997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:25 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porsherboy
I wouldn't bother wasting my time explaining if i were you. It would be more productive talking to a wall. These guys are not interested in the truth. They spend too much time with their heads in HC's a** to see any light...

Keep this up and you'll be getting banned.

If you cant handle getting pwned by me, you dont have to stoop to attacking the people that agree with me.

You are looking more and more like Z07 who didnt do anything but post articles and carried no real knowledge with him. I know one of you is him, and it's only a matter of time before you get banned again.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:31 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Keep this up and you'll be getting banned.

If you cant handle getting pwned by me, you dont have to stoop to attacking the people that agree with me.

You are looking more and more like Z07 who didnt do anything but post articles and carried no real knowledge with him. I know one of you is him, and it's only a matter of time before you get banned again.
Doesn't bother me in the least, HC. When people start resorting to profanity and attacks of character, it means they've run out of arguments and know they have lost.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:39 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaeS4
What part of i'm not defending the GTR you don't understand? Let me explain this to you again, i am calling Nissan a liar. I don't believe their 485hp claim, do you understand. So explain to me again how am i defending Nissan if i am calling them out. And if you're not kissing HC's *** then why are getting involve in the argument and taking his side if you have no idea what we're talking about.
Taking sides? You are a simpleton and completely clueless if you think I have no clue what I am talking about. I do not need to repeat or be a PARROT like some people to get my point across. I have no need to repeat HC's comments or any other knowledgeable persons comments on here. I can leave and enter the fray anytime that I want to.

You make laugh because you call me clueless and you have yet to provide one shred of evidence that 4000lbs of any car with only a claimed hp rating of 480/500 hp can make it around the ring in 7:29. We are not talking about a privately taped video shoot. You GTR fanboys have a video that you hang on to as if it were your trump card. It is not. The GTR has been trumped and exposed. I like the car but I do not like the lies. At least when I bought my Turbo I knew what I could do and the HP that I can expect. Give me 10 GTR's and same dyno and it will be all over the board. Why so? You call it great engineering? QC is around for a reason.

Then you say you are impressed that an NA 385hp C2S911(09) with PDK can compete yet your precious GTR is 100hp more and can't run away from it. Why not and remember we have more drivetrain loss than the GTR. So what does mean in terms of better engineering on who's part? Also you have claimed that this CAR can DEFY physics, aerodynamics and drag. That is why it can do what it can do. That is your best explanation. This car is like no other, blah , blah.

Forget the 3/5 transmissions at are gone. Your NAGTROC people like to like to say there is only 1 in the US. Well thats not true. There are 2 here in GA. Do they think that everyone who owns a GTR will just gather on the boards to discuss LC(knowing Nissan reads the boards) and how they are having problems? You are sampling such a small bit of data that it is laughable and that the NAGROC EXPERTS even make such stupid comments like that.

So before you get your panties in a bunch over anything make sure you bring more than a paper sword to a knife fight.

I do not need to tell you anything statistical - read it about it. It's all here. All I need to convey is that you are unknowledgeable in your approach, inexperienced in your defense and inept in your ability to make a good arguement.

Although I know it might seem long winded for you it only took me a few mins to type. I know it would have taken you all day so please no need to respond. Give your brain cells a break.

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 10-13-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:15 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Taking sides? You are a simpleton and completely clueless if you think I have no clue what I am talking about. I do not need to repeat or be a PARROT like some people to get my point across. I have no need to repeat HC's comments or any other knowledgeable persons comments on here. I can leave and enter the fray anytime that I want to.

You make laugh because you call me clueless and you have yet to provide one shred of evidence that 4000lbs of any car with only a claimed hp rating of 480/500 hp can make it around the ring in 7:29. We are not talking about a privately taped video shoot. You GTR fanboys have a video that you hang on to as if it were your trump card. It is not. The GTR has been trumped and exposed. I like the car but I do not like the lies. At least when I bought my Turbo I knew what I could do and the HP that I can expect. Give me 10 GTR's and same dyno and it will be all over the board. Why so? You call it great engineering? QC is around for a reason.

Then you say you are impressed that an NA 385hp C2S911(09) with PDK can compete yet your precious GTR is 100hp more and can't run away from it. Why not and remember we have more drivetrain loss than the GTR. So what does mean in terms of better engineering on who's part? Also you have claimed that this CAR can DEFY physics, aerodynamics and drag. That is why it can do what it can do. That is your best explanation. This car is like no other, blah , blah.

Forget the 3/5 transmissions at are gone. Your NAGTROC people like to like to say there is only 1 in the US. Well thats not true. There are 2 here in GA. Do they think that everyone who owns a GTR will just gather on the boards to discuss LC(knowing Nissan reads the boards) and how they are having problems? You are sampling such a small bit of data that it is laughable and that the NAGROC EXPERTS even make such stupid comments like that.

So before you get your panties in a bunch over anything make sure you bring more than a paper sword to a knife fight.

I do not need to tell you anything statistical - read it about it. It's all here. All I need to convey is that you are unknowledgeable in your approach, inexperienced in your defense and inept in your ability to make a good arguement.

Although I know it might seem long winded for you it only took me a few mins to type. I know it would have taken you all day so please no need to respond. Give your brain cells a break.
Obviously you're a moron and can't read. I just told you that i am calling Nissan a liar about their claim HP. That doesn't really make me a fanboy and i am not a member of any Nissan forum at all. When did i claim that the GTR defies physics? Reading is fundamental. I'd rather give compliments to any car that is impressive, i don't hate on any brand. I always give credit when credit is due. The video is proof whether you and i like it or not. I just don't believe they did that with a car with only 485hp, hence my theory of under-rating or lying in Nissan's part.

BTW, my comment about the GTR not being the same as most cars out there, i wasn't praising the GTR or am i saying that it is better than anything and i'm definitely not saying that it defies physics. I'm just saying that it's different than most cars, so you can't always apply the same logic and compare it with just any other car regardless if it has the same power.

Last edited by jaeS4; 10-13-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by USCCayman
You seem to be the one missing the point. The GTR is hardly a deal when it keeps blowing trasmissions, you can't even use the lauch control it comes with, and it over heats the transmission fluid after only a couple of minutes on the track. Have you not been reading this thread? It's full of Nissan failures. Hardly a bargain. More like a grand failure.
Don't you mean a 20 grand failure?

Old 10-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
wow some memorable quotes from that thread:

I was driving my gtr two weeks ago and I heard a loud noise coming from the rear. I turned immediately had my gtr towed to crown nissan st. petersburg fl. They didn't touch my car only called some techs from tennessee to look at the car and record the noise, 4 days later two guys from japan to download some info from the car then left. Then I get a call from the dealer to tell me the news, and they told me that the car was driven without vdc too much and nissan will not warranty the transmission which they said was destroyed, I asked them how much to fix it they told me 20k, no freaking way I will pay 20k on top of what i just paid for the car. I called the gtr number and also talked to nissan consumer affairs got nowhere, now the car is sitting at the dealer. I know we shouldn't launch the car but why own it if you cant use this function, don't sell a car that goes 0-60 in 3.4 sec if the only way you can achieve this speed is to void the warranty , false advertising. Here is the bad news people were fearing it has happened to me and Nissan has told me there are already three people in my shoes, if you are one of these people email me, we have got to get together on this. Just think if any of you guys have taken the vdc off just a few times you have already voided your warranty, good luck what a joke nissan.
a totally different driver:

Everyone should remember the car broke in second gear 13 days after I did my last launch. This is not about LC, this is about my car breaking in second gear and nissan swiftly blaming the launches. There were no wrenches that touched my car, just computers, the least they could do is open it up and take a look.

and yet another person:

Wow whats the chance of this. I work at Nissan in Pines and we've heard plenty about you and your "situation" boss. We have a GTR sitting here with the exact same issue. The 2 jap guys came friday and took the info, but its looking like this customer will be stuck just as you are!
and yet another:

You can't even spell sympathy and you apparently have a GTR?

I know I"m not getting one after reading this thread. I'm going back to my fully loaded M3 with a GETRAG DSG that... Guess what? HAS A WARRANTED TRANSMISSION !!!

No way? WAY!

I've seen and known people who've kicked the **** out of their DSG/SMGii's and gotten FULLY replaced with new ones? For once the BMW fanboys can standup and scream.

Me? I"m neither, I want a solid car that I can kick the **** out of; oh and a solid car that I know is priced to be something that isn't tightly wound. 90k CAD for my BMW means that I'm buying a NA V8 with 420 HP with 330 LBft of torque... Sure those aren't GTR numbers, but atleast I can kick the **** out of it and get the best numbers I read in the reviews without voiding anything.

Oh and what you guys discount the most is that most cars with DSG that have problems are those with forced induction. The problem is that they're both BorgWarner and they're both cars that have used a DSG with LITTLE experience in turbocharging and using these great gearboxes.

Ask Ferrari, Lamborghini or even ****ing BMW with their SMG2 (Sure BMW had problems, but ugess what; those BMW owners didn't need to ***** much to get a FULL replacement when it broke) about proper transmissions. There is no way this thing is worth 20k, that's overly expensive for a car that has very low overhead as it is.

No offense to you Nissan guys but you've done me a great realization in that what I purchase is still a Nissan, and thus I'll get treated like a Pathfinder owner and my vehicle won't be given proper respect nor will the techs who work on it have the actual proper training (E.g the tech can't look at it inside becuase he works on VERSAs all day and he's given "sufficient training").

Think about it this way, the dealer pays for "GTR Training".. How much does he wanna pay? He just wants to sell the GTR? If I was one of these dodgy owners I'd tell these kids to read some pamphlets and give them answers for a test just to "certify" them; and it certainly sounds like that with all of these computers.

Isn't it supposed to be a****ing car? Damn.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaeS4
I don't remember anyone saying that the GTR is faster in the straights in this thread. We where mostly talking about the Ring time and which one is faster on a track course. What's amazing though is that 911 is also pretty close to the TT in terms of 0-60.
lets cut the crap short, NISSAN! COME TO LE MANS!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:49 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I'm the notorious anti-GT-R. All the fanboys hate me.

Question for 997 TT owners, are MPSC a factory option on the TT here? Or just in Europe? Both or Neither?

If Porsche put non option tires on it, I cant back that. But the GT-R was still a ringer.

WHICH IS WHY NO FANBOYS CAN ANSWER WHY THE RING GT-R's ARE AS FAST AS ZONDA's AND ZR-1's ON THE STRAIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY ?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

When someone can offer a legit reason for that, I'll shutup. It better be good though, no B.S.
i'll tell u why? cause it weight in at nearly 1000 lbs more than those 2 cars and and and..........it must beat them.
GREAT THREAD HEAVY.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SRatha
lets cut the crap short, NISSAN! COME TO LE MANS!

I don't know, Porsche has the most wins at Lemans than any other make ever with 16 overall wins and over 100 class wins and most of that was with the Flat 6 engine,

And if you add to that the highest number of class wins n the american lemans (91 wins) most with the Flat 6 again, I think it would take nissan about 100 years to catch up...lol.

Remember the paul Newman Datsun? It ran hard but reliability was one of it's main problems.

So Porsche pretty much owns the most grueling endurance series and events in the world.

Nissan owns CandD, RandT, and some cool paper titles

Old 10-13-2008, 09:56 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
wow some memorable quotes from that thread:

a totally different driver:

and yet another person:

and yet another:
SURE IS LOL . feel bad for the owners

Old 10-13-2008, 09:58 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
Don't you mean a 20 grand failure?
I stand corrected!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Alpine, i'll give you a good example. The 08 Vette with 430hp at around 3200lbs is just as quick as the e92 M3 with 414hp at 3600lbs. Logic would say that the Vette should walk or at least beat the M3 easily, not the case. The Vette might have a higher trap speed at the end of the 1/4 mile and is quicker by tenths of a second but they're virtually the same. Credit goes to the e92 M3 for putting power to the ground more efficiently but at the end the weight difference eventually puts the Vette ahead. So my point is, it's not always going to be a logical explanation. Much more variables are involved. The GTR is no different, even if i am right with the 540hp theory, it doesn't necessarily would mean it should be quicker or have a higher trap speed in a drag race, the track course would be a complete different story.

Last edited by jaeS4; 10-13-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I cant believe the hate from the GTR fanboise. It seems like after all those years of having to drive 240sx's and having to watch 40 years of 911s that they cant afford (not that they can afford a 110K GTR with Markup thats not going to stay that way for long with the economy the GTR will be in the 35K range where it belongs) they are just spewing.
thats all it is spewing. They cant even wait till the car gets its bugs worked out. And the bug in the GTR is the WHOLE Tranny!!!! You have ONE faked video to go spewing all over the world with. Not a Race win or a even one qualification but one Youtube video!! its laughable. If this was a Nissan forum I could understand MAYBE the low IQ but in this forum its ridiculous!
You children are speaking to some of the most accomplished owners and racers and you dont even have the brain cells to come in here with some respect for one of the greatest supercars in all of history with over 30 years of history behind it. You have one youtube video LOL!

You GTR guys come off like little kids (probably true) while talking to established owners and a manufacturer that is steeped in racing history.
You look like little whiners that still arent satisfied with the Piece O Crap that was stuffed down your throat at not 50K not 60K not 70K BUT NOW EIGHTY THOUSAND DOLLARS (soon to be 90 and 100K) with at LEAST a 20K-$30k Maintenance fee that Nissan didnt tell any one about, just to be treated like a Sentra owner and having the SAME Sentra mechanics work on their
"common supercar"

Really you guys dont deserve to post here. You should go to the Camaro forums and work your way up to the Corvette forums, and you dont have the history or experience to be there honestly

Old 10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
C'mon OG, tell us how you really feel...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.