997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yllwturbo
never thought someone from Cambodia is on here.Awesome good to hear
Awsome as you said... ChemreapSour !

Old 10-14-2008, 08:41 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
So you are calling a truce, young DOCTOR? Good.
Me exchanging PM with you? Are you out of your mind? Let me guess: You want to unleash more filthy mouth, profanity, and temper tantrum at me, but are afraid to do it in public, now that the whole world knows you are a doctor? I might be older than your father; you don't think I could see right through your plan?

On the other hand:
If you would like to reconcile in PM, no need. Don't worry about it.
If you like to threaten me, don't go there. You might get yourself in more trouble than might be already.

Like I said, I might be older than your father. My advice is please be careful with what you say in public. And remember all these PM and posts could be traced to who and where you are, when the situation calls for it.

Back to issue at hand: The point is when you start hurling profanities, you've lost the argument.

Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Poppyc*ck isn't a profanity, it means empty writing/talk...in reference to your post, not you as a person.

EDIT: Check your pm. We're done here.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:02 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Can - POPPYCOC_K!!! hehe

Chrisn - NNA is aware of 3 - since two are in GA that I know of. Sept is in Florida. We won't count the 70+ launches with the one in Russia. Not trying to dig up stuff - I am a potential buyer of this car in the future and want to make sure that I know of any and ALL real issues. I can read through the garbage to get to the real stuff.

Sept- at Nagtroc I posted and said negoitations are off and they are denying him a claim. He will have his car repo'd since he is still paying on it and won't spend 20k for the tranny.

Let me reprhase - I am aware of 3 tranny failures... NNA who knows..

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 10-14-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Grip numbers on the GTR are similar to those on the infamous "Ring" lap, just to point out coincidence...
Any indication whether this was a Standard vs Premium model that was run?

That ACR looking faster and faster as well.
I just read some of the exit speeds of the GTR and it is quite a difference in comparison with the Scud. But the time it took is mostly in Scud's favor.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cannga
So you are calling a truce, young DOCTOR? Good.
Me exchanging PM with you? Are you out of your mind? Let me guess: You want to unleash more filthy mouth, profanity, and temper tantrum at me, but are afraid to do it in public, now that the whole world knows you are a doctor? I might be older than your father; you don't think I could see right through your plan?

On the other hand:
If you would like to reconcile in PM, no need. Don't worry about it.
If you like to threaten me, don't go there. You might get yourself in more trouble than might be already.

Like I said, I might be older than your father. My advice is please be careful with what you say in public. And remember all these PM and posts could be traced to who and where you are, when the situation calls for it.

Back to issue at hand: The point is when you start hurling profanities, you've lost the argument.
at continually referring to normal English language as profanity, post one profane word that I have said to you...go ahead I'll wait.

at again calling me doctor...still not there yet. I've said what I do on this board a long time ago, many members know I'm a med student and I know many members on here are docs...not exactly worried unlike you, dentist...Considering how afraid you are to mention your profession on a public forum, you sure have much more self-posted usable information out there on the web. Not to mention your name in your signature with a very characteristic "regards" that you use everywhere.

at wanting to reconcile...reconcile what? You still have yet to say anything of value or logic other than make false claims.

at threatening you...it's the internet...I'll let you wallow in your fear though...it's pretty funny.

I PMed you for sake of your own privacy...I figured out where you are coming from based on your posts and a quick search. Decided PM would be better for you, not me.
Sorry you are afraid to answer a benign PM. I don't have time for this today or the rest of the week...

Last edited by stradaONE8; 10-14-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:37 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Can - POPPYCOC_K!!! hehe

Chrisn - NNA is aware of 3 - since two are in GA that I know of. Sept is in Florida. We won't count the 70+ launches with the one in Russia. Not trying to dig up stuff - I am a potential buyer of this car in the future and want to make sure that I know of any and ALL real issues. I can read through the garbage to get to the real stuff.

Sept- at Nagtroc I posted and said negoitations are off and they are denying him a claim. He will have his car repo'd since he is still paying on it and won't spend 20k for the tranny.

Does anyone actually believe that some anonymous call taker really knows how many there are? Or would say 50 if there really were? The grey market guy for whom Nissan fixed a broken tranny said they were doing their best to keep the problems under wrap for the US launch. They'll continue to do so to keep the problem minimized.

I dont beleive for one second that them halting production has to do with the economy since they are already behind meeting orders. Nor is it for improving the production line, they've been working on this car for 5 years, they have been right on time with production. But they cant keep people quiet like this. Nissan better be prepared to.

#1 Suck it up and lose hundreds of thousands by fixing the cars (flying techs around for inspections, parts, labor, shipping, etc.)

or

#2 Have their reputation eternally stuck in the mud for their lying and manipulation through the media.

At this point Nissan is just trying to stop the hemorhagging. I would bet money the new cars come off the assembly line with an updated part, and or programming that loses the LC or reduces launch RPM's. Since Nissan never mentioned LC, they can do damage control without it getting out of hand. But they cant design a new tranny in a few days so there has to be a quick fix.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Grip numbers on the GTR are similar to those on the infamous "Ring" lap, just to point out coincidence...
Any indication whether this was a Standard vs Premium model that was run?

That ACR looking faster and faster as well.
The edition doesnt matter in this case. The only pertinent info is the tires that were used and in this case it was both. They tested the Bridgestones and then managed to shave 3 seconds off with the Dunlops.

So how does C&D get their hands on one GT-R but two sets of tires????

How does Tony Swan end up driving, considering he's better than the other guys???

Nissan gives C&D a GT-R to parade at the one lap of america. Tony was the driver. Throughout the competition, a tech followed Tony around giving him driving and maintenance tips and checking the car over. Even instructed him on launching the car.

Now all of a sudden, Tony, who has extensive racing experience, shows up at the one lap after all these years, and beats the other scrub drivers times in the Viper, Z06, GT3, TT.

While C&D still hasnt made any attemp to correct the straight up lie of a trap speed they published, and actually tried to defend it.

I know some people like to call me a conspiracy guy, but geez, there is far too much funny business going on to really think that this is straightforward testing.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The edition doesnt matter in this case. The only pertinent info is the tires that were used and in this case it was both. They tested the Bridgestones and then managed to shave 3 seconds off with the Dunlops.

So how does C&D get their hands on one GT-R but two sets of tires????

How does Tony Swan end up driving, considering he's better than the other guys???

Nissan gives C&D a GT-R to parade at the one lap of america. Tony was the driver. Throughout the competition, a tech followed Tony around giving him driving and maintenance tips and checking the car over. Even instructed him on launching the car.

Now all of a sudden, Tony, who has extensive racing experience, shows up at the one lap after all these years, and beats the other scrub drivers times in the Viper, Z06, GT3, TT.

While C&D still hasnt made any attemp to correct the straight up lie of a trap speed they published, and actually tried to defend it.

I know some people like to call me a conspiracy guy, but geez, there is far too much funny business going on to really think that this is straightforward testing.
I guess that was my real question then in so many words.
Also I'd love to stay and play all day like I did last night, but no time for the rest of the week. Have fun

Old 10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
JWC6 is infamous around these parts
That's it.

I think I am going to buy a 997TT and a GTR for comparison's sake.

I will gladly pay $75434 for the GTR. Which I believe is the invoice price for the premium GTR plus $1000 destination.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:30 AM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Can - POPPYCOC_K!!! hehe

Yeah, saw that this morning re NNA denying Sept's claim. Agree this sounds bad.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:49 AM
RichardRoma is infamous around these parts
...not exactly worried unlike you, dentist...
Please lets not get into the profession bashing here when we know dentists make as much if not more than many physicians and have a much more "relaxed" lifestyle....I wont even go into what orthodontists or endos pull in...

Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
GTR gets creamed at Eagle's Canyon slower than TTC Civic

Old 10-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by RichardRoma
Please lets not get into the profession bashing here when we know dentists make as much if not more than many physicians and have a much more "relaxed" lifestyle....I wont even go into what orthodontists or endos pull in...
Not an insult in the least, I'm not a doc yet and am not going to insult a fellow medical professional. He was calling me doc, and not divulging his profession, I figured out he might be a dentist (with info I wont post publicly) and was simply referring to him as such.
I have plenty of very good friends in dent school...I envy them for the reasons you posted exactly

Speaking of which Eclou, I was going to shoot you a PM at some point in time after this week regarding your views on McCains healthcare policy vs Obama. We all know McCains tax structure is better for docs, but healthcare policy wise, it's a very good pro/con discussion that can be had.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 10-14-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Dr J is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RichardRoma
....I wont even go into what orthodontists or endos pull in...

Orthodontists work hard...... sort of

Old 10-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
More interesting news. This guy is going to let them repo his car he's so pissed...http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25576

Last night I got the bad news from nissan I was not hoping for, my warranty claim for the second time was denied. This time I didn't even get a straight answer. I remember reading a statement from nissan posted on this forum that if the car breaks during a launch you are sol, and if it were to break in normal driving conditions it would be covered. We'll that statement is not true, my car from their records was not launched in the last 48 recorded hours. So if your car breaks like mine, in second gear, in normal driving conditions. All the while if at any point you've owned this car and had your vdc off, you and me are in the same boat. We can talk all we want about who is right or wrong on this, but the reality is if and when you tranny fails on this car <!--sizeo:7--><!--/sizeo-->you<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--> will be paying for a new one. There is a reason behind having 7 transmission replacement boxes in the back of the service and maintenance guide (page 52). This is not by any means a bargain race car.

When I talked to Anna Naraeva (1-866-668-1487 ext 57376) she gave me a answer I couldn't understand. Nissan is refusing my warranty claim for too many launches. When I asked her how many launches I have done she didn't know that, apparently the car doesn't record the launches it only records if the vdc has been turned off. So nissan is denying my warranty claim due to excessive launches but doesn't even have a tally on how many I did. That can't be legal.

Bottom line is this i'm paying payments on this car and I refuse to pay another payment. I am calling NMAC in the morning and telling them to repo the car. I know this is a dumb move on my part, but I feel so strongly about the way I have been railroaded here. Its like nissan thinks they run the world. Sorry guys for giving the gtr a bad name I don't want too, but put yourself in my shoes.

2003 nissan altima, 2006 nissan maxima, 2006 nissan titan, 2007 infiniti g35, 2009 nissan gtr, and nissan will never ever get another dollar from me again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.