997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 02:09 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Who you callin essay?

I'm done with the extra long paragraphs. Either address one thing at a time or forget about it.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:14 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah alright, I'm bored of this too.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:47 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
When you have some legit information that doesnt consist of Dynapacks and blogs with no real information, then try again.
Dynapacks are taken directly from the hubs, and they don't represent the power from the crank but rather from the wheels. It is however estimated about 5% less than your normal dyno-jet since it eliminates some friction from the tires. The point of the few links i posted is that everyone in the automotive world whether be the professionals or your regular car forums enthusiasts are saying that the GTR is under-rated, except for you. THE GTR IS UNDER-RATED. Let us just agree to disagree, neither one of us has facts and neither one is actually right or wrong.

Wait a minute, what information do you have besides your opinion and blogs?

Last edited by jaeS4; 10-12-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:59 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaeS4
the GTR is under-rated, except for you. THE GTR IS UNDER-RATED.
Are you serious?

Old 10-12-2008, 03:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Dynapacks are taken directly from the hubs, and they don't represent the power from the crank but rather from the wheels. It is however estimated about 5% less than your normal dyno-jet since it eliminates some friction from the tires. The point of the few links i posted is that everyone in the automotive world whether be the professionals or your regular car forums enthusiasts are saying that the GTR is under-rated, except for you. THE GTR IS UNDER-RATED. Let us just agree to disagree, neither one of us has facts and neither one is actually right or wrong.

Wait a minute, what information do you have besides your opinion and blogs?

I have facts, you have blogs.

Fact: Nissan claims a 10% drivetrain loss that is right in line with DSG SMG power loss figures.

Fact: The clutches are only good for 600 hp, which would put any tuned GT-R over that limit based on your hp figures.

Fact: There are tuned GT-R's without clutch problems.

Fact: The only 600+ hp modded GT-R's have clutch issues.

Fact: Cars with similar weight/power ratios as the GT-R at 480-500 hp run similar trap speeds

Fact: The GT-R would have faster trap speeds with the hp numbers you are claiming.

Fact: 20% drivetrain loss is rediculous even for AWD considering the GT-R can use 100% rear drive under acceleration without slip.

Fact: The GT-R only needs 510 hp to trap 121 mph which is the highest actual run we've seen, and in ideal conditions.

Fact: Dynapack dynos are unreliable and not considered as reliable dyno tools in the tuning industry. And dyno's period are mostly for baseline runs, there are too many variables to really judge actual hp. Engine dyno's and actual drivetrain losses are required to get a pinpoint judgement.

So you see, I have lots of facts, you have uneducated blog artists using stupid drivetrain losses to come up with the same nonsense you are coming up with.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:38 PM
You call these facts!

Originally Posted by HC
I have facts, you have blogs.
Fact: Nissan claims a 10% drivetrain loss that is right in line with DSG SMG power loss figures. You believe this from Nissan but you don't believe their claim of 7:29, hmmm very selective.

Fact: The clutches are only good for 600 hp, which would put any tuned GT-R over that limit based on your hp figures. Again, i'm not claiming over 600hp. And this is also coming from Nissan and you believe this but you still don't believe their claim of 7:29, hmmm, again very selective on what you want to believe.

Fact: There are tuned GT-R's without clutch problems. Your point is. Exactly how much data do you have on this, one, none.

Fact: The only 600+ hp modded GT-R's have clutch issues. So your point is. And this is base on how many 600+ hp GTR?

Fact: Cars with similar weight/power ratios as the GT-R at 480-500 hp run similar trap speeds. And this rule applies to everything else even though the GTR is completely different car than most. I'm afraid not, so it's not a fact.

Fact: The GT-R would have faster trap speeds with the hp numbers you are claiming. The weight could hamper your trap speed compare to other cars that are much lighter like the Z06 and 997tt. Still not a fact but a good guess.

Fact: 20% drivetrain loss is rediculous even for AWD considering the GT-R can use 100% rear drive under acceleration without slip. You have no facts to support this as usual. Show me facts, not opinions or guesses. Show me a data that the GTR losses only 10% and nothing more or less. You got nothing so it's not a fact.

Fact: The GT-R only needs 510 hp to trap 121 mph which is the highest actual run we've seen, and in ideal conditions. Do you have any actual data to support this, give me a simulation at least and type of graph. No, so it's not a fact. Even the best simulations you can get are still theoretical at best.

May i remind you that all this info you got are just your opinions base on blogs that you've read. Yeah you have facts alright, try again, give me some data, anything, throw me a bone here.

BTW, these are not facts, nice try.

Last edited by jaeS4; 10-12-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Here's another fact for you HC since you believe Nissan all of a sudden.

FACT: Nissan claims 7:29 in The Ring. Video has been provided as proof, this sir is a FACT. 100% undisputable fact.

Enjoy the video of this fact from Nissan. Your welcome.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZ5i15yVU8

Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Here's another fact for you HC since you believe Nissan all of a sudden.

FACT: Nissan claims 7:29 in The Ring. Video has been provided as proof, this sir is a FACT. 100% undisputable fact.

Enjoy the video of this fact from Nissan. Your welcome.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZ5i15yVU8
Wow...another video of a non production GT-R running the ring, with no telemetry.

To borrow a phrase from a famous legal expert...

"If the glove doesn't fit, you're full of sh*t..."

Old 10-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
New feature for '09 GTRs (Production 12/2008)

(7/2008 - 11/2008) can update through Nissan's website - 1st week of Jan '09

Last edited by Mizuno; 10-12-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:09 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Fact: Nissan claims a 10% drivetrain loss that is right in line with DSG SMG power loss figures. You believe this from Nissan but you don't believe their claim of 7:29, hmmm very selective.

FACT: YOU ARE NOT ADDRESSING the 10% DRIVETRAIN LOSS. 7:29 IS NOT WHAT IS BEING ADDRESSED.

Fact: The clutches are only good for 600 hp, which would put any tuned GT-R over that limit based on your hp figures. Again, i'm not claiming over 600hp. And this is also coming from Nissan and you believe this but you still don't believe their claim of 7:29, hmmm, again very selective on what you want to believe.

FACT: YOU ONCE AGAIN ARE NOT ADDRESSING WHAT IS BEING STATED.

Fact: There are tuned GT-R's without clutch problems. Your point is. Exactly how much data do you have on this, one, none.

FACT: YOU CAN"T ADDRESS THIS CAN YOU? CLUTCH IS A NON-SERVICEABLE ITEM AT THE MOMENT. 20K DOWN THE DRAIN

Fact: The only 600+ hp modded GT-R's have clutch issues. So your point is. And this is base on how many 600+ hp GTR?

FACT: YOU ARE NOT DENYING THE PROBLEMS. "YOUR POINT IS.." CONFIRMED THIS. GET REAL DATA! WE DON"T KNOW HP FIGURES BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN LIES EVERYWHERE!

Fact: Cars with similar weight/power ratios as the GT-R at 480-500 hp run similar trap speeds. And this rule applies to everything else even though the GTR is completely different car than most. I'm afraid not, so it's not a fact.

FACT: YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS. THIS IS CAR IS NOT REVOLUTIONARY. NAME ME ONE THING THAT IS SO HIGH TECH AND COST EFFECTIVE? PLASMA LINERS, UNSERVICEABLE TRANSMISSION, SPECIAL EXPENSIVE TIRES, EXPENSIVE BRAKE SERVICES.

Fact: The GT-R would have faster trap speeds with the hp numbers you are claiming. The weight could hamper your trap speed compare to other cars that are much lighter like the Z06 and 997tt. Still not a fact but a good guess.

FACT: READ THE NEWS ITS ALL OVER THE BOARDS. GATHER SOME REAL DATA AND YOU WILL SEE WHERE HE GETS HIS! IF YOU CAN'T READ DATA - POST AND WE WILL HELP YOU. SINCE YOUR CAR CAN DEFY PHYSICS WHY CAN'T IT DEFY THIS?

Fact: 20% drivetrain loss is rediculous even for AWD considering the GT-R can use 100% rear drive under acceleration without slip. You have no facts to support this as usual. Show me facts, not opinions or guesses. Show me a data that the GTR losses only 10% and nothing more or less. You got nothing so it's not a fact.

FACT: YOUR PRECIOUS NISSAN PEOPLE SAID SO. THE DRIVETRAIN CAN TRANSFER 2:98 OF POWER TO REARS or 100% IN REAL WORLD USE. HALDEX LIKE SYSTEM SIMILIAR TO SAAB AND AUDI. THAT IS FACT.

Fact: The GT-R only needs 510 hp to trap 121 mph which is the highest actual run we've seen, and in ideal conditions. Do you have any actual data to support this, give me a simulation at least and type of graph. No, so it's not a fact. Even the best simulations you can get are still theoretical at best.

FACT: YOU HAVE PROBABLY NEVER TAKEN YOUR CAR ON THE DRAG STRIP TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF POWER IS REQUIRED TO TRAP 121mph.

May i remind you that all this info you got are just your opinions base on blogs that you've read. Yeah you have facts alright, try again, give me some data, anything, throw me a bone here.

BTW, these are not facts, nice try.
FACT: YOU HAVE SO LITTLE INFORMATION FOR REBUTTAL THAT YOU SOUNDS MORE AND MORE LIKE A TOOL. FACT: YOU HAVE YET TO PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT TO ANYTHING NEW.

FACT: NISSAN's VIDEO DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT! PRIVATE VIDEO, PRIVATE INFORMATION and YOU WANT US TO PROVE THEM WRONG? WAIT TIL SPORT AUTO TAKES THEM TO THE TRACK. I HOPE YOU LIKE HOT SAUCE WITH YOUR CROW!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:12 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mizuno
New feature for '09 GTRs (Production 12/2008)

(7/2008 - 11/2008) can update through Nissan's website - 1st week of Jan '09

FUNNY! STUFF

THATS FUNNY!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Alpine, what's up buddy. Here's another fact for you, you're really kissing HC's ***. Get off HC's nuts, you're the one that's being a tool. Mind your business boy. I'm not defending the GTR nor do i support either, but i stand by what i believe as facts and proofs.

BTW Alpine, do you have any proofs or facts that the GTR is not under-rated and that it only loses 10%. Let me see you address this issue and show me some data and actual facts. In case you haven't read it or can't read or both, i have adress the powertrain loss and showed 3 articles with dyno results indicating that the GTR is under-rated. WHAT DO YOU HAVE, YOU GOT NOTHING.

Last edited by jaeS4; 10-12-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Alpine, what's up buddy. Here's another fact for you, you're really kissing HC's ***. Get off HC's nuts, you're the one that's being a tool. Mind your business boy. I'm not defending the GTR nor do i support either, but i stand by what i believe as facts and proofs.
If you don't support either, then you're either

Option #1: trying to hang onto HC's nuts or

Option #2: searching for a GTR owner to grab his nuts and never let go until the truth has been revealed.

Option #3: STFU and get out

You're a complicated fanboy, who's your daddy ?

Old 10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

BTW Alpine, do you have any proofs or facts that the GTR is not under-rated and that it only loses 10%. Let me see you address this issue and show me some data and actual facts. In case you haven't read it or can't read or both, i have adress the powertrain loss and showed 3 articles with dyno results indicating that the GTR is under-rated. WHAT DO YOU HAVE, YOU GOT NOTHING.
Who's the REAL tool...the one who argues in support of a car/brand that he/she owns? Or the one who engages in useless rhetoric time and time again for a car he/she doesn't own...

Old 10-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Mizuno
If you don't support either, then you're either

Option #1: trying to hang onto HC's nuts or

Option #2: searching for a GTR owner to grab his nuts and never let go until the truth has been revealed.

Option #3: STFU and get out

You're a complicated fanboy, who's your daddy ?
You're calling me a fanboy, that's funny. Why don't you get the F out, you haven't contributed anything except some funny pictures. And who are you to tell anyone to get out, you're just another noob like me. Are you kidding, who's the fanboy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.