997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
HC,
We are 18 pages over your predicted 30. This thread has turned into a joke.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bbywu
Who's the REAL tool...the one who argues in support of a car/brand that he/she owns? Or the one who engages in useless rhetoric time and time again for a car he/she doesn't own...

Another jackass that can't read. I don't support the GTR and i'm not defending it either. The original argument that HC and i are having is about the GTR being under-rated or not, that is all. The only reason i brought up the 7:29 is because he doesn't believe Nissan used a stock car when that happened, but all of a sudden he believes what Nissan says about the GTR only losing 10%.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:12 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
that is right in line with DSG SMG power loss figures. You believe this from Nissan but you don't believe their claim of 7:29, hmmm very selective.

Can you read boy? I've said several times that the loss Nissan quoted is in line with similar trannies. DSG and SMG, which you've also stated.

HOW FREAKING HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

. Again, i'm not claiming over 600hp. And this is also coming from Nissan and you believe this but you still don't believe their claim of 7:29, hmmm, again very selective on what you want to believe.

WTH does 7:29 have to do with anything? Nissan isnt the only one who's said the limit is 600 hp. Did you forget the Amuse link I posted?

You're being selective on your memory.

Fact: There are tuned GT-R's without clutch problems. Your point is. Exactly how much data do you have on this, one, none.
Data? There are tons of access port Cobb tuned GT-R's now, and I havent seen one complain of the clutch yet. My point refers to the last point with the clutch limits. Cant you put 2 and 2 together????

575 hp GT-R + 50-75 hp tune = >600 hp = clutch problems.

It's not rocket science!!!!!

Fact: The only 600+ hp modded GT-R's have clutch issues. So your point is. And this is base on how many 600+ hp GTR?

Point is it relates to the last two points man.

Fact: Cars with similar weight/power ratios as the GT-R at 480-500 hp run similar trap speeds. And this rule applies to everything else even though the GTR is completely different car than most. I'm afraid not, so it's not a fact.
Completely different???? Does it not have an engine and wheels??

Man are you getting desperate.

Fact: The GT-R would have faster trap speeds with the hp numbers you are claiming. The weight could hamper your trap speed compare to other cars that are much lighter like the Z06 and 997tt. Still not a fact but a good guess.

Boy do you need some help. The weight/power ratio of a 575 hp GT-R is 6.6 to 6.3 for the Z06, so the GT-R would be trapping 125's. Weight to power is a ratio, and if the GT-R has more power with more weight, it can still make due. My goodness!

Fact: 20% drivetrain loss is rediculous even for AWD considering the GT-R can use 100% rear drive under acceleration without slip. You have no facts to support this as usual. Show me facts, not opinions or guesses. Show me a data that the GTR losses only 10% and nothing more or less. You got nothing so it's not a fact.

This time YOU are the one claiming Nissan is lying. SO YOU PROVE IT!!!!!

Fact: The GT-R only needs 510 hp to trap 121 mph which is the highest actual run we've seen, and in ideal conditions. Do you have any actual data to support this, give me a simulation at least and type of graph. No, so it's not a fact. Even the best simulations you can get are still theoretical at best.

Petevb has already posted numbers from a simulator on this thread. Go back and read it, I'm not doing the work for you. THERE is your data!!!

May i remind you that all this info you got are just your opinions base on blogs that you've read. Yeah you have facts alright, try again, give me some data, anything, throw me a bone here.

BTW, these are not facts, nice try.
You are trying the escape road with diverting to the ring when that's not what we are talking about. The sim numbers have been posted already.

These ARE facts, you are just in denial and throwing hp numbers out there. Well when it comes to acceleration the GT-R is subject to weight/power just like any other car. Its not a space ship.

The more you desperately try to hang on to this mess, the more of a fanboy you look like.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:13 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Alpine, what's up buddy. Here's another fact for you, you're really kissing HC's ***. Get off HC's nuts, you're the one that's being a tool. Mind your business boy. I'm not defending the GTR nor do i support either, but i stand by what i believe as facts and proofs.

BTW Alpine, do you have any proofs or facts that the GTR is not under-rated and that it only loses 10%. Let me see you address this issue and show me some data and actual facts. In case you haven't read it or can't read or both, i have adress the powertrain loss and showed 3 articles with dyno results indicating that the GTR is under-rated. WHAT DO YOU HAVE, YOU GOT NOTHING.
1. Learn English
2. Take a deep breath

Old 10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
HC,
We are 18 pages over your predicted 30. This thread has turned into a joke.

I know bro, but the number of GT-R threads in this section have seriousl declined, so as long as the fanboys stay occupied here, the regulars can actually use this section for it's intended purpose.

Otherwise, a ton more GT-R threads will pop up.

Though I'll ask Scott or someone to close it if you guys wish.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I went out of town 4 days, skipped 30 thread pages, and guys are *****ing each other out about the SOS. I thought this was a Porsche site under the heading of Turbo/GT2, etc.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:35 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I know bro, but the number of GT-R threads in this section have seriousl declined, so as long as the fanboys stay occupied here, the regulars can actually use this section for it's intended purpose.

Or you can vote to make me a moderator, and I'll guarantee no more GT-R threads will pop up.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:35 PM
You are trying the escape road with diverting to the ring when that's not what we are talking about. The sim numbers have been posted already.

These ARE facts, you are just in denial and throwing hp numbers out there. Well when it comes to acceleration the GT-R is subject to weight/power just like any other car. Its not a space ship.

The more you desperately try to hang on to this mess, the more of a fanboy you look like.
None of those are facts HC, you've just done the same thing that i've done, post info's from different articles. Copy and paste doesn't mean facts HC. Try again buddy. Can you explain to me how am i a fanboy if i'm not even defending the GTR by any means. I'm calling out Nissan for lying about their HP figures and i'm saying their under-rated, and they're cheating. How is that a fanboy?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
1. Learn English
2. Take a deep breath
1. Brush your teeth
2. Go to bed
3. Don't be late for school
4. Study
5. Don't grow up to be a tool
6. Too late

Old 10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
I went out of town 4 days, skipped 30 thread pages, and guys are *****ing each other out about the SOS. I thought this was a Porsche site under the heading of Turbo/GT2, etc.

It is, but our mods dont keep the GT-R fanboys from taking over. Like I said, I can get this closed, but I can assure you within a few weeks this section will be littered with new GT-R threads.

Or just make myself or bbywu a moderator and we'll zap the threads and fanboys back to PS3.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Who's the REAL tool...the one who argues in support of a car/brand that he/she owns? Or the one who engages in useless rhetoric time and time again for a car he/she doesn't own...
The one who engages in a middle of an argument and doesn't know what they're talking about. That would be you, so STFU.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
The one who engages in a middle of an argument and doesn't know what they're talking about. That would be you, so STFU.
Weak. Nothing left but insults. Weak.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
You're calling me a fanboy, that's funny. Why don't you get the F out, you haven't contributed anything except some funny pictures. And who are you to tell anyone to get out, you're just another noob like me. Are you kidding, who's the fanboy.
How can I be a noob ? check my sig fanboy, I gots me a 7.29 GTR!!!!!!

Those aren't funny pictures you bum, IT'S THE TRUTH!

You'll always be a fanboy and you'll end up buying a 2nd hand GTR with a sentra 3-Spd Automatic transmission, the exterior ends up with ebay body kit "Made In China" with Veilside sticker all over it.

Now start sweeping fanboy!

Weak. Nothing left but insults. Weak.
You did the same thing and you initiated the insults. Are you stupid?

stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough

ROFL. Your fellow TT owners are now considering this thread a joke...funny when I say it, you get mad...

Also, I searched for "GTR" in this forum and your claim of keeping the fanboys at bay is simply ridiculous to the point of actual delusion.

There were 2 non-TT owner created GTR threads in the last 4 months. Both were video comparos posted by Vladcanada, one of Fifth Gear and one of Best Motoring.

EVERY single other GTR thread was created by TT owners comparing their cars to GTRs...members like Chrisn, GT RUS, 360Forged, etc etc...
In fact, I had to go back 5 pages in this forum to find one with GTR in the title, and those were TT owner created comparo threads. Only on page 8 did I find one comparo video that Vlad posted...

Wow that really is just a board take over in the past few weeks/month...how do these TT owners manage to keep everything straight with 2 whole threads in their way??

Thank goodness they have you to start a 50 page long ***** fest right smack dab on the first page to attract all those fanboys...you surely helped them out a ton!

Seems when people actually take 10 seconds to look at your claims of TT heroism, doesn't exactly bode well.
Have fun HC, I'm done proving you have far too much time and far too little real world awareness when it comes to things other than tracking/racing...
I wonder if 6speed will give you a plaque for your corraling services? Perhaps Porsche will for defending their fragile honor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.