackbox (what happened to "it was only meant to be driven on the track" )
- 90% will end up getting totalled (beautiful ending for a Japanese legend that had nothing but issues since day 1)

280hp / 112mph Skyline GTR V.Spec II

Old 10-11-2008, 10:10 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
You are aware of this thread right? Variable power ratings! The point is, why bother discussing power figures from this car? If there are such variations in power ratings, why bother? It's like entering a lottery, why bother?

It's lies, more lies, explanations, excuses.

http://www.rennteam.com/showthreaded...04&page=0&vc=1
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCANPHA%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Firstly we found that a japanese spec GT-R was quite noticeably quicker than a US-spec GT-R, also from within a batch of 12 US spec GT-Rs when lapped around Silverstone's GP circuit they were not all equal.<o></o>

Heavychevy is the one that posted the link with that picture, i just posted the pic to show the reading of the dyno. I can't read japanese either, sorry. But if you look closer, you can see that the dyno is reading 611, i'm almost sure that is the whp reading.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:13 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
It now seems pretty clear that the only reason for the launch control feature on the GTR was to show the press the car could do a 3.4 sec. 0-60 and low 11 sec. quarter and thus write about it in the mags. It's obvious now that Nissan didn't intend for the owners to use it. That said, it is not beyond belief that Nissan would lie about how they achieved the 7:29 at the 'Ring.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Only the least intelligent GT-R owners are still clinging to the 7:29. 7:38 is still ridiculous. Reasonably the car should be about 7:45, a good sample that is (see the variable power feature above). Which leads to the stupidity of Nissan in their greed: Claiming 7:45 would have been a victory already.

Originally Posted by USCCayman
It now seems pretty clear that the only reason for the launch control feature on the GTR was to show the press the car could do a 3.4 sec. 0-60 and low 11 sec. quarter and thus write about it in the mags. It's obvious now that Nissan didn't intend for the owners to use it. That said, it is not beyond belief that Nissan would lie about how they achieved the 7:29 at the 'Ring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.