997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:53 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Yes I am a dentist. (I wish I were smart enough to be a dentist.)

It's not like I am a former felon so you could post any info you please, no need to threaten. You are a doctor and I'll let you decide which ethical line you want to cross.

Are you ready to move on with the truce or do you want to keep going about this?
I have no problem with your recent postings and I see that you've gone out of your way to explain yourself. I think the forum has had enough of this fun.

Originally Posted by stradaONE8
Not an insult in the least, I'm not a doc yet and am not going to insult a fellow medical professional. He was calling me doc, and not divulging his profession, I figured out he might be a dentist (with info I wont post publicly) and was simply referring to him as such.
I have plenty of very good friends in dent school...I envy them for the reasons you posted exactly

Speaking of which Eclou, I was going to shoot you a PM at some point in time after this week regarding your views on McCains healthcare policy vs Obama. We all know McCains tax structure is better for docs, but healthcare policy wise, it's a very good pro/con discussion that can be had.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Anyone seen the Edmunds extended test of the GT-R.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....pic=23890&st=0

They had two weeks of down time for one repair and still servicing and still more problems. Stuff keeps braking. They even took the guts out and replaced a transaxle at the slightest hint of a problem, but certainly wont do that for the real buyers.

Seems Nissan like the media better treatment than the people who buy the car. The media gets faster cars and better service. Go figure.

And in contrast to the world premier (in tokyo) times that they got, and the ones they got when they returned to the states, the long term test revealed the following:

0-60 3.9- (3.3)
1/4 mile- 12.0 @ 114 (11.5 @121)
60-0- 108 ft (98 ft)
skidpad- .91g

Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I didnt read all 58 pages of this thread so this may be a repost
but Nissan has halted all orders of GTR-presumably to research the tranny issue.
This was just posted in my AMG forum

Old 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OldGuy
but Nissan has halted all orders of GTR-presumably to research the tranny issue.
No, I have not heard of that. I just read about it and it seems they are not talking about why, but it is likely that it has to do with the tranny.....

Old 10-14-2008, 05:15 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Gozilla has a scar on her(?) Adam's apple, and her dates don't like it

Old 10-14-2008, 05:31 PM
PuroMotor is infamous around these parts
Well if they are halting all order on the GT-Rs to review the problem. It would only be fair to service and repair the damaged GTRS that have been sold.

It's not right to sell somthing that will brake soon without having some kind of warranty.

that just lets you know the type of care they give to their clients.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cannga
Yes I am a dentist. (I wish I were smart enough to be a dentist.)

It's not like I am a former felon so you could post any info you please, no need to threaten. You are a doctor and I'll let you decide which ethical line you want to cross.

Are you ready to move on with the truce or do you want to keep going about this?
I have no problem with your recent postings and I see that you've gone out of your way to explain yourself. I think the forum has had enough of this fun.
Again, I don't know why you keep egging me on.
I'm saying I wont post anything personal because that isn't right despite all the info being on public domain. I PMed with all that I had to say, you chose not to reply and that's what I expected.
I said there and here that I don't make threats over the internet and that our discussion has come to a close. Have a good one Can.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:18 PM
RiceEater is infamous around these parts
bottom line: the GTR is a fraud, just as I predicted months ago!

It really does not have 480hp (yeah it has more, but does it have more than the media mules?).

If you go to the store and buy one, it will NOT cross the 'Ring in 7:29.

It's selling point as a "dependable" affordable supercar is pure BS: please see broken tranny issues.

Driving experience: many liken it to a modded Saleen mustang with all that weight, but the mustang is more fun!

I look forward to a refurb'd one at half the price.

Thread closed!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
"What's all this talk about Godzilla and 'lunch control'? Everyone knows that Godzilla eats when he wants to, you can't control his lunch. And what's all this talk about Godzilla beating up on Porsches? Everyone knows that Godzilla is this powerful imaginary beast that doesn't exist, and Porsches are the real thing. There is no substitute!"

Rodanna Rodanna Danna, 2008

Last edited by USCCayman; 10-14-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 AM
PuroMotor is infamous around these parts
Until they step up and prove their 7.29 I call bs on that car.

Porsche is willing to prove their times, why cant they?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:00 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OldGuy

Yeah, I mentioned it earlier. The thing is, most of the countries initial preorder lists are built prior to release. The US had a lot of delays due to dealer tech certification and pure delivery problems. That's the major reason they've only cancelled the Japanese cars, because they are already behind delivering the US spec models whereas they have a surplus of Japanese spec sitting on the lots. US, Europe and Japan are going to be 3 of the major markets, and Euro spec hasnt been released yet, and this could push it back.

Fact is I think they are covering up a huge mess that's going on in the upper channels with this tranny issue. First a recall on the whole line in Japan, and now far more problems in the states than they are admitting. There are guys popping up everywhere have GT-R's and know a fellow owner by way of the dealer of just friends who have busted a tranny. It's almost as bad as the Z06 and the motor seizures, but GM covered pretty much all of them that werent modded.

And it makes perfect sense because HARDLY ANYONE in the states reads a full manual and detailed warranty information before getting a car, so they get right in it and do what they saw in the mags. LAUNCH. The result is a lot of cars with busted tranny's and Nissan not voiding warranty's and not telling anyone what info they are using to do so.

Even in this whole mess, Nissan is still lying, making the consumer for their sneaky advertising tactics. Well that class action suit is coming, you can count on that, and when it does all hell will break loose.

Not only that, people have had the cars for all of 3 months now, what happens after years of just normal driving? Guys are going to start powerbraking instead of LC and they will still burn up the tranny. Not to mention all the other problems.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if Nissan was trying to beat Porsche to the release of of a duel clutch transmission, and in doing so gave buyers a rushed, underdeveloped transmission?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !

Last edited by eclou; 10-15-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
It seems more than likely that after 5 years they had still come up short. Remember that early last year, they were still talking manual for the GT-R. That has since never came up again since they said they were having problems with emissions because of the stick (yeah right, dsg is better for emissions, but so are turbos, and if you can add X hp for the Spec-V then you can put a manual in the base model, nuff said).

They saw that the DSG would help them actually get into contention, which they were desperate for and that the car had no chance as a manual. So they stuck it in there.

Well without LC, it still had no chance in acceleration, but they learned that multiple launches would break the tranny, but they had to have the numbers for the magazines. So they leaked the launch sequence to reporters, but never actually said anything about it themselves, so they could have a way out.

DSG was not in the original plans for this car, it was the saving grace for the previous 5 years of developement that came up woefully short.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT beats GT-R at Ring. Nissan accused of cheating.