997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:15 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
And Porsche claims something like 4.1 sec. 0-60 for the Carrera S. They are being their typical conservative selves.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Mizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to beholdMizuno is a splendid one to behold
Ladies & Gentlemen

The GTR has finally proved to be the lamest car ever built by a Japanese motor company

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...79#post6297279

What we know is this:

- Wheel hop, 1/4 Mile, LC, VDC OFF, Dyno, Track = Tranny RIP

- VDC OFF = Warranty ? who needs one

- MAG tests 1/4 mile + Track = It's invincible in the hands of Mr T. Suzuki/R&T/C&D/MT/EVO/Fanboys/GT5 ONLY

The hype, it's wearing off...I can feel it

Note to every fanboy: The 7.29 is real on Youtube only.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:52 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I love this! Those of us who knew it was BS from the start and called foul and were summarily called jealous, Porsche coolaid drinking, pansy *** Porsche fanboys by the Porsche hating GTR fanboys are finaly being vindicated. Go back to the drawing board, Nissan. If you dare.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:58 AM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Sigh,how will this ever be settled.
I think even if you had a Porsche Turbo and GTR both independently checked for correct power output and tyres,driven on the Nurburgring on the same day with the same conditions,Walter Rohl in the Porsche and that Suzuki chap in the GTR,you would still have your critics.
I dont ever see that happening, but i wonder if Horst Von Saurma will do another mega Nurburgring test including the GTR because i respect his results around that place.
If Horst has already done the Comparisons please let me know!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by porsherboy
Yeah, keep on kissing HC's a** dude. I wonder if he does you any favours in return?
He tells the truth. We ask no favors of him.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by E36-RAT
Sigh,how will this ever be settled.
I think even if you had a Porsche Turbo and GTR both independently checked for correct power output and tyres,driven on the Nurburgring on the same day with the same conditions,Walter Rohl in the Porsche and that Suzuki chap in the GTR,you would still have your critics.
I dont ever see that happening, but i wonder if Horst Von Saurma will do another mega Nurburgring test including the GTR because i respect his results around that place.
If Horst has already done the Comparisons please let me know!
Didn't Horst already get a 7:50-something? The Porsche engineer simply confirmed his time.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:36 AM
GTR=Greatest Theatrics on Record

Old 10-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Protein is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCCayman
GTR=Greatest Theatrics on Record
Man, you've really lost some sleep over this, haven't you? You seem to be missing the point that even if the countless magazine and online comparisons that show that on track X the GTR lapped faster than the TT are incorrect, and the TT is indeed a little faster, it's still an undeniable win for Nissan to have created a car that keeps up with a supercar car like the TT and costs half as much. That's not theatrics, that's good engineering.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08...on-Vantage.htm

GTR= 2:10.3
R8 = 2:13.7
911CS= 2:14.9
AMV8= 2:17.2

GTR= 0-60 4.0/ 0-100 9.5/ 1/4= 12.3 @ 117mph
911CS= 0-60 3.9/ 0-100 9.9/ 1/4= 12.6 @ 113mph

Those PDK's made the difference, quite impressive for only 385hp.
This just proved our point. An NA 911 is so close to the GTR, that it is quite obvious that the turbo or GT3 wqould eat it up in a fair comparo...

Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Prche951
This just proved our point. An NA 911 is so close to the GTR, that it is quite obvious that the turbo or GT3 wqould eat it up in a fair comparo...
I don't remember anyone saying that the GTR is faster in the straights in this thread. We where mostly talking about the Ring time and which one is faster on a track course. What's amazing though is that 911 is also pretty close to the TT in terms of 0-60.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:01 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaeS4
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08...on-Vantage.htm

GTR= 2:10.3
R8 = 2:13.7
911CS= 2:14.9
AMV8= 2:17.2

GTR= 0-60 4.0/ 0-100 9.5/ 1/4= 12.3 @ 117mph
911CS= 0-60 3.9/ 0-100 9.9/ 1/4= 12.6 @ 113mph

Those PDK's made the difference, quite impressive for only 385hp.
How about not quite so impressive for 540-575 hp.

911 PDK 3150/385 = 8.18

GT-R @ 540 hp = 7.03 and @ 575 hp = 6.6

Yet only 3 mph behind. Shouldnt be in the same ballpark as a 540-575 hp GT-R. And Porsche tend to flub on curbweights a bit with the 997's, so I wouldnt doubt at all if that 997 was a bit heavier than advertised.

Same day trap speed. Like when the TT beat the GT-R by 2.5 mph and the Z06 beat it by 7 mph.

Still pointing to 480-510 max.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:11 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Protein
Man, you've really lost some sleep over this, haven't you? You seem to be missing the point that even if the countless magazine and online comparisons that show that on track X the GTR lapped faster than the TT are incorrect, and the TT is indeed a little faster, it's still an undeniable win for Nissan to have created a car that keeps up with a supercar car like the TT and costs half as much. That's not theatrics, that's good engineering.
That would be true if the thing worked. How about having to watch the tranny temps like a hawk when you drive, not only for too much heat but too little:

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25532

The more I read about this car, the more it sounds like some kind of diva that will only work under a ridiculous set of conditions. Finicky as Paris, but with Whoopi's looks...

Old 10-13-2008, 08:18 AM

You seem to be the one missing the point. The GTR is hardly a deal when it keeps blowing trasmissions, you can't even use the lauch control it comes with, and it over heats the transmission fluid after only a couple of minutes on the track. Have you not been reading this thread? It's full of Nissan failures. Hardly a bargain. More like a grand failure.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
How about not quite so impressive for 540-575 hp.

911 PDK 3150/385 = 8.18

GT-R @ 540 hp = 7.03 and @ 575 hp = 6.6

Yet only 3 mph behind. Shouldnt be in the same ballpark as a 540-575 hp GT-R. And Porsche tend to flub on curbweights a bit with the 997's, so I wouldnt doubt at all if that 997 was a bit heavier than advertised.

Same day trap speed. Like when the TT beat the GT-R by 2.5 mph and the Z06 beat it by 7 mph.

Still pointing to 480-510 max.

If you want to put that way, sure why not. But i'm not looking to "dis" the GTR or any other car. I'd rather compliment Porsche.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I swear, this must be a linked quote on a fanboy site, because it's the same introduction for EVERY noob fanboy. Almost to the tee, the same words and all.

And you guys wonder why this thread is a joke? Because we have 20 more non Porsche enthusiasts here trying to argue a bunch of nothing, and thus comes the bickering. Do you think there would be bickering without the fanboys?

- It's possible that Porsche bought a GT-R premium thinking they were getting the fastest car, and thereby getting bridgestones, the "RUMORED" slower of the two tires, by a good bit.

- There isnt any test with the TT and GT-R where the TT is on MPSC, but many tests in Europe prior to GT-R have had MPSC on them, including Sport Auto, so it's likely they chose the best option for the TT as well.

- Given the results and the Proximity of the TT in all the tests, it's very feasible that the TT could have beaten the GT-R in many of the tests if it were on MPSC.

- Therefore what the Porsche engineer found is very realistic. A TT on MPSC is very much capable of beating the GT-R good. If Dunlops were on the car, it very well could have gone faster than it did.

ENTER Horst von Suarma: Who drives many laps on the Ring with one wet corner and is only 4 seconds faster, on the faster tire. And says he doesnt think it will go much faster than he drove it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.